Hi All of you sharing the same problem

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sweetums

New member
Feb 29, 2020
2
6
3
I have been driving myself crazy trying to help my husband with a porn addiction he brought back from Iraq in 2006. he has been to groups, two different counselors, our parish pries, prayer.. Money on books, everything that is available we have tried, I was at the end of my rope last night and decided no more. Then I sat down and thought about my vows, then I put it Gods hands, He led me to the computer to look up PTSD and porn addiction. I called him home from work and had him sit down and read what I read. He looked at me and said "I had no idea that could be the reason. All of the symptom fit. He is calling the VA on Monday looking for a certified sex and PTSD counselor. Hopefully this is the answer. God wouldn't steer me wrong. I though if there is anyone out there that shares the same set of symptoms. I encourage you to seek certified help. My prayers are with you.
 
I have been driving myself crazy trying to help my husband with a porn addiction he brought back from Iraq in 2006. he has been to groups, two different counselors, our parish pries, prayer.. Money on books, everything that is available we have tried, I was at the end of my rope last night and decided no more. Then I sat down and thought about my vows, then I put it Gods hands, He led me to the computer to look up PTSD and porn addiction. I called him home from work and had him sit down and read what I read. He looked at me and said "I had no idea that could be the reason. All of the symptom fit. He is calling the VA on Monday looking for a certified sex and PTSD counselor. Hopefully this is the answer. God wouldn't steer me wrong. I though if there is anyone out there that shares the same set of symptoms. I encourage you to seek certified help. My prayers are with you.
Hi Sweetums, Welcome and God Bless, You sound Like a great wife ..
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade and Isny
Hello and welcome to Christian Chat. We are glad that you have joined us and hope that you receive some helpful advice here.

You will probably get more interaction with the members here if you look through the forums for a thread that will be helpful to you, perhaps in the Christian Family Forum. Or you could start your own thread by asking a question. There are others here who have asked for similar advice. Some here could also perhaps use your advice.

Hopefully, you will find help here and perhaps soon Christian Chat will become part of your life....we hope so. May our heavenly father bless you richly. A warm welcome is coming your way. :)
 
Hi! Sweetums 😊Welcome to CC 😊


Thank you for sharing. I'll pray for your husband's total release from the trap of pornography May God heal the damage caused by porn in your marriage. In Jesus name 😇🙏🏼


God bless you and happy New month ❤
 
  • Like
Reactions: bojack and Deade
Only the Lord can change ones heart. Pray for him always, but he is engrossed in the sin of adultery and God despises that regardless of a persons state of mind. May your husband cease his ways before disaster comes. It will.
 
Hello Sweetums, welcome to Christian Chat. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

321806_f5d361fee449714f411af69955cb98b3.gif


321711_36fd47a20d83d5b11e9bda916801c442.gif
 
I have been driving myself crazy trying to help my husband with a porn addiction he brought back from Iraq in 2006. he has been to groups, two different counselors, our parish pries, prayer.. Money on books, everything that is available we have tried, I was at the end of my rope last night and decided no more. Then I sat down and thought about my vows, then I put it Gods hands, He led me to the computer to look up PTSD and porn addiction. I called him home from work and had him sit down and read what I read. He looked at me and said "I had no idea that could be the reason. All of the symptom fit. He is calling the VA on Monday looking for a certified sex and PTSD counselor. Hopefully this is the answer. God wouldn't steer me wrong. I though if there is anyone out there that shares the same set of symptoms. I encourage you to seek certified help. My prayers are with you.
I don't know anything about that but if you would like to pen pal to canada let me know
 
  • Like
Reactions: bojack and Deade
A warm welcome to CC, sister Sweetums. I am so sorry. That must be so painful for you. I know that we all seek excuses, but in the end it is sin. Sin itself is an addiction. Only the Great Physician Himself can offer a clean slate. He desires us to believe this by faith. These terrible circumstances can be stepping stones to a closer walk with Jesus if we will humbly lay them at His feet. He wants us to acknowledge His omnipotence.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
 
Welcome to CC and nice to meet you. Find some Scriptures on deliverance such as, Matthew 10:1 And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction. Also there are many in Psalms on deliverance you could use. God is a Good Father and will always help when we ask, God bless!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade and Isny
I have been driving myself crazy trying to help my husband with a porn addiction he brought back from Iraq in 2006. he has been to groups, two different counselors, our parish pries, prayer.. Money on books, everything that is available we have tried, I was at the end of my rope last night and decided no more. Then I sat down and thought about my vows, then I put it Gods hands, He led me to the computer to look up PTSD and porn addiction. I called him home from work and had him sit down and read what I read. He looked at me and said "I had no idea that could be the reason. All of the symptom fit. He is calling the VA on Monday looking for a certified sex and PTSD counselor. Hopefully this is the answer. God wouldn't steer me wrong. I though if there is anyone out there that shares the same set of symptoms. I encourage you to seek certified help. My prayers are with you.
Hello, Sweetums. 🙂 My respect for you is great seeing that you have this degree of commitment concerning the marriage covenant. I wish I could give you a hug. Thank you for your example. Thank you for your loyalty.

I do hope with you that God will obliterate this addiction. I will say a pray toward this end.

Glad to have you on CC!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deade