Hola!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Greetings to the crew. I'm looking forward to meeting the friendly ones of the group. :)

TimothyGirl

Jul 19, 2019
"Kanjani" and welcome to the Chat! :)

I've discovered that the "friendly ones" normally make themselves known... The unfriendly ones only come out of their holes and bite at night... Considering the differing time-zones here some of us have to watch out during our day time... :unsure:

Sorry, couldn't resist the humor... :LOL:
Welcome aboard, 2ndTimothyGroup!

For obvious reasons, I'm a little curious about the user name, if its something you don't mind sharing? :)

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
"Kanjani" and welcome to the Chat! :)

I've discovered that the "friendly ones" normally make themselves known... The unfriendly ones only come out of their holes and bite at night... Considering the differing time-zones here some of us have to watch out during our day time... :unsure:

Sorry, couldn't resist the humor... :LOL:
Welcome aboard, 2ndTimothyGroup!

For obvious reasons, I'm a little curious about the user name, if its something you don't mind sharing? :)
Ha! My first reply ever . . . and you made me laugh. :) Thank you!

I see that we have something in common, Timothygirl. :)

My handle, of course, is based on the 2nd letter to Timothy because of how Paul handled the young, Powerful leader in Timothy. I believe that this letter shows us how Paul had calmed down, that he had learned to build others up instead of tearing them down for their weaknesses. The letters to Galatia and the Corinthians show us that Paul could be pretty hardcore, but in his final letter, we find a gentle Paul that realizes that he needs to rebuild confidence within Timothy if he is going to get over his fears and insecurities of the two false-renegade teachers that had overtaken the church. For Timothy to leave an entire group of people in the hands of evil preachers . . . this means that souls could be lost. Is there anything worse than that? Yet . . . Paul restores Timothy's confidence through many different ways . . . and this letter changed my life. This letter taught me that I had never had a Paul in my life . . . and that we ALL need this kind of gentle, good, and kind leader!

TimothyGirl

Jul 19, 2019
Ha! My first reply ever . . . and you made me laugh. :) Thank you!

I see that we have something in common, Timothygirl. :)

My handle, of course, is based on the 2nd letter to Timothy because of how Paul handled the young, Powerful leader in Timothy. I believe that this letter shows us how Paul had calmed down, that he had learned to build others up instead of tearing them down for their weaknesses. The letters to Galatia and the Corinthians show us that Paul could be pretty hardcore, but in his final letter, we find a gentle Paul that realizes that he needs to rebuild confidence within Timothy if he is going to get over his fears and insecurities of the two false-renegade teachers that had overtaken the church. For Timothy to leave an entire group of people in the hands of evil preachers . . . this means that souls could be lost. Is there anything worse than that? Yet . . . Paul restores Timothy's confidence through many different ways . . . and this letter changed my life. This letter taught me that I had never had a Paul in my life . . . and that we ALL need this kind of gentle, good, and kind leader!
Fear not, if I know the Crew, the rest of the replies will follow shortly... I'm actually privileged to get in there first for a change! Glad I made you laugh - it would have been a bad start if it was taken in the wrong way :oops:

Seems there is some common ground indeed! I do enjoy your perspective on all of that - Paul can come across as rather austere at times. 2nd Timothy is a beautiful and intimate letter shared between Father and Son; I can understand how it would change your life. May the Lord still surprise you with a Paul in your life. When I was younger, that was my heart's cry and the Lord sent a Paul to father me in the faith... (a little bit of a hint as to where my username comes from :))

I learned that the same love that is found in the "building up" found in Second Timothy is very present in the "tearing down" found in Corinthians and Galatians. It is the rebuke, the discipline and scourging that instills in you a sense of adoption (Hebrews 12), and the encouragement and the comfort that comes in the wake of that - well, it's sweetness to the soul... :giggle: I'm treading on thin ice here, so let me not say anything that's going to get me into trouble now :geek: But yes, ALL we need in life is a Christlike leader!

Getting rather deep for an introduction - sorry, some of us just can't help digging deep!
It's a pleasure to have you with us, and looking forward to getting to know you in the forums.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Fear not, if I know the Crew, the rest of the replies will follow shortly... I'm actually privileged to get in there first for a change! Glad I made you laugh - it would have been a bad start if it was taken in the wrong way :oops:

Seems there is some common ground indeed! I do enjoy your perspective on all of that - Paul can come across as rather austere at times. 2nd Timothy is a beautiful and intimate letter shared between Father and Son; I can understand how it would change your life. May the Lord still surprise you with a Paul in your life. When I was younger, that was my heart's cry and the Lord sent a Paul to father me in the faith... (a little bit of a hint as to where my username comes from :))

I learned that the same love that is found in the "building up" found in Second Timothy is very present in the "tearing down" found in Corinthians and Galatians. It is the rebuke, the discipline, and scourging that instills in you a sense of adoption (Hebrews 12), and the encouragement and the comfort that comes in the wake of that - well, it's sweetness to the soul... :giggle: I'm treading on thin ice here, so let me not say anything that's going to get me into trouble now :geek: But yes, ALL we need in life is a Christlike leader!

Getting rather deep for an introduction - sorry, some of us just can't help digging deep!
It's a pleasure to have you with us, and looking forward to getting to know you in the forums.
Thank you, Timothygirl . . . that was a wonderful reply. :D

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @2ndTimothyGroup, welcome to CChat! I'm glad that you found us :)

I have a question for you. You said,

Paul that realizes that he needs to rebuild confidence within Timothy if he is going to get over his fears and insecurities of the two false-renegade teachers that had overtaken the church.
Who were they :unsure:

Thanks!

God bless you!!

~Deut
p.s. - I don't like talking with some of the unfriendly types who show up here at times, but when they do, I try to remember that there are several advantages to having them around. For instance, along with knowing who to pray for, they can also help us know where our walk is with the Lord, as being a true, Matthew 7:12 Christian, is a much more difficult thing to be with a difficult person ;) Quite frankly, they are one of the reasons that I have the verses/passages that you see below in my signature line (as reminders too).

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi nice to meet you and welcome to the fellowship here at CC! I see you got some good advise above, lol so I'll say God bless you!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
If you will let me join your group, I will let you call me 'Timothy Oyster':). Thank you so much for your openness and testimony. You are a blessing already.:):coffee:

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Hello @2ndTimothyGroup, welcome to CChat! I'm glad that you found us :)

I have a question for you. You said,

Who were they :unsure:

Thanks!

God bless you!!

~Deut
p.s. - I don't like talking with some of the unfriendly types who show up here at times, but when they do, I try to remember that there are several advantages to having them around. For instance, along with knowing who to pray for, they can also help us know where our walk is with the Lord, as being a true, Matthew 7:12 Christian, is a much more difficult thing to be with a difficult person ;) Quite frankly, they are one of the reasons that I have the verses/passages that you see below in my signature line (as reminders too).

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
Hello good sir!

I believe the two false-teachers that were over-taking the church of Ephesus were Hymenaeus and Alexander, as noted in 1 Timothy 1:20.

I agree with what you've advised. However, it is important that I know who to Trust. We don't want to Trust the enemy with information that might be used against us . . . know what I mean? :)

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Greetings to the crew. I'm looking forward to meeting the friendly ones of the group. :)
Hello 2TG and welcome to Christian Chat!

May God Bless you and your time here and Bless us through your being here as well.
See ya about the threads!