Hi, new convert

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Thats a great idea actually! thank you I've noticed study bibles tend be quite pricey especially when you look outside of the king james translation but I guess there's nothing stopping us from taking notes on a regular bible, I don't know why I didn't think of that myself to be honest so thank you! :giggle:
Every non-KJ bible has a copyright and the publishers make millions. There's a huge financial insensitive to come out with new versions constantly. The study Bibles in KJV are only on the notes and extras, which drives up the price of the only non © version normally published.

I get better insight when depending on the Holy Spirit. Sometimes a cross-reference pops into my mind, but can't remember where to find it.. That's when the study gets very touching as I open exactly to the page and He brings my eyes to the verse. That doesn't happen every time, but more often than it used to. I'm not opposed to doing computer searches, but I don't want to miss out on the blessings of God's direction when He decides to lead that way. Then I write those references in the corresponding places in each margin. As time goes on those accumulate and I find that it's more meaningful.

The blank pages in the front or back are good places to write answers to prayers and date them. Those become good reminders and faith builders.