H
He_reigns
Guest
If this is true (?) then I was wrong about the AOG and its just another dumpster fire group.
check it out for yourself.
If this is true (?) then I was wrong about the AOG and its just another dumpster fire group.
I do not know why I have such a bad attitude towards people who use the word Yeshua over Jesus.
I do not mind it at all if the people are actually hebrews, but 99% of the times they are just part of the "hebrew roots" torah observant movement and pretending to be Jews while they cannot even order a coffee in hebrew.
I think my attitude being so sour stems from the fact that the New Testament was written in greek and there are NO MANUSCRIPTS where Jesus' name is written "Yeshua". It is always Iesous, so appeareantly Paul Peter and the rest of the Apostles did not mind using a greek name. If the Apostles did not use a hebrew name, why should I? I am not hebrew.
Nonetheless, I apologize and I am sorry for having a condescending and bad attitude towards all the sincere believers who just prefer the hebrew name Yeshua. I realize you are out there, sometimes I just get defensive because I assume you are part of the 'hebrew roots' works of the law movement.
You're not understanding what law was done away with, it was the law of sacrifice, that's what Paul was talking about. Throughout the scriptures it says to keep my commandments, Jhn 14:15 if you love me keep my commandments, if you want to live keep my commandments, the commandment of TMH is pure, enlightening the eyes Psa 19:8 meaning if you don't keep his commandments, you can't understand His Word.Ok redeemed, you are completely misunderstanding the point that marc is making. The same Apostle Paul that you quoting from Romans is the same Paul who said the following at Galatians 3 starting at vs23, "But before faith came we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. vs24, Therefore the Law has become our tutor TO LEAD US TO CHRIST, that we may be justified by faith. vs25, But now that faith has come WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE TUTOR. vs26, For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,"
In other words, keeping the law will not save anyone. This "DOES NOT MEAN" the ten commandments are not to be obeyed. It means that we are justified by faith in Jesus Christ and not justified by keeping the law. The law is what leads us to Christ, hence the word "tutor." Even the Old Testament saints were not justified by keeping the law or even the ten commandments. I highly suggest you read the "Faith" chapter which is Hebrews 11.
I also suggest you read Romans 4 (the whole chapter) where Paul says Abraham was justified by faith because he believed God and it was recokoned to him as righteousness. Now, getting back to your LOOOOONG post which I did not read all of it, what point are you trying to make? You sound a little angry to me or perhaps a little discouraged, why? I also see your all of 20 years old, I have a bunion older that you. You should be rejoicing in Christ and bringing others to Him thereby making disciples. Finally, don't take what I'm saying as a "put down" or even personal, live every moment to the fullest.![]()
IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
There is not one law or commandments in affect today that we can't keep. The only law that is done way with is anything having to give blood whether it be your own or an animal.
You're not understanding what law was done away with, it was the law of sacrifice, that's what Paul was talking about. Throughout the scriptures it says to keep my commandments, Jhn 14:15 if you love me keep my commandments, if you want to live keep my commandments, the commandment of TMH is pure, enlightening the eyes Psa 19:8 meaning if you don't keep his commandments, you can't understand His Word.
Proverbs 6:23 KJV - 23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
Proverbs 19:16 KJV - He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die.
John 12:50 KJV And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
Proverbs 7:2 KJV - Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
1 John 2:3 KJV - And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
There is not one law or commandments in affect today that we can't keep. The only law that is done way with is anything having to give blood whether it be your own or an animal.
You're not understanding what law was done away with, it was the law of sacrifice, that's what Paul was talking about. Throughout the scriptures it says to keep my commandments, Jhn 14:15 if you love me keep my commandments, if you want to live keep my commandments, the commandment of TMH is pure, enlightening the eyes Psa 19:8 meaning if you don't keep his commandments, you can't understand His Word.
Proverbs 6:23 KJV - 23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
Proverbs 19:16 KJV - He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die.
John 12:50 KJV And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
Proverbs 7:2 KJV - Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
1 John 2:3 KJV - And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
There is not one law or commandments in affect today that we can't keep. The only law that is done way with is anything having to give blood whether it be your own or an animal.