Hey im single...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I deliver things all over Dallas. I used to be enterprise data architect and developer but I managed at about 40yrs old to get myself into a lot of trouble which made that life quite difficult to maintain. So now I'm coasting to my retirement. I'm about to inherit a house that is in an area of Dallas that is slowly being bought, and housing is being torn down and rebuilt with new housing so the house and property value are going up very fast...

Once this happens I will probably sell it and find some rural area where i can fish, hunt, smoke ribs and play extremely loud rock and roll. Im building a complete music studio for recording and all that as a means of making some money as well once I get that far.

Or maybe I'll get a nice RV and travel between national forest and speak at churches on wed night giving testimony and/or bible studies.... who knows...

or even both!
What kind of music do you record? What kind of style, what kind of message do you want to get out to the world, what kind of instruments...? What kind of mics? Which digital audio workstation do you go with?
 
What kind of music do you record? What kind of style, what kind of message do you want to get out to the world, what kind of instruments...? What kind of mics? Which digital audio workstation do you go with?
Well the style would be in "movements" from music like pink Floyd to heavy metal like Ozzy. Meandering through bothe emotions and events. Slow music building into a crescendo of rock riffs and back down as the conceptual story unfolds itself.

As for the message, it would be conceptual throughout but would reflect the pain and suffering as well as the redemption i have experienced. I would stop short of saying it is in your face christian, however if you were to see the presentation and know the lyrics, it would be clear that there is a christian basis for it.

I have a concept for a stage show for a church audience. That weaves the music and a message together using lyrics, music and visuals, and lighting.

I have several song, music sequences, and stage presentations I have designed, but it it no where complete and honestly I would need more help to bring it to fruition.

I believe God has stimulated these thoughts and ideas.

As for equipment. I use to have (about 15 years ago) about $35k in both stage and home studio equipment for every piece of the band: drums,guitar, bass, keyboard. Mixers, pa systems etc...

I had enough to light up a stage with about 5000 person arena. I do not have lighting and those thype effects though.

As fate would have it i only now retain about 1/2 of the aforementioned equipment. So im slowly building key pieces back.

What drives this is my background is in simple terms saved at 14, but never discipled and soon fell deeply into the occult,and the whole sex drugs an rock and roll. I maintained work through the late 80's until 2008 as a data architect and enterprise developer. This fed me good money for my addictions and pleasuress

All the while I had encounters with Jesus as well as evil things. In a very literal way jesus would be asking, are you sure you want to do that... a d he would let me. I carried and read the Bible with me everywhere... as well as a lot of occult material. everyone that knew me knew and mostly respected my faith. But I was wild to be sure.

It took a long time and a clear head to realize he was letting me choose the options, but he was teaching me lessons. He never left or abandoned me. And when I had that moment of clarity he literally brought my entire life back together using those moments where I deliberately choose evil to shape my understanding. But I digress..

I can't really explain this in this message it was very heavy lessons though.
 
Some bigger churches might be a good venue for a drama production, but it would be a tough sell at most churches I know of.

Maybe think about doing it digital. Instead of live production, make it a recorded movie. Most of the churches I have encountered would be much more likely to show a movie at their Church than put on a live show.
 
Some bigger churches might be a good venue for a drama production, but it would be a tough sell at most churches I know of.

Maybe think about doing it digital. Instead of live production, make it a recorded movie. Most of the churches I have encountered would be much more likely to show a movie at their Church than put on a live show.
Well Paul Stanley of Kiss once said "If you want to play in a stadium buy the stadium and play..." So once I have enough to truely begin production I will make short videos of the concept. My thought is this. Your right inside a church itself, may not go well.. however a church retreat into some rural park or something may give this a chance.

Also The church is really just a desire... As this isn't directly in your face Christian. But it still makes a great piece of meaningful art. Let me backtrack and share some frustrations I've had. As you say it would be a hard sell to a church. I have been given a real message with a real purpose.

I have been in many churches, mostly protestant. I have taught Sunday school for jr high and high school students. I have help home group bible studies. etc. I have not been to college or seminary, but my grasp of the bible, theology, Jesus and life in general is strong. In one such case, I had been involved in teaching Sunday school for a while. But the message i've been given is actually more to those who teach inside the church. To get to this point there is a lot of vetting that a church will do. Unfortunately, this tends to bump up against the leadership and their personal agendas. Additionally if the concepts I promote differ in ways that the leadership may not be sold on, it will never pass muster.

It is my belief that people as well as churches need to act on faith at least on occasion. But since my calling isn't to a single church but rather to many churches, i cannot bind myself into a congregation for years just to get their approval. I get it no, one wants to put an unknown speaker in front of their flock to espouse potentially difficult messages, hat may be to that person holding the keys . I'm not special, but some of the insights I've been given are. I'm not willing to hint to some preacher what my message is. In fact I either get a microphone or i do not. If i die without getting the message out, perhaps I am wrong about it all. So be it.

There is absolutely no way the lessons learned in my life are worthless. I have a rich comprehension of theology, can play just about any musical instrument Ive tried, I self taught myself to program as deep as assembly on computers by the age of 12. and then had a 25 year career with no formal education in enterprise America across the US as data architect and Software engineer. I was a Sonar tech in the First gulf war as a side note. These are facts not an inflated ego. My problem is that those who hold the keys I need to use don't have the ability to see what there being offered. They have no faith. They want other people to validate everything first so they can be comfortable.

Therefore, my personal attempt at this "music production" and additionally a set of books with these messages in them will ultimately be finished unless i die beforehand.

When madman John the Baptist come in from the wilderness essentially looking like a caveman with strange eating habit's yelling about the Kingdoms at hand etc... appears to not be vetted at all. I'm of course not comparing my message with Johns but still...

that is my frustration not sure how i ended up here but i feel better after expressing all of that lol.
 
um ok.
I'm not sure you stage thing would go over very well with people here.

Sheep are simple and not gonna be impressed by wolves trying to be sheep or wolves in general. We want quiet pastures and a place to refresh, and the space to do that. If we wanted to see a flashy production, we'd pay tickets to see Jesus Christ Superstar.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Charlesiii
um ok.
I'm not sure you stage thing would go over very well with people here.

Sheep are simple and not gonna be impressed by wolves trying to be sheep or wolves in general. We want quiet pastures and a place to refresh, and the space to do that. If we wanted to see a flashy production, we'd pay tickets to see Jesus Christ Superstar.
no you would have to hoodwink the audience, however, are a normal musical concert of it where it wasnt being billed as christian would work well.
 
um ok.
I'm not sure you stage thing would go over very well with people here.

Sheep are simple and not gonna be impressed by wolves trying to be sheep or wolves in general. We want quiet pastures and a place to refresh, and the space to do that. If we wanted to see a flashy production, we'd pay tickets to see Jesus Christ Superstar.
Now that's not fair! There has been no evidence yet to even suggest that he might be a wolf.

His ideas maybe a little bit different and his implementation is somewhat tone deaf, but it's just not fair to call him a wolf.
 
Now that's not fair! There has been no evidence yet to even suggest that he might be a wolf.

His ideas maybe a little bit different and his implementation is somewhat tone deaf, but it's just not fair to call him a wolf.
occult?
 
Jesus delivers us from evil, he doesn't want us to go there, or lead us into temptation.

If you wanna deliberately choose an evil path, don't be surprised if you get burned.
 
Well i can see why this may cross the mind, but it is really simpler than that. I've expressed this in my previous dialogs but may be worth repeating in one place. I have a stage show/concept album based on music and some slight dialog during the course of the show. On its own it is simply a ride thought the ups and downs of a hard life including serious events, fun events, dark events and even humor. This is similar to how Jethro Tulls concepts album Aqualung is. The musician that tells a tale through music (Like Tull) is a Bard. This is what I am doing is creating a story in Bard form.

It is intentionally manipulative to drive certain points into the mind of the listener. For example a song about loosing a loved one will of course have very sad musical parts and maybe even some heavy distortions because of dealing with the pain or anger about the event.

If you are a Christian, or a well read secular person heh., and you saw the whole thing laid out. with sound escalations and atone changes from soft to distortion, along with the actual lyrical content, it would show a Christian view without directly saying "AND THEN GOD SAVED ME FROM MYSELF, HALLELUIA", but would be self evident, especially if it was seen/viewed/heard all at one time. Rather than broken into individual songs

Note the Grand idea would be to present it in a say wed night church venue perhaps for the younger to middle age audience. However I can just as easily get power generators and go to a secluded forested area of austin, tx on a friday night and set up and perform this or parts of it anyway. (there is literally a huge forest area where bands play and people pary all night and day.) I dont need the church, but it would be more valued to a church. Without the church it ends up being a cult like following until someone mainstream would notice it.

Back in the late 80's I played guitar on stage in the dead spaces between the bands that were practicing to a somewhat private audience in a warehouse distric of Dallas in Oak cliff) that was half owned by Stevie Ray Vaughn Jr. there were several bands that practiced Fri, Sat nights and was good place to safely use drugs) with a very psychedelic heavy effects driven sounds. There was lots of LSD, Meth, coke, weed, etc... Many years later when i had gotten out of all that I would meet people who appear to already know me they would say " oh your that guy who plays psychedelic guitar stuff. " Turns out someone recorded this stuff occasionally and it got passed around to the Dallas underground drug scene... It was kind of shocking as I remember very little of it.

Anyway, the idea would be the opposite... a sheep in wolfs clothing... if you can follow that. I don't want a cult following of hippies, ive had that kind of. Nor do i want fame. I want to be a rock star but i do not want to be famous. In a way the church not having faith for something like this forces it into the secular realm. I'm planning on doing this anyway it just who gets the benefits. Christians or drug addicts.

Money, time and dedicated people with money and time are what makes the process slow. So i have a main goal and master plan but the reality will probably fall somewhere in the middle of the goal, but who knows.
 
Come on man, you live in Texas, and you can't find no one?!?! I'm guessing you should be able to find 5 woman in a week there. Something is rotten in Denmark, or something. lol

Seriously, Texas. Are you even trying????
 
Yea Texas is a huge place and plenty of cowgirls out there.
You want to be a rock star but not famous? I don't think it works that way. You are either a famous rock star or you are just a rock.
 
Yea Texas is a huge place and plenty of cowgirls out there.
You want to be a rock star but not famous? I don't think it works that way. You are either a famous rock star or you are just a rock.
I know right... I should rephrase that to I want to know i can be a rock star, but I don't want fame... how's that...

Basically it is a riot to crank up 120 watt tube amp and play excessively loud distorted guitar, hopefully with a drummer, bass and keyboards. It's a feeling that you get when it comes together, a vibe unmatched.

Plus I have less than 40% of my hearing because of ozzy concerts and the like... so I love it loud anyway.
 
Come on man, you live in Texas, and you can't find no one?!?! I'm guessing you should be able to find 5 woman in a week there. Something is rotten in Denmark, or something. lol

Seriously, Texas. Are you even trying????
Most single texas woman, like those in California are stuck up. Especially in the cities. Real females are rare and are usually very rural.
 
Most single texas woman, like those in California are stuck up. Especially in the cities. Real females are rare and are usually very rural.
Yes, we are. We like to see ourselves as the ‘Yellow Rose of Texas’ kind of girls.

You have to hold the door, take the restaurant bill and give us your credit cards.
 
  • Like
Reactions: legion
Yes, we are. We like to see ourselves as the ‘Yellow Rose of Texas’ kind of girls.

You have to hold the door, take the restaurant bill and give us your credit cards.
And THAT'S why I'm single. I will do those first two myself, but I hate when girls demand it. And the third one, no way.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Texasgal