hi my name is lele

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lele25

Mar 10, 2024
Someone made a statement that every is not design to get married is that true >?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Someone made a statement that every is not design to get married is that true >?
Yes. Jesus himself never married. And as pointed out about Paul, who wrote much of the New Teatament, was not married. And he discouraged marriage except for those who struggle sexually.
Trying searching 'marriage Bible Paul'.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Hi Lele25,

I love your favorite verse.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Jeremiah 29:11

Welcome to the cc forums!
🍵🙂👍

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
We marriage is a personal decision . it doesn't take away salvation from the believer like in the scripture .Hebrews 13:4(KJV) Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Hello Lele. We are glad you have joined us. There are many interesting members here so when questions are asked you will get many different answers which may lead to even more questions. Welcome Lele! :)

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
Yes. Jesus himself never married. And as pointed out about Paul, who wrote much of the New Teatament, was not married. And he discouraged marriage except for those who struggle sexually.
Trying searching 'marriage Bible Paul'.
Yes neither Jesus or Paul was married in this life . Jesus because he's bride is the church . Paul on the other hand did not discourage marriage that's inaccurate. He discouraged whoremogers and adultery. So suggest marriage where no sin involved .

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Yes neither Jesus or Paul was married in this life . Jesus because he's bride is the church . Paul on the other hand did not discourage marriage that's inaccurate. He discouraged whoremogers and adultery. So suggest marriage where no sin involved .
I Cor 7:8-9 (chapter is labeled "concerning married life")

8 Now to the unmarried and the widows I say:

It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.

9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi Lele, glad the Lord led you to CC and welcome, nice to meet you!!! Re your really good question, I like to rely on this Scripture from Jesus himself:
“Truly I tell you that if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and has no doubt in his heart but believes that it will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25And when you stand to pray, if you hold anything against another, forgive it, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your trespasses as well.”…Mk 11:23-25
I know people who have wanted to get married, got on Christian Mingles and met their spouse and future spouse. If that's what you desire go for it and cast it to the Lord, imho, lol. God bless you and keep you🙏🌹

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
I Cor 7:8-9 (chapter is labeled "concerning married life")

9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
Oh yea . . not burning with passion was the emphasis . not discouraging marriage . remember Paul said he said those words of himself and not of the holy spirit ..
1 Corinthians 7:6-7(KJV) But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. Let's be diligent in serving the Father .

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
If God has marriage for us, it will not be a struggle or a worry, He will provide what is good for us when we follow Him, and it may not be marriage.
If we focus on God & His Kingdom,
And not set our heart on something that may not be in God’s plan for us, then we will not be disappointed.
Matthew 6:21,25-33 KJV
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
[25] Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
[26] Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
[27] Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
[28] And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
[29] And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
[30] Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
[31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
[32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek, for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
[33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 19:29 KJV
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

We cannot follow God on our conditions.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Oh yea . . not burning with passion was the emphasis . not discouraging marriage . remember Paul said he said those words of himself and not of the holy spirit ..
1 Corinthians 7:6-7(KJV) But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.
For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. Let's be diligent in serving the Father .

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Did you miss where apostle Paul said he speaks that word of permission and not command of the holy spirit ?
Did you miss where I never said anything about a command? I quoted scripture to correct your statement. Rather than accepting it you your morphed responses to get around it, and failed. Now you're trying to accuse me of things I never said nor implied. I simply stated that, using the given scripture, marriage is not a promise in answer to the OP.
I can see this is not only a dead end conversation with you, but descending into false claims. I'm done.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
“Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”” (Genesis 2:18 NASB)

...and that would be Eve not Steve👰🤵👶=family💕

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
Did you miss where I never said anything about a command? I quoted scripture to correct your statement. Rather than accepting it you your morphed responses to get around it, and failed. Now you're trying to accuse me of things I never said nor implied. I simply stated that, using the given scripture, marriage is not a promise in answer to the OP.
I can see this is not only a dead end conversation with you, but descending into false claims. I'm done.
Friend i am here that I myself maybe enlightened and also edify my readers . you quoted a scripture 1 cor 7 ;8,9 but prior to that in 1cor 7 ;6,7 Paul spoke warned about what he was to say in verse 8 and 9 as being his words and preference and not commanded to say by the holy spirit . thats all I hoped you would see . anyway I pray peace .God bless

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
On a lighter note ...am not married right now and I believe I will be to a Christian woman in time . I give great marriage advise like apostle Paul ..😁😁😁😁😁😀😀😀😎😎