Hi I'm pete 55yr old from Southampton uk

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 1, 2023
I grew up in a Christian family both my parents were regularly church goers in fact it was in a South London church they met all those years ago when I was 15 I got a weekend job and gave up church in retrospect this was a big mistake it wasn't until 20yrs later God decided intervene and sent one of his angels together we went on an alpha course I was very receptive to what I heard and started to attend a local church so where am I at now?well I don't go to church anymore but my faith and relationship with God is still good I can honestly say being on this road has been and is the most difficult and challenging time of my life as well as the happiest of course my reason for joining this site is to share some of my experience of Christian life and chat with other like minded people bye for now pete

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
#ICAMETOSHARE

289923421_2122445107916006_402316190086402854_n - Copy.jpg

"Glad you showed up!
'And that is what it is about for a "few" of us.... sharing our life experiences
and with God.'

BeeBlessed

Jun 1, 2023
Welcome, @voiceofreason , a.k.a. Pete! :) We’re happy you’re here. This is a great place to connect with some really nice people who will help you in your challenging times and rejoice with you in the happiest of times. Enjoy exploring the forums!

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Welcome to CC.
---
More of His grace to you..

Blessings,

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I grew up in a Christian family both my parents were regularly church goers in fact it was in a South London church they met all those years ago when I was 15 I got a weekend job and gave up church in retrospect this was a big mistake it wasn't until 20yrs later God decided intervene and sent one of his angels together we went on an alpha course I was very receptive to what I heard and started to attend a local church so where am I at now?well I don't go to church anymore but my faith and relationship with God is still good I can honestly say being on this road has been and is the most difficult and challenging time of my life as well as the happiest of course my reason for joining this site is to share some of my experience of Christian life and chat with other like minded people bye for now pete
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome To Chat.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
(+ I and II). ← PG Rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!… + RICH Blessings ♫ 😇 ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Laup21

Jul 2, 2023

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Laup21

Jul 2, 2023
Hey Pete,
I,m Paul 53 and a newbie here like you. I also grew up in the church with a strong Christian family. My childhood however was spent in Yorkshire. I stayed with the whole church thing even during the pretty rough years that where my first marriage. I really fell out of love with the whole thing when my marriage finally failed. The church turned its back on me and in the end I on them. I replaced it with some pretty hard living, mostly involving drink. Eventually I met my second wife and settled down and after a lot of thought and study I found that more stable , personal relationship with God. I still don't attend any church regularly, although I have friends who do so get involved in the odd thing.
Anyway good to hear your story etc. Paul

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and welcome to CC!!! Glad you decided to sign on and stay connected to other believers around the world, it is great learning together. Enjoy browsing the Forums and chime in as soon as you're ready. God bless your family and time here!

Jul 1, 2023
Hey Pete,

I,m Paul 53 and a newbie here like you. I also grew up in the church with a strong Christian family. My childhood however was spent in Yorkshire. I stayed with the whole church thing even during the pretty rough years that where my first marriage. I really fell out of love with the whole thing when my marriage finally failed. The church turned its back on me and in the end I on them. I replaced it with some pretty hard living, mostly involving drink. Eventually I met my second wife and settled down and after a lot of thought and study I found that more stable , personal relationship with God. I still don't attend any church regularly, although I have friends who do so get involved in the odd thing.

Anyway good to hear your story etc. Paul
Hi Paul thanks for sharing that good to know you met someone new church is OK if you go regularly but if you stop going you tend to drop off their radar remember church is made up of fallen people like ourselves but God is our perfect father who never let's us down by the way do you still live in Yorkshire?

Laup21

Jul 2, 2023
Hi Paul thanks for sharing that good to know you met someone new church is OK if you go regularly but if you stop going you tend to drop off their radar remember church is made up of fallen people like ourselves but God is our perfect father who never let's us down by the way do you still live in Yorkshire?
Hi Pete,
Yes I agree the Church is made up of fallen people. I don't hold any grudge or bitterness from the time and hopefully just some level of understanding. It all happened at a point in my life where everything changed. But it did mark the end point of Church life for me. I do still live in North Yorkshire, which brings me to an interesting issue. I probably would like to re join a church community, but I live out in the sticks. So it's either a really tiny congregation in a village church or a 2-3 hour round trip to a bigger one? I can never decide if I should worship/help in my local community or just jump in the car lol....or maybe I am just a lazy Christian and just finding excuses to avoid it!
How's Church life in Southampton and is there lots of choice ?
Paul

selahsays

May 31, 2023
selahsays IMG_0874.jpg IMG_9375.jpg IMG_9466.jpg So happy to meet you!

Jul 1, 2023
Hi Pete,

Yes I agree the Church is made up of fallen people. I don't hold any grudge or bitterness from the time and hopefully just some level of understanding. It all happened at a point in my life where everything changed. But it did mark the end point of Church life for me. I do still live in North Yorkshire, which brings me to an interesting issue. I probably would like to re join a church community, but I live out in the sticks. So it's either a really tiny congregation in a village church or a 2-3 hour round trip to a bigger one? I can never decide if I should worship/help in my local community or just jump in the car lol....or maybe I am just a lazy Christian and just finding excuses to avoid it!

How's Church life in Southampton and is there lots of choice ?

Paul

Jul 1, 2023
Hi Paul yes living in a city there is a lot of different churches but the issue is me I've always been a square peg even though I've tried I never feel I fit in with any group when I was younger I was very much a loner and I used to get very upset about it as I've got older I've come to understand its who I am and these days I like being me As far as church goes it was a very important part of my life going back at that time it started a chain of events that's brought much peace and happiness into my life So I wouldn't ever rule out going back but I think I would be running into the same issues again I understand you are in a somewhat different situation and I pray God will infighting you in time take care now