Homosexuality = Wrong CHOICE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
It's not a choice to be gay. It's not a choice to be straight. It's not a choice to be Bi. It's not a choice to be anything on the LGBTQ+ spectrum. You don't have to "approve" but why can't they live their lives? They're not affecting you at all.
Of course its a choice like every sin. U can resist the devil and he shall flee. Or u give in and he gets u. That simple
Same with murder, lying, rape...
U choose to do it or not to do it
Give in or not to give in.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I really like what you said why would anyone chose to live an unaccepted lifestyle on purpose there's alot of hate and bullying torwards gays. I feel every one needs good in there life thank you

Unaccepted lifestyle? Where have you been the past 20 yrs?

It is not only accepted, but CELEBRATED, and even PROMOTED in EVERY aspect of our culture today, except by born again believers.

Once again, we encounter this false narrative that sin acceptance = love and unacceptance = hate.

We MUST absolutely love everyone. We must NOT condone anyone's sin. I am in no way saying we should confront non-believers for their sin. I'm saying we should tell them that ALL sin, and are in need of a Savior. Then give them the Gospel in Love.

J

JB2018

It's not a choice to be gay. It's not a choice to be straight. It's not a choice to be Bi. It's not a choice to be anything on the LGBTQ+ spectrum. You don't have to "approve" but why can't they live their lives? They're not affecting you at all.

We shouldn't approve anything that God says is an abomination or sin. We should hate what God hates and love what he loves......

J

JB2018

I think there are many times when traumas and disordered childhood experiences of one kind or another do it. I've found a lot of gay men speak of their first sexual experience being molested/raped by an older man. I don't think that's an accident.
People love to think that only God has a plan for them. Truth is the enemy has a well though out plan to destroy people. So, yes you're right about the childhood traumas but how do you think that happened? By a spirit of perversion. Perversion is rape, molestation, incent, fornication, and that's all I think of right now. Therefore, if a child (a little girl or boy) was touched, raped, or even molested then that spirit of perversion planted a seed. One of the fruits of that will most likely be homosexuality or something else. How did that spirit get there in the first place? Well someone before that child had to open the door and when that door is never shut that spirit will pass through the bloodline which is called a generational curse.

If you can, you should research spiritual portals, and demons. One thing I've learned in studying this topic is that demons are legalist. They sometimes have a right to do whatever they want to do because the person gave them access. Anyone who is not careful can open a door without realizing it.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
GOD ALMIGHTY our LOVELY FATHER is HOLY and there is no darkness in HIM. You have said well my precious brother. Not all who calls on the Name of the LORD are Children of GOD.

I was reading a post that some guy from Ireland wrote about being gay, and what it means to him, and claiming to be a child of God. My first expression was one of disgust, and then my second was one of sorrow for that person's heart. I am in no way a judge by any means, shape or form, and being saved by Christ, I am not even called to be a judge, but preach the Gospel and share the Word. Whether a person accepts Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior is completely on them and up to them, and I can't say one way or the other that a person is saved or not saved. But what troubles me in this regard is people who claim to love the Lord, and claim to be saved, but yet condone this lifestyle and say that God made them that way......no, that is a lie straight out of the deepest pit of Hell.

Anyone who makes this claim doesn't really truly understand that God is perfect....God does not condone sin...He cannot even LOOK upon sin. When even his own son Jesus died on the cross for our sins, he even turned his back on his own son because he could not look upon the sin of the world. That's how perfect and just our God is.

We also know that God does not create sin....Adam and Eve and all the creations of the world were created without sin and spotless and blameless. Adam and Eve's rebellion by way of the serpent, caused sin to fall upon the Earth and upon all mankind. God had absolutely no hand in sin falling upon man.

By saying that, I say this. We know God does not condone sin nor does he create sin. If someone says, "Well I was born this way, God created me this way." That right there destroys what witness you may have. To say that God created a person homosexually in essence is to say that God is not perfect, God is not just, that God changes, that he condones sin. We know this is a false teaching and a false understanding of the Word. For if God were to create a person this way, there would have been no need for Christ to come and redeem us of our sins, and the verses of Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 would have been vain and void.

God created man and woman, not man with man nor woman with woman. Genesis is very distinct and clear on this.

I'm not saying that a person who comes to know Jesus and is in that kind of lifestyle isn't saved....but I know Jesus cleanses us of all unrighteousness and changes a person's life through and through, inside and out, Behold old things are gone away, behold all things are become new. A person who knows and loves and follows Jesus and the Word should want to give up that kind of lifestyle, because it is unholy, it is unrighteous and it is outlined in God's word that it's wrong and an abomination.

Verdict: Homosexuality is a choice....the wrong choice.

Jul 23, 2017
Once again, we encounter this false narrative that sin acceptance = love and unacceptance = hate.
Modern culture is one that encourages very juvenile thinking patterns, including here. Where else but with a teenager would you see someone would have a tantrum and claim that not giving them what they want meant you don't love them or that you hate them?Unfortunately, these people with such teenaged mindsets are adult who have the power to LEGISLATE accordingly.

Mar 9, 2018
It's not a matter of what WE think, it's in the Bible. I take it you're not religious, yet you come among the religious for comfort?There's no scientific proof of "born gay." People don't choose to be rapists, it doesn't mean that rape is natural and we should accept it. I actually once met a woman who did indeed choose to be lesbian. She was horribly traumatized by being raped several times that she admittedly became so afraid of men she chose to turn lesbian. I spoke with her about letting go of the fear of men, and last I heard from her years ago was that she was starting to date men again. I would strongly suggest you don't frame your opinions based on popular public opinion egged on by partisan media. The media NEVER tell the whole story on any subject.
Ill be honest, I didn't like that judgement you made. You can read more in my "about me" or pm me and I'd be glad to talk about how I'm religious. I've been dealing with growing up in TWO religions for my whole life. And even if I wasn't, so what?

I know many people from school who identify themselves within the LGBTQ+ spectrum. None of them, thank GOD, have been victims of any kind of sexual abuse. They just love who they love. I'm attracted to males. My friend Katie is attracted to females. And my friend Alexander is attracted to both.
I don't base my opinion on "what's trendy". I base it on the people I care about. The ones I personally know.

If it became "trendy" to accept murderers and rapists, and I found out someone I know has done that- I don't care that the media is telling me "it's okay to murder and rape". Theses disgusting monsters just ruined and destroyed human lives! why do we even compare them to people who are LGBTQ+?!!!!

A murderer literally kills someone and ends their physical life.
A rapist physically hurts but leaves emotional trauma that will last forever and can mentally feel like torture or death.

A gay man marries a man in a committed loving relationship that can last a lifetime

soberxp

May 3, 2018
A gay man marries a man in a committed loving relationship that can last a lifetime
over here ,we call that "two man are the true love" , over here, She broke up with him or he broke up with her as normal .......maybe we don't put more trust in love any more in china,

Mar 9, 2018
over here ,we call that "two man are the true love" , over here, She broke up with him or he broke up with her as normal .......maybe we don't put more trust in love any more in china,
I'm not sure what you are saying?

May 28, 2017
Bro, its just as much a sin to fantasize about having sex with a woman you arnt married to than it is to fantasize about a man.
It wasnt legal for them to get married back then, but it is now. So what people like chocolate chip cookies and you like sugar. Its just how your brain works. What makes liking weiners different than liking cookies? I grew up in an community where no shame is cast on people for being who they are. No social pressures or anything led to anyone having a preference, and some people I know are bisexual and some arnt. They arnt sexual deviants and they still go to church and love god just as much as anyone. We are all children of God, respect your fellow man.

Mar 9, 2018
Bro, its just as much a sin to fantasize about having sex with a woman you arnt married to than it is to fantasize about a man.
It wasnt legal for them to get married back then, but it is now. So what people like chocolate chip cookies and you like sugar. Its just how your brain works. What makes liking weiners different than liking cookies? I grew up in an community where no shame is cast on people for being who they are. No social pressures or anything led to anyone having a preference, and some people I know are bisexual and some arnt. They arnt sexual deviants and they still go to church and love god just as much as anyone. We are all children of God, respect your fellow man.
I applaud you! Very well said :)

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Fact is God is a righteous God and does not tolorate it.

Apr 15, 2017
Homosexuality is a wrong choice,and blech, yuck, and ew.

A man and a woman when married they become one flesh, so the bed is undefiled, and it is love, and is compatible with the natural realm of how God created things.

Homosexuality not only goes against the spiritual realm of God's holiness, but it goes against the natural realm, and it is not based on love, at least not in God's eyes for whatever is not of love is sin, and concerning men that part of the body is not meant for that purpose which is obvious.

The ears hear that is their purpose, and the eyes see that is their purpose, and that part of the body has a purpose and not meant for how they use it.

A man that is gay puts himself in the position of a woman, and a woman that is gay puts herself in the position of a man, which is something God does not tolerate, and goes against His creation.

The same as the Bible says that it is a shame for a man to have long hair for then he puts his self in the position of a woman, and a woman ought to have her head covered, hair, and if not she puts herself in the position of a man.

The same as the Bible says that the wicked are wandering stars which God put the stars in their certain position, and they do not roam, and the wicked roam about and not put in the position where God wants them to be.

And such is with the people who are homosexual, they are not in the position where God wants them to be, for God created everything for a purpose, and in their position, and the homosexuals are out of position by putting themselves in the position of the opposite sex.

So where do homosexuals fit in if they go against the spiritual realm, and they go against the natural realm.

When the nations come together to try to establish peace on earth it will be international law that a man and a woman cannot marry, or come together for population reduction.

So they will push homosexuality big time at this time, and cause people to think they may be homosexual, so they can get more people to accept it, which when the nations come together they do not care if they are homosexual as long as a man and a woman do not come together, but promoting homosexuality if they take the bait will insure more that a man and a woman will not come together.

It would appear that when the nations first come together that there may be a lot of law breakers of men and women coming together, but what is their solution for that, maybe death, and that way they scare them in to complying, like they will scare the world not to teach other people their religious believes that is not compatible with the unified religious system based on evolution, for it will be a hate crime and punishable in the international criminal court system.

And a hate crime at that time may be punishable by death, and they might make a man and a woman that come together a hate crime at that time for they are contrary to the way they operate that they want peace on earth, and to reduce the population.

In other words anybody that does not care, and blantantly breaks their laws, are contrary to what they are trying to establish on earth, and they are not playing around.

Gangs, mafia, they are hit, and anybody that dares to disturb the peace, and go contrary to what they have in operation.

Which they can take away many people that way to reduce the population, and be justified.

I do not know if they will go that far with a man and a woman coming together, but they will probably go that far with people that teach religious beliefs not compatible with the operation they have going on, but then because they want peace they might not push it that far but there will still be punishment for their wrong doing.

Like the beast will scare the people that do not love God if they do not take the mark of the beast they cannot buy or sell anything, which they will not be able to buy for their needs.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
NOT everybody is a child of God. ALL are CREATIONS of God, but only those born again are children of God.

I do not believe same sex attraction in and of itself is sinful. Our fallen flesh has all sorts of sinful desires and lusts. ACTING on these sinful desires, or PROMOTING these behaviors as "lifestyle choices" IS SIN!

DaveTheRave

May 28, 2014
Hey guys, hopefully I can reconcile the two viewpoints I see here in the thread with what I have come to understand as the best way to describe the issue

My View: People are neither born gay nor is it a choice.

Right off the bat I think most of the confusion comes from the difference between having gay FEELINGS (which is in most cases clearly not a choice but also not born) and ACTING on those feelings (which the Bible says is a sin)
I think that distinction is important to recognise

The most accurate description I can make is that it is like a mental illness such as depression. You would not disregard and be rude to someone who is suicidal for the problem they have but you would also not encourage their behavior.

I'm very happy to discuss this further with anyone who wants.

God Bless,
Dave :)

Jan 3, 2018
I think this discussion just needs to be dropped for the most part. Things change in the modern world and Christianity has always adjusted. At this point its just a matter of "Do you like oatmeal or chocolate chip?" Are you born liking chocolate chip or did you learn it?.... Neither? It's just how it is. God wants us to learn and evaluate what is right and wrong and to be knowledgable of the world and it's people. I think we need to stop thinking so hard about where other people like to put their body parts and think why it ever mattered in the first place. Back then homosexuals might have been seen as overly promiscuous or doing the act somehow hurt the population as a whole because sin is just animal instincts that value ourselves over people. But now a days we need to evaluate and think if this applies to us anymore. Im, in no way, officially stating my stance on this topic, nor will I side with either one, But like many other rules in the bible we need to sit down together and wonder if this topic applies today as it did back then.

But I dont think it's a choice. Could you choose to be gay if you tried? If you sat down and focused could you make yourself attracted to the same sex? Is EVERY SINGLE gay person in the world just faking it and forcing it on themselves even when they hang around their husbands and wives and are free from judgment for.. Just because? Gay people are people just like you. Everything about them is the same except they like a different cookie than you. Can you force yourself to eat oatmeal cookies and like it? And if so why would you?
We have enough people and enough thinkers now that we can open our minds and discuss.
I used to like sugar and desert, now I can't even eat fruit, or even something with barbecue sauce on it due to my disgust with sweetness. So the food analogy is not really that accurate.

The thing is, God is an Almighty God. WE can't change ourselves. God can. I used to be addicted to pornography. God set me free and was able, by his power, to quit in one day, cold turkey, and it has been a year and a half since then. Don't put God in a box.

"I think this discussion just needs to be dropped for the most part. Things change in the modern world and Christianity has always adjusted."

Truth does not change. Jesus is truth. He is also the Word become flesh. True Christianity (Followers of Christ, not worldy religion) cannot adjust itself like this. That is not how it works. That would mean God himself changed.... but "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. " Hebrews 13:8

Jan 3, 2018
Because we care enough for them that we do not want them to perish. True love calls out errors as to keep one from disaster.

Jan 3, 2018
It's not a matter of what WE think, it's in the Bible. I take it you're not religious, yet you come among the religious for comfort?There's no scientific proof of "born gay." People don't choose to be rapists, it doesn't mean that rape is natural and we should accept it. I actually once met a woman who did indeed choose to be lesbian. She was horribly traumatized by being raped several times that she admittedly became so afraid of men she chose to turn lesbian. I spoke with her about letting go of the fear of men, and last I heard from her years ago was that she was starting to date men again. I would strongly suggest you don't frame your opinions based on popular public opinion egged on by partisan media. The media NEVER tell the whole story on any subject.

Totally off topic, but I like the similarity between our usernames.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
I was reading a post that some guy from Ireland wrote about being gay, and what it means to him, and claiming to be a child of God. My first expression was one of disgust, and then my second was one of sorrow for that person's heart. I am in no way a judge by any means, shape or form, and being saved by Christ, I am not even called to be a judge, but preach the Gospel and share the Word. Whether a person accepts Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior is completely on them and up to them, and I can't say one way or the other that a person is saved or not saved. But what troubles me in this regard is people who claim to love the Lord, and claim to be saved, but yet condone this lifestyle and say that God made them that way......no, that is a lie straight out of the deepest pit of Hell.

Anyone who makes this claim doesn't really truly understand that God is perfect....God does not condone sin...He cannot even LOOK upon sin. When even his own son Jesus died on the cross for our sins, he even turned his back on his own son because he could not look upon the sin of the world. That's how perfect and just our God is.

We also know that God does not create sin....Adam and Eve and all the creations of the world were created without sin and spotless and blameless. Adam and Eve's rebellion by way of the serpent, caused sin to fall upon the Earth and upon all mankind. God had absolutely no hand in sin falling upon man.

By saying that, I say this. We know God does not condone sin nor does he create sin. If someone says, "Well I was born this way, God created me this way." That right there destroys what witness you may have. To say that God created a person homosexually in essence is to say that God is not perfect, God is not just, that God changes, that he condones sin. We know this is a false teaching and a false understanding of the Word. For if God were to create a person this way, there would have been no need for Christ to come and redeem us of our sins, and the verses of Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 would have been vain and void.

God created man and woman, not man with man nor woman with woman. Genesis is very distinct and clear on this.

I'm not saying that a person who comes to know Jesus and is in that kind of lifestyle isn't saved....but I know Jesus cleanses us of all unrighteousness and changes a person's life through and through, inside and out, Behold old things are gone away, behold all things are become new. A person who knows and loves and follows Jesus and the Word should want to give up that kind of lifestyle, because it is unholy, it is unrighteous and it is outlined in God's word that it's wrong and an abomination.

Verdict: Homosexuality is a choice....the wrong choice.

My dear precious brother, you have said well. I will also love you to know that those who hate the Truth (GOD'S WORD) don't want to hear the Truth and whenever you tell them the Truth, they will say, you're judging them and you have made yourself a Judge. Don't worry about the names calling because they have been blinded by the devil not to know the Truth. The Truth which we speak is the Judge and it judges the evil spirit in them and that's why they are angry and calling us names.

What does JESUS CHRIST who is the JUDGE said! HE said "He who rejects ME and does not receive my sayings has a Judge; the Word that I have spoken will be his Judge on the last day (John 12:48)."

So the Word of GOD which we speak and preach is the Judge because GOD and HIS WORD are ONE.

Finally, homosexuality is evil and anyone who is a practicing such evil or support such evil will go to hell if they don’t repent from such evil life style from their hearts and make JESUS the LORD of their Lives. The JUDGE who is the WORD says, “Be sure of this, that no fornicator or impure man or a homosexual, or one who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the Kingdom of CHRIST and of GOD. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for it is because of these things that the wrath of GOD comes upon the sons of disobedience (Ephesians 5:5-6).” All those homosexual who called themselves Christians are deceiving themselves as the Word of GOD has said. They don’t know what the meaning of Christian is. If they know, they will never say they are Christians.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Evil must be exposed and homosexuality is evil; and we must expose it by talking against it and stand against it.