Hillsong worship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
So on Monday I came across a video on YouTube that talked about Hillsong worship being uhhh antichrist, supporting certain things that aren't really CHRISTIAN
And in the comments section I saw people saying "after watching this I deleted all their songs from my playlist, I dumped all their CDs in the trashcan " and stuff like that

But what I don't get is, let's say they are what the video say they are
Why delete the songs? The lyrics are beautiful, very deep if you ask me

What I'm trying to say is, what would they gain from doing that though 🤷🏽🤷🏽🤷🏽

G

Gracie_14

That's ridiculous.....

Hillsong worship's songs come from the very presence of God...how can you mix both darkness and light all at the same time....it's impossible....

I don't know...it's a bit confusing when you look at both sides...yes, I gotta say, there were occasions where Hillsong did some compromising things....but you can't say they're part of the Illuminati? That's crazyyyyy! (not you directly though ;) )

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
So on Monday I came across a video on YouTube that talked about Hillsong worship being uhhh antichrist, supporting certain things that aren't really CHRISTIAN
And in the comments section I saw people saying "after watching this I deleted all their songs from my playlist, I dumped all their CDs in the trashcan " and stuff like that

But what I don't get is, let's say they are what the video say they are

What I'm trying to say is, what would they gain from doing that though 🤷🏽🤷🏽🤷🏽
There are a whole host of "heretic hunters" out there who spend night and day accusing the brethren. Virtually EVERY singer or Pastor they will dissect to find what they consider heresy.

Hillsong has some truly beautiful songs that worship the Lord.

Having said that, their song " So will i" has some huge problems that I can't ignore. So I don't listen to that one anymore. That's it.

G

Gracie_14

Having said that, their song " So will i" has some huge problems that I can't ignore. So I don't listen to that one anymore. That's it.
You mean with the "evolution" statement?

G

Gracie_14

Just for those who have a problem with the song ;)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
You mean with the "evolution" statement?

Although I REALLY don't like the evolution stuff, my main objection is THIS line:

"If You gave Your life to love them so will I
Like You would again a hundred billion times"

This to me IS ACTUAL HERESY. Jesus died ONCE for all, for all time. To suggest He would again and again is NOT GOOD. I understand Hyperbole to make a point, but not with this doctrine.

G

Gracie_14

Although I REALLY don't like the evolution stuff, my main objection is THIS line:

"If You gave Your life to love them so will I
Like You would again a hundred billion times"

This to me IS ACTUAL HERESY. Jesus died ONCE for all, for all time. To suggest He would again and again is NOT GOOD. I understand Hyperbole to make a point, but not with this doctrine.
Wow....I didn't notice that...hmmm....

Oh gosh...now I have something to think about....I don't think it was meant that way *sighs* It's a gooooood song though

There are a whole host of "heretic hunters" out there who spend night and day accusing the brethren. Virtually EVERY singer or Pastor they will dissect to find what they consider heresy.

Hillsong has some truly beautiful songs that worship the Lord.

Lol I don't really like the song
"If the clouds were made to worship so will I" 🎵🎶

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
let's say they are what the video say they are
Then it'd be beautiful and meaningful, but fake. Which would kind of make it not beautiful and meaningful, in my opinion. And thus, some people might not want anything more to do with it.

how can you mix both darkness and light all at the same time....it's impossible....
Not sure what you mean by this. People who preach in the name of Christianity do evil things all the time.

btw there are at least two older threads discussing the legitimacy/illegitimacy of Hillsong.