HEY GUYS!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 7, 2017
Hello Everyone, I'm not sure if this is like the appropriate group to pose this question to. I'm a Christian, yeah. But why do I feel if it's not the Anglican church, it's nothing. I've been away from home for a while now for academic reasons. so i live with my cousin who attends a pentecostal church. I've never liked pentecostal churches, i'm not sure why. Each time I got to church, i feel unhappy cus i'm not where i'm supposed to be. i don't feel the urge to praise God or even if i do, it's done with hesitancy. This is really complicated. What do i do about this? I'll be in the comment section. thank you!

T

Tinuviel

Is there another church near by where you can go to? Maybe one within walking distance from where you are staying or from your cousin's church? Denomination splits are sad. Christians should not be fractured like that. BUT, the fracture is real. So, if you're not comfortable being in your cousin's church because you do not think they worship in a biblical manner (or if their style is just too different from yours), you can look for a different church. Even if it is not Anglican, maybe you can find something more like you're used to.

U

Ugly

I can relate. I was saved into pentecostal teachings as a young teen. My first few years as a Christian i spent with a lot of guilt, confusion and always chasing after 'God'.
When i finally came away from those teachings i began to feel more free, less guilt. Seemed i had a better understanding of God.
But then again i'm not a big supporter of the Anglican church, either. But i've had no personal experience with them, so i can't speak on it much.
Some denominations teach their denomination is the only right one. Does your normal church teach that?
While many are against denominations, i'm not opposed to the basic concept. The problem is, so often, they set themselves up as the only true denomination. If people put more faith in God and truth, and less in denominations, we would have less division in the church.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Hello Everyone, I'm not sure if this is like the appropriate group to pose this question to. I'm a Christian, yeah. But why do I feel if it's not the Anglican church, it's nothing. I've been away from home for a while now for academic reasons. so i live with my cousin who attends a pentecostal church. I've never liked pentecostal churches, i'm not sure why. Each time I got to church, i feel unhappy cus i'm not where i'm supposed to be. i don't feel the urge to praise God or even if i do, it's done with hesitancy. This is really complicated. What do i do about this? I'll be in the comment section. thank you!
I have a question for you first because anything contrary to the WORD OF GOD is evil.
So, Is what they are doing contrary to the WORD OF GOD?