Homemade Salsa Con Queso

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Trace85

Hello my brothers and sisters in Christ. I recently made this for a group of friends, and they enjoyed it. You can adjust the recipe if you do not like a certain ingredient, and you do not like spicy food. What I do is I tend to make my homemade salsa first, and let it sit in the refrigerator over night before I make the queso part. Here is what you will need. Also, the recipe that I am using is for a serving for at least 6 people. Adjust as needed

Spicy Salsa

9 roma tomatoes (chop finely)
1 garlic glove
1 white onion
4 fresh jalapenos (chop up finely)
cilantro

Put all ingredients in the blender. Once done pour the salsa into a bowl. Cover the bowl, and put in the refrigerator.
Next day begin making the Queso.

Spicy Queso

1/2 of Velveeta Block
Hot Rotel

Put the Velveeta block and Hot Rotel in a bowl together and put in the microwave until the cheese is melted. Stir the rotel into the cheese. Once that is done, get the Salsa out of the refrigerator, and pour the salsa into the Queso. Stir until it is mixed well! Get some chips, and Enjoy!

If you enjoyed this recipe let me know, and I can post some more of my recipes! Have a blessed day!

peacenik

May 11, 2016
Excellent.

May I suggest a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, along with avocado on the side? With these additions, I am certain your splendid dish will be greatly enhanced. :)

SAS

Jan 18, 2014
Trace85,

Tre Yum

Keep the recipes coming!!!

Feb 28, 2016
sounds like a great recipe, everything else sound delicious, but the jals!

hub and an can only go about, say if we were making a 'fish or oyster sauce, then
horseradish would be plentiful, but we just can't, loving digest those jals or the others,
they just tear us apart, 'we tried'...:):)

JKSilvers

Sep 25, 2017
Tried the recipe for the first time with the suggestion from @peacenik and it came out to be very delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

Maka

Jun 26, 2017
Thanks! Spicy salsa sounds good and easy to make. I'm going to try it. I have a bunch of tomatoes in my garden I need to use before they go bad.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I like salsa.. the milder, the better.. :)