Hey, I'm new. Let me tell you about me...

  • Thread starter Thread starter KayElizabeth
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KayElizabeth

Guest
Hey, I'm not quite sure how this website works yet. I'm a teenage girl. I've been bullied, and stabbed in the back a lot. I guess you could say I am lost, depressed, scared. Sometimes I think I'm asexual because I look at all these people who only care about sex, and I don't know if anyone could ever like me for me. I'm shy, quiet, I have a really big heart, I get hurt easily, I have little to no self esteem... I'm self conscious and insecure. I love helping people and making people happy... I found God last summer because of stuff I went through with my dad... He helped me through it all and now I don't have to see my dad. I don't have many friends... Or family. I've just had a rough start to hopefully a great life that lies ahead.. I don't know. I like to think of myself as a flower wilting in the shadows waiting for the sun to shine again... Though sometimes I forget that there is a sun somewhere... I know it is there. It has to be there. I like to play guitar, write, I love helping people... The greatest joy in my life is the feeling I get when I make someone happy or someone smile... When I save someone... When I can inspire others to stay strong.
 
Welcome to CC. Hope you enjoy it here, Hope you make friends wit hChristians alike and have great fellowship. There are lots of teens who pop in and out of CC. So if you manage to catch one, I hope you be able to talk and share wit hthem. But you are welcome to pop in Chat and have a friendly chat with us olies if you like. We dont bite. Lol But God bless and be blessed.
 
Hi Kay
You have traits of a personality type like mine. There are more people like us than you know. So don't let it get you down. Part of why we can be brought down easily is because we also tend to feel deeper than most others. So things hurt more, and we are not as good at coping, without ourselves, with the hurts we experience.
But on the flip side, our depth is what allows us to enjoy making others happy. Without the depth we have to experience the hurt we do, we wouldn't have the capacity and desire to help others as well.
Hopefully understanding that about yourself more makes things a little easier on you. When i learned more about personality types and where i fit into them i felt better about myself.
 
You're on the right track with that type of thinking. When I was your age, I found myself getting depressed due to bullying and not really accepting myself or knew if I ever stood for anything and had some identity issues, sort of speak. More so than the average teen. It has been that way for a majority of my life too and it still lingers around time to time again. I'm sorry to hear about your situation with your dad as well. Things will get better and the only way it does is by you and your decision as to how you see everything, even if the situation around you doesn't change any time soon. Unfortunately, people including myself get confused about that. I wish I didn't give in and had a more negative view on things as the outcome. You have a choice as to how you will continue on and me being someone who went the opposite direction, stay on the one you're currently on. Mature to where it helps you grow and not to where it destructs you. You'll see it in the long run. Keeping God in your life while this happens will make it even better. I lost him along the way because I decided to let go and had doubt. I've made suicide attempts that were on and off and I probably would've had less of those if I kept him around.

We live in a society that focuses a lot on sexual things. There's nothing wrong with you not having that type of mindset at all. I wouldn't be quick to assume you're asexual either, but I wouldn't encourage you to do anything sexual to say that you're not. You still have time to mature and have a better understanding of yourself before thinking about that. Don't give in to what others say and do around you. Finish school doing the best you can and do everything that you want to do in life. Then see where all the people that only focus on sex and taking advantage of others (known as thugs for a better term if you live in a ghetto area) will be by the time you're in college.

As someone said, you will meet a nice amount of teens here. There's a teens section if you haven't seen it if you feel more comfortable talking to people your age. If you have any questions or want to share anything then don't hesitate to do so.