Hobbies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
walking, is a hobby ? 😆
As "running" or "jogging" is a hobby, so is "walking," or maybe to be less confusing for you, "hiking."

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I only trust meek responses, not angry ones attacking fire with fire. This kind of defensive attitude only serves to confirm the person as guilty as charged.

Godspeed.
That's exactly why we don't trust any of your replies. No meekness at all there, only railing accusations.

I think you’re missing the point. Not sure if you’ve dated women much. It’s more enjoyable if they cook. I am not interested in cooking myself.

Godspeed.
Good luck with that. I cook, my father cooks, all my uncles cook, almost every man I know at church likes to cook...

But then we live in the South. Maybe it's different in other places. Maybe where you live men don't cook.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I think you’re missing the point. Not sure if you’ve dated women much. It’s more enjoyable if they cook. I am not interested in cooking myself.

Godspeed.
It is much more enjoyable for them if you cook for them, perhaps you have missed the point.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I only trust meek responses, not angry ones attacking fire with fire. This kind of defensive attitude only serves to confirm the person as guilty as charged.

Godspeed.
I see: so you admit your guilt. Good :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I’d rather hear that from oldethennew since my reply wasn't directed to you. You're behaving like bad people from thirld world countries by not respecting the autonomy and responsibility to speak for oneself. oldethennew isn't a child and you're not the mom anyways. As such, you're only degrading oldethennew further by speaking. If I do speak to you directly in the future, you're welcome to respond then and your response will be given a better consideration. Otherwise, I’m not buying it as it stands. Godspeed.
Grow up.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If I do speak to you directly in the future, you're welcome to respond then
I am free to respond whether you address me or not, and since you seem wholly ignorant of the fact that that is how public forums are set up to work, you are welcome for me informing you of this. You show your double mindedness often, and this is just another example, for you do not respond only when addressed directly by another. Better cut back on your participation here, in order to live according to the standard you wish to impose on others, and stop being such a hypocrite.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
seems like some of the above posters enjoy arguing and judging/slandering each other on forums, a mindless hobby. I dont recommend that.

I can recommend origami
or crossword puzzles.
jigsaw puzzles - these dont need to be expensive if you get them from the op shop, do them take a photo once you are done then pass them to someone else

if you like numbers...sudoko

some people like birdwatching or trainspotting. Basically what you do is identify as many birds as possible or trains. The thrill is catching them on time. If youve got a camera you can take photos, or just record them in a notebook. Then you can join a club where everyone is a trainspotter or birdwatcher and you can say I saw so and so train or I know xxx number of birds.

Sounds daft but actually lots of people do this! It could be anything doesnt have to be birds or trains.

You could be a mystery worshipper...attend as many church services as possible as a visitor and record what songs get sung or sermons are preached in each of them.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i have done hiking, so i know the difference.
I think walking now has become a super cool hobby in countries where everyone drives a car, and people worry about their 'carbon footprint' . But Ive known people that drive to where they are going to walk.

But then some rich peoples hobbies is actually driving their cars. expensive though. You could offer be a test driver though for a car manufacturer...it probably wouldnt cost much. I personally dont fancy being a crash test dummy though. Or fixing old cars. A lot of people go haunt scrapyards and just make stuff out of the junk there - its free

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
I think walking now has become a super cool hobby in countries where everyone drives a car, and people worry about their 'carbon footprint' . But Ive known people that drive to where they are going to walk.

But then some rich peoples hobbies is actually driving their cars. expensive though. You could offer be a test driver though for a car manufacturer...it probably wouldnt cost much. I personally dont fancy being a crash test dummy though. Or fixing old cars. A lot of people go haunt scrapyards and just make stuff out of the junk there - its free
well, I don't have a car at the moment.

Jan 19, 2021
www.angelicwarlord.com
Being single I have a lot of extra time on my hands...

Enjoy antiquing, particularly collecting pro football memorabilia. Turned the hobby into a business on the side in that I am a dealer at a local antique mall.

I am also into music with a special focus on Christian rock of a heavier nature. Enjoy writing and web design, so turned all three into a Christian music website I run on the side.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I can explain this one for you. Some people live in neighborhoods where you REALLY do not want to go for a walk.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I am also into music with a special focus on Christian rock of a heavier nature. Enjoy writing and web design, so turned all three into a Christian music website I run on the side.
So when you say you're into music... Do you collect it, sing it at church, play it in a band or make your own songs?

I'm asking because I'm a music nerd too.

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Being single I have a lot of extra time on my hands...

Enjoy antiquing, particularly collecting pro football memorabilia. Turned the hobby into a business on the side in that I am a dealer at a local antique mall.

football memorabilia, being ?

Jan 19, 2021
www.angelicwarlord.com
So when you say you're into music... Do you collect it, sing it at church, play it in a band or make your own songs?
I'm asking because I'm a music nerd too.
I have no musical ability. LOL. So listen to it instead, have a collection of CD's, vinyl, cassettes, etc that is in the thousands.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have no musical ability. LOL. So listen to it instead, have a collection of CD's, vinyl, cassettes, etc that is in the thousands.
Christian heavy rock... Paige Armstrong? Sent By Ravens? Shachah?

Going way back... Barlow Girl?

Having a music collection seems to be regarded as old fashioned these days. Everybody is defaulting to streaming services, where you either have to keep paying every month to maintain access or listen to incessant commercials. But I'm keeping my collection. I can listen to Lynx Radio anywhere I am, with no data service at all, and it plays all the hits I like... every single one of the 10,466 tracks in my carefully curated collection. :cool: