Homosexual Brother In Law

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
dont go, that is your conviction
Your wife, needs to make up her own mind.
Plan something else to do that day with your son. Something way better than a gay wedding. God will honor that plan. You wife then could decide to go with you to that.

sometimes we need to do things or stand for things that others wont agree with and will hate us for.

If you dont know who the guy you brother in law is marrying, but if you truly object to it, then you would go and stop the wedding when they ask 'is there anyone opposing this marriage' except...I dont think they do that anymore at weddings.

Otherwise, well thing is you are going to be legally stuck with another member of the family...I am not sure WHICH family they will join.,his or his? So its not just gonna be the day of the wedding. How you gonna work through that one I dont know.

Concentrate on your own marriage first.

Unearthed

May 18, 2021
You should go over there and do an exorcism.
Please video it for us.

T

tstumf

Please video it for us.
Lol 😂. How about no…. Ive already got enough trouble trying to get right with this this situation. Dude ya have jokes I’ll give ya that. Thanks for the laugh

T

tstumf

Homosexuals have a very special calling, to be celibate, and chaste

And how is this relevant to my situation? I don’t care about how often they do it or how illicit it is or how rare it is they actually marry. In the USA at least it’s becoming more common for them to marry and be open about their “pride” in the last few years and a bunch of corporations have jumped on board supporting the act with a barrage of advertising themes and commercials . it’s literally being force fed down Americans throats, this month especially But I digress . Fact is World acceptance of it doesn’t make it ok with God. I’m here to talk about what God would want me to do and what fellow Christ followers would do in my situation not what the world thinks.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Make no mistake, i am not gay, i am a true Christian in search of where in nt
scriptire that Jesus said being homosexuality is a sin. In fact. Jesus woul love that person even more.
Wrong on both counts. God does not have different levels of love. He either loves you or he doesn't and what I know about him even if you are the most unlovable person on earth he still loves you.

There are plenty of verses that talk about human relationships in the bible and from day one God set the rules. You will leave your mother and father and cleave to your WIFE. No other permutations were canvassed or allowed for. In Matthew, Jesus reiterated those verses from Genesis so they were in agreement on that one.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
I will tell you this I am a minister and was asked by my mother to do the wedding service for my cousin here godchild who I gay and entering a partnership they call marriage. 1. it is not marriage 2. There is no way I would do it 3. I did not even go.

it was very upsetting to my mom and other family members yet I told them when he after the happiest time in his life as everyone was saying to me. he fell back into drugs and tried to commit suicide.

I told my mother and family YOU all will answer to the living God for supporting the self-destruction of this person. it is a sexual preference that produces NO Peace. and because you women who felt sorry because of his past abuses made excuses to support this because you had guilt. God said it is sin and it will not be blessed. and I will not go to one even if my own Child who was tight the word of God this is sin and chose to. I told my son who is shacking up that God will not bless him until 1. he leaves 2. get marriage 3. ask God to forgive him and return to God.

We don't take perversion and call it love and try to make God accept it. God is HOLY.
I have marked a few grammatical and spelling errors for you.

Feb 24, 2019
"Then He said to another man, “Follow Me.” The man replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” But Jesus told him, “Let the dead bury their own dead. You, however, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. And they were oblivious, until the flood came and swept them all away. So will it be at the coming of the Son of Man."

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God."

Stop trying to fit into the world.
And instead try showing kindness to those around you who really need it. The Lazarus's at my gate mostly are people who suffer from loneliness.

btw, Jesus said "learn from me for I am gentle and humble". You can be kind, gentle, humble and firm at the same time.

T

tstumf

"Then He said to another man, “Follow Me.” The man replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” But Jesus told him, “Let the dead bury their own dead. You, however, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. And they were oblivious, until the flood came and swept them all away. So will it be at the coming of the Son of Man."

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God."

Stop trying to fit into the world.
And instead try showing kindness to those around you who really need it. The Lazarus's at my gate mostly are people who suffer from loneliness.

btw, Jesus said "learn from me for I am gentle and humble". You can be kind, gentle, humble and firm at the same time.

Thankyou for the scriptures Paul. I will be sure to study over these and listen to what the Holy Spirit reveals to me.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
tstumf...its not what I say or anyone else. Pray about it for its what your Father would say. My wifes brother is not gay nor getting married to the same sex. A story I heard comes to mind. Family lived next door to an abortion clinic and the two that ran it were gay and lived together. So he would send his kids over and give them cookies and invite them over to dinner. Well one time when he invited them to dinner they both that night got saved and stopped living together. He loved them.. they knew they loved the lord yet.. to not judge not condemn.. GOD saved them. We tend to forget we can't change anyone.. we can't save anyone. We can pray seek bring CHRIST that light in us into where ever we go

For me its unwise to really say more. I don't know you or them.. that matters. See YOU pray about this.. seek Him.. its what HE says not anyone else. Well they (man) don't speak for Him ;) He will ALWAYS give you a peace. I will say if I didn't go places where He was not there.. I would never leave my house. We are the light of this world.. Why did Jesus come? It was for the sick those in chains. A gay person that does not now Christ.. being GAY or not they are still lost :) My son is saved loves Jesus yet lives with his girlfriend. When this first happened the enemy came right in "you failed him, you failed God". Well Satan can not tell the truth only lie.. They know I am against it. I told him the other night again.. I am not his god. He does not answer to me. I am the light of this world.. I will shine Jesus. I was not put here to judge others nor condemn them. Thats His job. If He tells me to say something/do something I will. I love them talk to them.. go over have dinner.. never ever make them feel guilty. Its that love that will change them. I will NOT Get in his way.

So.. what are the odds the song playing right now is "See a Victory" I AM going to see a victory" Jonathan Traylor".

Oct 23, 2020
As someone who grew up in a progressive household, I would say your primary duty is to your son.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
Please video it for us.
Really?

That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

1) You don't know what you're going up against

2) Who says that this gay couple wants salvation?

3) All you will achieve is chaos and it certainly won't bring any glory to God.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
Life is all about choices.

This brother in law has chosen to get married.

You have been invited and you have the choice to say yes, or no.

If you don't want to go, don't. It's that simple. You don't have to support something you don't believe in. Just decline and leave it at that.

But if you do find yourself there, remember this marriage will be sanctified by man and not God. In his eyes the marriage certificate will be null and void.

Remember, Christ sent us out as a lamb among wolves. So wear the armour of God and keep yourself protected while being Christ like and giving these people an example to allow aspire to, not despise.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I have never heard anything so ( well maybe have) ill-informed as to those who are in a sexual perversion.

Oct 23, 2020
Or simply Catholic Priests.....

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I regret your post has been so badly misunderstood and vilified. You are absolutely correct, those with attractions to their same sex should indeed be celibate and chaste.

There is just so much bias in the "Christian" community. (Maybe I can share a little of the venom).

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
saw this just now and it spoke to me, perhaps you as well in this situation.
bless you-

T

tstumf

I know there is division in the Christian community and division amongst the different churches about homosexuality. I’m not here to debate if it is a sin or not. From what I’ve read and studied lately the Holy Spirit has indeed revealed to me it is Sin. It is forgivable as is all sin if laid at the cross if he were in Christ.
This brother in law is from a Christian family. His dad is of Catholic faith and his mother is Methodist but as long as I’ve ever known them they only set foot in a church or actively worship during funerals, marriages and one dedication of a Catholic priest in the family .I’m pretty sure the brother in law has renounced his Christian faith and is either practicing Buddhism or whatever religion studies the Koran these days. Just To give you a bit more of the story.
( we really try to avoid political and Religious topics around each other and it has worked till now. I think he knows we stand on opposite sides of this but we’re by no means hateful of one another.