Home Sick

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 21, 2020
United Kingdom
The soles of my soul are calloused and blistered,
This pilgrimage is rougher and longer than pictured.
One stride feels like three, three years pass like one,
My golden homestead calls beyond the burning sun.
I march on despondent, crushed flowers in my wake.
Let the thorns have their fill, it's only flesh they take.
Tunnel-vision obscures the grey grown in strife,
O my home, my home… When will you arrive?

Ode to New Jerusalem

~Poet of Ephraim

May 8, 2021
My heart goes out to all who wait.
Dear poet, a simple something from me to you:

When it comes
The morning of our mourning is shattered by our Rock -
Our Fortress - Deliverer - Oh, shepherd of the flock,
The curtains are swept and gathered like lambs,
Sweet bleets, blessed Light, and loving commands,
We cling to His voice with a new born grip,
No foothold for pain - no sin - no slip,
My friend, my friend - why art thou downcast?
Open thine eyes - see home, at last!

Aug 21, 2020
United Kingdom
Thank you to all who took the time to react and reply. It's strangely encouraging to see other Home Sick brothers and sisters.

@Bellaberry , a special thank you to you for your fantastic poem which lifted my spirit. May Yahweh bless you likewise today.

Aug 21, 2020
United Kingdom
In fact @Bellaberry with your permission, I would love to upload your poem to my site. I would of course credit it to "Bellaberry" or another name of your choice. However, if you would prefer I not do so, that's completely understandable, no offense taken. :)

May 8, 2021
In fact @Bellaberry with your permission, I would love to upload your poem to my site. I would of course credit it to "Bellaberry" or another name of your choice. However, if you would prefer I not do so, that's completely understandable, no offense taken. :)
By all means do so, it is my pleasure to add to your works. You can credit it to "Bell" or take it as yours :)

Aug 21, 2020
United Kingdom
By all means do so, it is my pleasure to add to your works. You can credit it to "Bell" or take it as yours :)
That's great!

But no, how could I take the credit? I'm crediting you for this beautiful work. I believe Yahweh spoke through you to me in this poem and so I want to treasure it and share it with all that visit my page.

Thank you so much again. I'll let you know when it's done.

Much love,
PoE

May 8, 2021
That's great!

But no, how could I take the credit? I'm crediting you for this beautiful work. I believe Yahweh spoke through you to me in this poem and so I want to treasure it and share it with all that visit my page.

Thank you so much again. I'll let you know when it's done.

Much love,
PoE
You're most welcome, I appreciate your perception. Glory to God in the highest.

Love and blessings,
Bell