Hi guys, Messianic Jew here. scripture swap with less hate please.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 12, 2019
Texas
Thanks for asking. The two sets of Ephesians texts blew me away. When I read the NLT translation and saw that the translators were quoting Paul as saying, "The Mysterious Plan," that was it. My former and blessed wife used to say that I thought like a lawyer, meaning that I loved the details of conversation (and relationships), and this is True, for when I read of the Mysterious Plan, I knew that I had to do something about that text. I was honest with myself, admitting that I had not a clue of the Plan of God. Oh sure . . . John 3:16 sounds like the Plan of God, but it is only but one part of it. I needed to know, exactly, what that Plan was, so after some time I realized that I'd have to read the entire Bible for the very first time . . . I was probably 49 or 50 years old at the time. I figured out that I needed to read the Bible in a timeline, chronological order if I was going to understand the Holy Word.

So that's what I did. I not only began reading the entire Bible, but I began to highlight each and every Word. I needed to understand every phrase and idea before I moved onward to the next. I was shocked when I realized that the Tree of Life as mentioned in Gen 3:22-24, was a pre-image of the Circumcision of Christ. "Eat from the Tree of Life and they would have lived forever!" Colossians 2:9-15 is the fulfillment of Genesis 3:22-24. More and more, I began to see how the Bible was relating to the Day of Christ on the cross, and that what He was actually doing was His Holy Work. I kept running into amazing verses like Deut 30:6:

Deuteronomy 30:6 KJV - "And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live."

Slowly but surely, I began to see how the New Testament was Truly the fulfillment of the Old Testament. And more, that Colossians 2:9-15 are the most Perfect Seven verses in the entire Bible. I scoured that Holy Work looking for the most incredible ideas and concepts . . . and no doubt, without any question at all, nothing is more important than Colossians 2:9-15. In fact, Ezekiel 36:25-27 is the pre-image of Colossians 2:9-15.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 KJV - "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

The above is the predicted Circumcision of Christ as depicted in Colossians 2:9-15. What I found to be particularly incredible, is that Christ has been Circumcising Hearts since Abel, for Abel was the first True Prophet, and no True, Holy Prophet of God can remain under the Adamic Curse. Impossible.

Luke 11:50-51 NLT - "As a result, this generation will be held responsible for the murder of all God's prophets from the creation of the world-- 51 from the murder of Abel to the murder of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, it will certainly be charged against this generation."

Lifting the Adamic Curse is something that Jesus has been doing from the beginning, but this is completely independent of Christ dying for the penalty of sin, and the removal of the Sin Nature is independent of receiving the Gift of the Holy Spirit, and it is independent of Christ granting the ability to Turn and Repent.

Good sir, I could go on and on and on and on. But I will not! :D

Much respect to you.
Beautiful. i have something to add on that ezekiel. those kind of baptisms (really any) are beautiful and powerful. I believe Num31'21-24 is the event all baptisms symbolize and draw memory back to. please read it, and lets have a short conversation on it please.

big respect.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
i'm here to build a bridge
If you believe that Jesus, the Son of God, came down to Earth 2000 years ago, shed His blood for our Sins, rose up, and then went up to prepare a place for us when He comes again, then no bridge building is needed my brother.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Beautiful. i have something to add on that ezekiel. those kind of baptisms (really any) are beautiful and powerful. I believe Num31'21-24 is the event all baptisms symbolize and draw memory back to. please read it, and lets have a short conversation on it please.

big respect.
The Numbers 31:21-24 texts are huge. These passages are also a forward reflection of the Circumcision of Christ. To be Purified is to be Circumcised by Christ. This is a word that you will assuredly know. "Dross." When receiving the Circumcision of Christ, this is equivalent to the actual, physical circumcision of the foreskin . . . that which is unattractive if not ugly, dirty, filthy, disease ridden, etc. Baptism by Fire does exactly this . . . it removes all impurities, which is the Work of Christ. And then, as Num 31:21-24 indicates, all things must also be Purified by Water . . . Holy Water, which is the Holy Spirit. And the Gift of the Holy Spirit is also the Work of Christ.

All that remains after the Baptism by Fire is Pure . . . the Dross is removed and a person is Clean! It is the Right Hand of Christ that performs the Holy Circumcision.

Psalm 60:5 ESV - 5 That your beloved ones may be delivered, give salvation by your right hand and answer us!
Psalm 98:1 ESV - 1 A Psalm. Oh sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.
Psalm 118:15 ESV - 15 Glad songs of salvation are in the tents of the righteous: "The right hand of the LORD does valiantly,

Those three above passages are a future reflection of Colossians 2:9-15, the utter Core of the Bible. Spiritual Circumcision comes by the Right Hand of God, which perhaps is Christ. The Operative Work of this Right-Hand results in Salvation, for the Holy Spirit will never depart, such as a Holy Guarantee Who grants Eternal Life.

We must all know and understand Baptism by Fire. We must all seek it, for Baptism of Fire, the Circumcision of Christ . . . there is nothing more important in this world that we should seek and covet. If the Curse of Adam and Eve is not lifted, our minds cannot be Transformed (Romans 12:2). For it is because of the Circumcision of Christ that a person is Transformed. It is this very Circumcision that results in Holy Transformation.

Romans 12:2 ESV - "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

This incredible act of Christ results in the removal of the Sinful Nature, and replaced by the Divine Nature.

2 Peter 1:3-4 ESV - "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire."

It is an incredible thing . . . the Tanakh. What a beautiful, beautiful thing the Lord has written. And for the New Testament to explain these things of the Old Testament . . . well, it is simply shocking to this day . . . and I have been studying this Core Doctrine for years, now. I wish that people understood that our Gospel of Christ should also be known as the Gospel of Circumcision. If people could see these things, and believe in them, their entire lives would change.

Thank you for the chance to share with you. :)

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I liked that one too.

Cut to the quick without being overly mean about it.
Hmmm . . . He was referring to the Sinful State of humanity. I'm ok with us being mean to Sarx. :D

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Hmmm . . . He was referring to the Sinful State of humanity. I'm ok with us being mean to Sarx. :D
He could have just said unbeliever.

But people who practice forms of Judaism are pretty careful with that word, right? Because its mean. It has bad implications.

K

kaylagrl

sorry maybe i'm being a bit sensitive. i know there are good people here. i've just read a couple of posts that took me aback.
so i'm here to build a bridge

I hope you continue here as a brother in Christ. It's sad that some do not understand that anti- Semitism in the churches, the last place it should be, has turned many Jews away from Christianity. How very sad that is.

K

kaylagrl

Hi guys coming in hot. been a long while. I am a Yeshua First Believer, looking for scriptural conversation in short bursts.
Give you all a quick rundown:

- i've read galations. i'm on board for sure.
-i've read hebrews8'7-13 (lol though i prefer jer31'31-34) I'm on board for sure.
-i've loved Christ. for 6 years now. i'm on board. For Certain.

anyway scripture swap? something you loved or affected you strongly, and what you get from it spiritually?
seems people on here have some strong opinions on Jews and the "Law", so perhaps some assumptions will wilt.
maybe we all can leave some negative conventions to the side.

Oh and my swap would be a Psalm, 91. I have had several times in my life that I have turned to that psalm and read it again and again to help me through some tragic situations. It has comforted me many times.

Apr 26, 2021
Hi guys coming in hot. been a long while. I am a Yeshua First Believer, looking for scriptural conversation in short bursts.

-i've read hebrews8'7-13 (lol though i prefer jer31'31-34) I'm on board for sure.

anyway scripture swap? something you loved or affected you strongly, and what you get from it spiritually?
seems people on here have some strong opinions on Jews and the "Law", so perhaps some assumptions will wilt.
Your post made me think of:

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

If you know these things to be true also, the Father in heaven has revealed it to you. None of us will convince you. It's given to you to believe by your Father in heaven. You too are blessed.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Well, you certainly wouldn't know it by the talk in some of the threads here. smh Red xs flying.
You totally don't understand what Jesus teaching,you judge by yourself nature.
we talk about truth about Jesus,it is not hate,do you understand.

peace

K

kaylagrl

UOTE="soberxp, post: 4583530, member: 270045"]You totally don't understand what Jesus teaching,you judge by yourself nature.

peace[/QUOTE]

It sure isn't from love. Very sad that you don't see this. Appears it's not just the Jews who are blinded.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
You totally don't understand what Jesus teaching, you judge by yourself nature.
we talk about truth about Jesus, it is not hated, do you understand.

peace
Except that I have over twenty people on my Ignore list because of their abusive ways. This isn't up for debate . . . I really do have over twenty abusive people on that list.

Apr 26, 2021
You totally don't understand what Jesus teaching,you judge by yourself nature.

peace
When he is reproved or confronted, he considers that "abusive." He can't leave it at that, he must further justify himself, hence, he/she "really does have over twenty abusive people on that list." :LOL:

I'm proud to be one of them. :)

soberxp

May 3, 2018
When he is reproved or confronted, he considers that "abusive." He can't leave it at that, he must further justify himself, hence, he/she "really does have over twenty abusive people on that list." :LOL:

I'm proud to be one of them. :)
I am thinking about whether should I numb about anything.

I hope God guide Israel in his way.
Pls pray for The sake of kaylagrl, for he or she so love Israel.:sneaky:

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Ajaron.. Welcome.

The New wine is better..

The Old Wine had to be shared and drank for a while.

The risen Bread gives life... but was prepared and given through the unleavened.

Praise YAH for the Law of Love.
p.s What is a Yeshua first believer?

E

eternally-gratefull

Well, you certainly wouldn't know it by the talk in some of the threads here. smh Red xs flying.
Saying no one here hates jews is much like saying no one here teaches works.

Whoever says it is not very observant

E

eternally-gratefull

I love Heb 11, and the witness of faith of our fathers. So encouraging to see examples of people just like us who have such great faith

Apr 26, 2021
I am thinking about whether should I numb about anything.

I hope God guide Israel in his way.
Pls pray for The sake of kaylagrl, for he or she so love Israel.:sneaky:
I too have an ignore list and that particular one is on it. But, it wouldn't hurt for me to pray for that one too.