Holy Quacking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2009
Some well known pentecostals do not agree with this behaviour and have attributed making animal noises etc to an animal spirit. They saw this thing all the time in Africa where people who worshipped elephants would act like an elephant and head-butt trees etc. Others would manifest as snakes, sliding around on the ground. But, in thise case, it is everyone quacking like a duck. If not from God then most likely mass hysteria.

But , if God wants to make someone quack like a duck, so be it. It could be prophetic. I would only say it is not of God for certain, if they then proceed to bite heads off live chickens. God makes people shake sometimes, and that's fairly embarrassing. God caused Nebuchudnezzar lose his mind and eat grass like a cow.

M

missy2shoes

God allowed Neb's mind to go for a time because of pride.........

S

SamIam

I would rather moo like a cow than quack like a duck

May 21, 2009
Why don't you just say the book of Acts is a lie in turn calling God a lier. I pray you learn the bible and repent before you end up in hell. The book talks about leading people away from God like you are. I feel very sad for you and pray you will learn God before it's too late. God bless you, Love

N

nanabean

I have felt attacked and judged ever since I last posted on this thread,...by others whom don't even know me. I asked a question, stated how I was feeling about something, and I get told I "don't need God to tell u (me) that, for u (I) already know what God is going to do and how he is going to to it, and that is why you (I) feel that (way) MY OWN QUOTE I am reminded.....but out of context to what I was meaning. I blame myself though..I should never have written anything in the "Bible Discussion Forum" in the first place....cuz questions lead to others thinking you are completely stupid .....instead of just asking questions,,,, oh well..I'm not a debater nor an argumentative person, and so I will not bother even trying TRYING to explain nor defend myself...see it the way YOU want to guys....God knows my heart and what I mean and feel. God Bless....Amen

Jan 8, 2009
Don't worry nanabean you are not alone. Us pentecostals have probably felt attacked, judged and ridiculed, by the very nature of these sorts of threads that mock and ridicule the Holy Spirit, Holy Laughter etc.

Feb 27, 2007
I have felt attacked and judged ever since I last posted on this thread,...by others whom don't even know me. I asked a question, stated how I was feeling about something, and I get told I "don't need God to tell u (me) that, for u (I) already know what God is going to do and how he is going to to it, and that is why you (I) feel that (way) MY OWN QUOTE I am reminded.....but out of context to what I was meaning. I blame myself though..I should never have written anything in the "Bible Discussion Forum" in the first place....cuz questions lead to others thinking you are completely stupid .....instead of just asking questions,,,, oh well..I'm not a debater nor an argumentative person, and so I will not bother even trying TRYING to explain nor defend myself...see it the way YOU want to guys....God knows my heart and what I mean and feel. God Bless....Amen
Love 2 u nana & hugs & stuff... been there felt that.

C

Compassion

I happen to think that Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, and Benny Hinn are awesome men of God, and find this thread extremely offensive.

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Firstly, I am not going to let you get away with saying you feel that you have been attacked. You ask a question in response to a video and people respond and you take it personally. We will never learn anything if we take things personally. You may not have gotten a satisfactory answer to your question, but don't stop thinking it through and start blaming the 'Bible Discussion Forum'. If you let your emotions stop you short, how can you add to your faith any virtue and to your virtue any knowledge ... (2Pt 5:5-8)? That is all part of growing up into Christ, our head.

Is there a difference between 'trying' the spirits and 'discerning' of spirits? If so, what is the difference? When you detested what you watched, was it because of discernment, personality preference, spiritual association or did you 'try' the spirits? Like Thaddeuas said, you would have to be there in order to 'try' the spirit. RoboOp made a determination based on observation and considered it to be out of order, even if it was of the Holy Spirit. What I take from his assessment is a lack of wisdom on the part of the leadership to let that continue because of visitors that might be there observing who may be confused by what was going on.

If we as believers are to walk by faith and not by sight (2Cor 5:7), shouldn't we come to some kind of sound conclusion in our faith to walk in? We can make an informed judgment based upon the word of God and being filled with the Spirit into what is of God and what is not. That does not mean that we go around judging believers, groups or ministries that God has called and is using as a portion of God's body on this earth. God will take care of those concerns because He is very qualified to do it. Our job is to build up and edify with grace and truth through the word of reconciliation that we have been given (2Cor 5:19).

I personally believe that God allows many of these things to go on, to try our heart and the word of God that is in our heart. And when He does this, is our response to judge them or to build them up in grace and truth? You can discern what is going on and at the same time minister the provisions of God's grace and truth without judging anyone. Sometimes that provision and wisdom of grace, as you walk in the Spirit, is the strength of being quiet and confident and to keep yourself in the love of God (Is 30:15, Jude 1:20,21).

Status
Not open for further replies.