Homosexuality = Wrong CHOICE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
I was reading a post that some guy from Ireland wrote about being gay, and what it means to him, and claiming to be a child of God. My first expression was one of disgust, and then my second was one of sorrow for that person's heart. I am in no way a judge by any means, shape or form, and being saved by Christ, I am not even called to be a judge, but preach the Gospel and share the Word. Whether a person accepts Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior is completely on them and up to them, and I can't say one way or the other that a person is saved or not saved. But what troubles me in this regard is people who claim to love the Lord, and claim to be saved, but yet condone this lifestyle and say that God made them that way......no, that is a lie straight out of the deepest pit of Hell.

Anyone who makes this claim doesn't really truly understand that God is perfect....God does not condone sin...He cannot even LOOK upon sin. When even his own son Jesus died on the cross for our sins, he even turned his back on his own son because he could not look upon the sin of the world. That's how perfect and just our God is.

We also know that God does not create sin....Adam and Eve and all the creations of the world were created without sin and spotless and blameless. Adam and Eve's rebellion by way of the serpent, caused sin to fall upon the Earth and upon all mankind. God had absolutely no hand in sin falling upon man.

By saying that, I say this. We know God does not condone sin nor does he create sin. If someone says, "Well I was born this way, God created me this way." That right there destroys what witness you may have. To say that God created a person homosexually in essence is to say that God is not perfect, God is not just, that God changes, that he condones sin. We know this is a false teaching and a false understanding of the Word. For if God were to create a person this way, there would have been no need for Christ to come and redeem us of our sins, and the verses of Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 would have been vain and void.

God created man and woman, not man with man nor woman with woman. Genesis is very distinct and clear on this.

I'm not saying that a person who comes to know Jesus and is in that kind of lifestyle isn't saved....but I know Jesus cleanses us of all unrighteousness and changes a person's life through and through, inside and out, Behold old things are gone away, behold all things are become new. A person who knows and loves and follows Jesus and the Word should want to give up that kind of lifestyle, because it is unholy, it is unrighteous and it is outlined in God's word that it's wrong and an abomination.

Verdict: Homosexuality is a choice....the wrong choice.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

I'm not sure of the conclusions you have reached brother. God formed us in the womb. We can all agree on that. Although I believe we are all CREATIONS by God, I don't believe we are all CHILDREN of God.

If we were not created in the womb in a fallen state, that we inherited from Adam, and were instead created like Adam BEFORE the fall, then indeed we would have the ability to save ourselves by living a perfect life, having NOT the sin nature, and would have NO need to be born again as a NEW Creation.

I am by NO means excusing the sin of homosexuality or any other sin. Being born with it does NOT excuse it. It should ONLY show us that we need a Savior even more!

Merely pointing out that the sinful desires of the flesh, we ARE born with. Praise God that He sent His Son to save us from our predicament!

M

MissCris

Because we live in a fallen world, we are all essentially predisposed to sin- we are sinful in our very flesh, yes, but I mean we each are More susceptible to certain types of sin. For instance, I’m no thief, nor am I an alcoholic, or a murderer- but I have my own laundry list of sinful behaviors that I lean towards.

I believe this is Why so many people think they were born gay- because of our individual predispositions towards particular temptations. But it is absolutely a Choice- or a series of choices- that lead us down those paths.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
People are NOT born gay. That's ridiculous. They may get exposure to that behavior later on in life, but they're NOT born as a gay person...

K

kaylagrl

People are NOT born gay. That's ridiculous. They may get exposure to that behavior later on in life, but they're NOT born as a gay person...

​Sigh,this again? How long are we going to go round this circle?!

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017

I'm not sure of the conclusions you have reached brother. God formed us in the womb. We can all agree on that. Although I believe we are all CREATIONS by God, I don't believe we are all CHILDREN of God.

If we were not created in the womb in a fallen state, that we inherited from Adam, and were instead created like Adam BEFORE the fall, then indeed we would have the ability to save ourselves by living a perfect life, having NOT the sin nature, and would have NO need to be born again as a NEW Creation.

I am by NO means excusing the sin of homosexuality or any other sin. Being born with it does NOT excuse it. It should ONLY show us that we need a Savior even more!

Merely pointing out that the sinful desires of the flesh, we ARE born with. Praise God that He sent His Son to save us from our predicament!
In essence my thought was just this, God creates us in the womb, we are born into a sinful nature, but God does not create us to be homosexual. That's why I believe that it's a choice, not something God placed inside of you from the very moment you're created in the womb.

When I hear someone who claims they love the Lord, yet still lives in that lifestyle and floats it about and says I can't help it because the Lord made them that way, they're trying to JUSTIFY that lifestyle of sin, rather than give it up as our Lord would want us to do from all sin.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Exactly.. If God created them gay, or a murderer, or an adulterer or whatever, then those things wouldn't be a sin.. We could just blame God and say, "He made me that way"..

In essence my thought was just this, God creates us in the womb, we are born into a sinful nature, but God does not create us to be homosexual. That's why I believe that it's a choice, not something God placed inside of you from the very moment you're created in the womb.

When I hear someone who claims they love the Lord, yet still lives in that lifestyle and floats it about and says I can't help it because the Lord made them that way, they're trying to JUSTIFY that lifestyle of sin, rather than give it up as our Lord would want us to do from all sin.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Agree with you here brother. I want to be adamant that because I say that we are born with a sin nature, that is NOT an excuse to sin. The choice to act on that sin nature is on us. BUT, Scripture says the natural man CANNOT stop sinning, he MUST be born again. That's why it's so paramount to deliver the Gospel to the unsaved.

This fellow today needed to hear the pure, unadulterated Gospel. He needs to be prayed for, and hopefully he will accept it. I am with you that if he is not convicted in any way by his homosexual sin it is unlikely he has the Holy Spirit.

May 28, 2017
I think this discussion just needs to be dropped for the most part. Things change in the modern world and Christianity has always adjusted. At this point its just a matter of "Do you like oatmeal or chocolate chip?" Are you born liking chocolate chip or did you learn it?.... Neither? It's just how it is. God wants us to learn and evaluate what is right and wrong and to be knowledgable of the world and it's people. I think we need to stop thinking so hard about where other people like to put their body parts and think why it ever mattered in the first place. Back then homosexuals might have been seen as overly promiscuous or doing the act somehow hurt the population as a whole because sin is just animal instincts that value ourselves over people. But now a days we need to evaluate and think if this applies to us anymore. Im, in no way, officially stating my stance on this topic, nor will I side with either one, But like many other rules in the bible we need to sit down together and wonder if this topic applies today as it did back then.

But I dont think it's a choice. Could you choose to be gay if you tried? If you sat down and focused could you make yourself attracted to the same sex? Is EVERY SINGLE gay person in the world just faking it and forcing it on themselves even when they hang around their husbands and wives and are free from judgment for.. Just because? Gay people are people just like you. Everything about them is the same except they like a different cookie than you. Can you force yourself to eat oatmeal cookies and like it? And if so why would you?
We have enough people and enough thinkers now that we can open our minds and discuss.

Last edited:

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
When Adam and Eve severed, which means severe damage, the anointing that God had on them, They awakened what we call the six senses, and that caused them to wonder own their own, and do what they felt like doing., And it felt good to them. That is what we inherited.

AdolfHipster

Jan 15, 2018
I've ministered to many gay people in my short time on earth, and I have not met one who claimed they could simply choose to find someone of the opposite sex attractive or simply choose to unlike someone of the same sex.

This is where the OP loses me. "God doesn't create sin..." God doesn't force His children to sin, but God does define sin behavior. Or in other words, God is the author of sin. We can define sin as doing anything contrary to the word of God. Abraham not being willing to kill his son at God's command would have been a sin in spite of murder in all other instances being a sin (of course God was just testing Abraham and told him not to do it after all). When I am married, I am not going to suddenly stop finding other females attractive. It doesn't work that way. My attraction to other women when/if I'm married ISN'T A SIN, it's acting on it that is the sin.

The OP blames the fall/sin nature and not God for why people "choose" to be gay. Or maybe God allows us to have weaknesses for reasons unknown. Maybe it's to remind us that we need a Saviour... that we need Him. The fundamental disagree is that I don't think someone being born with an attraction to the same sex is a sin whatsoever. That isn't to say ACTING on that desire is acceptable to God, because it absolutely isn't. But we can't ignore logic and reason and say "Gay people cannot be born with a predisposition to finding someone of the same sex attractive."

To say something is a choice is to say there are multiple options right? Either someone "chooses" to find someone of the same sex attractive (homosexual), or they "choose" to find someone of the opposite sex attractive (heterosexual). I didn't choose to be heterosexual... I just am. Fortunately, I have authority from God's word to act on my desires but with certain restrictions. If and when I'm married, I cannot ACT my heterosexual desires for example. It's not because of "sin nature" that I find other women attractive... it's because I was born with a predisposition to finding women attractive (thankfully).

Last edited:

Djbdjb123

May 1, 2018
I really like what you said why would anyone chose to live an unaccepted lifestyle on purpose there's alot of hate and bullying torwards gays. I feel every one needs good in there life thank you

J

JB2018

Homosexuality is one of the fruits of perversion. A person who is engaging in homosexual acts are under the influence of a demon. That homosexual spirit is in them and it needs to be cast out.

Mar 9, 2018
It's not a choice to be gay. It's not a choice to be straight. It's not a choice to be Bi. It's not a choice to be anything on the LGBTQ+ spectrum. You don't have to "approve" but why can't they live their lives? They're not affecting you at all.

Jul 23, 2017
It's not a choice to be gay. It's not a choice to be straight. It's not a choice to be Bi. It's not a choice to be anything on the LGBTQ+ spectrum. You don't have to "approve" but why can't they live their lives? They're not affecting you at all.
It's not a matter of what WE think, it's in the Bible. I take it you're not religious, yet you come among the religious for comfort?There's no scientific proof of "born gay." People don't choose to be rapists, it doesn't mean that rape is natural and we should accept it. I actually once met a woman who did indeed choose to be lesbian. She was horribly traumatized by being raped several times that she admittedly became so afraid of men she chose to turn lesbian. I spoke with her about letting go of the fear of men, and last I heard from her years ago was that she was starting to date men again. I would strongly suggest you don't frame your opinions based on popular public opinion egged on by partisan media. The media NEVER tell the whole story on any subject.

Jul 23, 2017
Homosexuality is one of the fruits of perversion. A person who is engaging in homosexual acts are under the influence of a demon. That homosexual spirit is in them and it needs to be cast out.
I think there are many times when traumas and disordered childhood experiences of one kind or another do it. I've found a lot of gay men speak of their first sexual experience being molested/raped by an older man. I don't think that's an accident.

Jul 23, 2017
I really like what you said why would anyone chose to live an unaccepted lifestyle on purpose there's alot of hate and bullying torwards gays. I feel every one needs good in there life thank you
There shouldn't be hate or bullying towards gays, and frankly, now the hate and bullying is mostly FROM gays and their allies.