honest answer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 30, 2022
My writing skills are not good but here is the story. I was saved about 10 years ago but I started to sin again and I didn't notice how bad I was getting so about 8 months ago I tried to change and I joined a "Christian" program but it was a cult as I found out later,, My last day that I was there I had this vision of hell and later that day someone started saying you cant eat or drink or you will go to hell so I was going to leave the program because it was getting weird but I just felt weak and drank the water and the guy laughed and said did I just trick you ,,,, I'm not going to go into details of how I feel now or what has happened or how things have completely changed for me since that day because I don't want to sound mentally ill but I just want to know if 1st Corinthians 5:5 means I might have a chance at salvation "hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord"
I recently started to try and find people who know how I feel because its hard to explain and this guy describes it perfect

this is copy and pasted

Basically I was a Christian, or at least I thought I was. I kept on sinning and just like it says if you blaspheme the Holy spirit its unforgivable. I ignored his promptings for years and then out of nowhere something in me was different. Literally in an instant. I have been separated from Gods presence here on earth and I cant even describe what it's like, but let me tell you that He loves everyone very much. Its like I don't exist anymore. My spirit's GONE. dead. I'm literally just existing in the flesh with no Love in me. I know I'm going to hell, and its just like the bible says those who reject him will be aware of their coming judgement. I cant stress it enough how important it is to Accept Jesus. Having no soul is like complete apathy, but not really because I cant feel anything. I just process everything around me. No enjoyment, satisfaction, nothing good. Just like the bible says everything good comes from God and it is so hard to describe what having no love, faith, or hope in you at all is like. I just exist, but I don't. I'm just waiting, and I'm aware that I'm going to hell, but it doesn't bother me, because only through love can you truly care about anything. All that's in my heart is wickedness. You know how when you think about past memories or do things you like and you get this good feeling, I have nothing. The dead know nothing. Its indescribable. All I can say is I cant stress enough how much Jesus loves all of you, and that he accepts you just how you are right now. If you can Love at all even a tiny bit, that's all he needs. Trust me when I say anything in this life is nothing compared to what will be waiting for you in heaven. I have no intuition anymore, I have no identity, and I don't mean that to sound dramatic I mean literally. Its like things I used to enjoy and hate I remember that I did like the, but I cant feel it. Nothing, youd think I would freak out, but without a soul it doesn't matter. I cant freak out, because that would require some sort of goodness to actually care. I know it sounds just like depression and apathy, but its not. Its just NOTHING.

P

persistent

My writing skills are not good but here is the story. I was saved about 10 years ago but I started to sin again and I didn't notice how bad I was getting so about 8 months ago I tried to change and I joined a "Christian" program but it was a cult as I found out later,, My last day that I was there I had this vision of hell and later that day someone started saying you cant eat or drink or you will go to hell so I was going to leave the program because it was getting weird but I just felt weak and drank the water and the guy laughed and said did I just trick you ,,,, I'm not going to go into details of how I feel now or what has happened or how things have completely changed for me since that day because I don't want to sound mentally ill but I just want to know if 1st Corinthians 5:5 means I might have a chance at salvation "hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord"
I recently started to try and find people who know how I feel because its hard to explain and this guy describes it perfect

this is copy and pasted

Basically I was a Christian, or at least I thought I was. I kept on sinning and just like it says if you blaspheme the Holy spirit its unforgivable. I ignored his promptings for years and then out of nowhere something in me was different. Literally in an instant. I have been separated from Gods presence here on earth and I cant even describe what it's like, but let me tell you that He loves everyone very much. Its like I don't exist anymore. My spirit's GONE. dead. I'm literally just existing in the flesh with no Love in me. I know I'm going to hell, and its just like the bible says those who reject him will be aware of their coming judgement. I cant stress it enough how important it is to Accept Jesus. Having no soul is like complete apathy, but not really because I cant feel anything. I just process everything around me. No enjoyment, satisfaction, nothing good. Just like the bible says everything good comes from God and it is so hard to describe what having no love, faith, or hope in you at all is like. I just exist, but I don't. I'm just waiting, and I'm aware that I'm going to hell, but it doesn't bother me, because only through love can you truly care about anything. All that's in my heart is wickedness. You know how when you think about past memories or do things you like and you get this good feeling, I have nothing. The dead know nothing. Its indescribable. All I can say is I cant stress enough how much Jesus loves all of you, and that he accepts you just how you are right now. If you can Love at all even a tiny bit, that's all he needs. Trust me when I say anything in this life is nothing compared to what will be waiting for you in heaven. I have no intuition anymore, I have no identity, and I don't mean that to sound dramatic I mean literally. Its like things I used to enjoy and hate I remember that I did like the, but I cant feel it. Nothing, youd think I would freak out, but without a soul it doesn't matter. I cant freak out, because that would require some sort of goodness to actually care. I know it sounds just like depression and apathy, but its not. Its just NOTHING.
Sounds like you are in the worst possible state if this last lengthy paragraph is about you. Where the word apathy is my thought was indifference and I am now thinking they may be synonyms. I belonged to a cult for some time but that was long ago and I have generally been antagonistic toward religion for most of my life and have only accepted Jesus as my Savior 25 May 2021 and spent about 2 yrs isolating myself for the most part and trying to figure out who are Christians, thinking that maybe the Amish or possibly doctors as they seem to be doing miraculous works like Jesus did. Then after listening to tv and internet preachers I was 'led' to this site. Now after some years of 'searching' or trying to figure out who Christians are I see God is Sovereign. I say 25 May 2021 was the day of 'reckoning' for me and it was around that time I realized that I was not the person that Psalm 1:1 was describing. That is where I started and also I found out around that time that the verse in Proverbs 28 that mentions prayers of those that turn their ear from hearing the law was significant to me. If you bothered to read this maybe it was of some help and maybe it wasn't and possibly you need to see a doctor. Something else earlier on that may have been a ministering spirit like Hebrews 1:14 describes was to listen to Spurgeon sermons and one in particular comes to mind where he says that in his view all people that refuse Jesus as Savior and neglect God's Word are suspect and possibly insane and even are suicides if they choose to neglect.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021

this is copy and pasted

Hello James. You can be born again and fall very far from grace. You can also fall beyond the point of any return. What that point is only God knows. My advice would be to stay as far from it as possible and start walking with Christ.

Remember the story of the prodigal son and repent before it's too late. No one is guaranteed tomorrow.

P

pottersclay

this is copy and pasted

Yet again your efforts to find peace and contentment are only found in CHRIST JESUS . Your now reaching out to this christian chat site for some sort of solace.
Basing your faith on emotional feelings the wrong way of looking at things.
Scripture also tells us that GOD is able to save to the uttermost. It seems to me that you are walking in the wilderness.
Good news..you notice the difference.... now you need to wait upon the Lord for his refreshing.
Seek the Lord while he may be found saint. Reflect on his promises...meditate on his goodness.
We live in a world which seeks instant gratification not so with the Lord. His council is about recouncil. He chasens to obedience not out of anger but love. To give you a expected end.
By faith we enter in not works or emotions. If he that by his word created all things which are seen and unseen for his glory and restores that which is lost how hard is your situation for him?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021

this is copy and pasted

If you haven't done so already, you should get baptized (full immersion) as soon as possible, calling on the Lord. If you've already been baptized, I wouldn't get rebaptized. Some people do this thinking it will help. I've known people who got baptized three or four times. The only thing that will help is fully turning your life and will over to Him. Love the truth, seek it fervently. Study your Bible.

Mar 4, 2020
I know it sounds just like depression and apathy, but its not. Its just NOTHING.
Despite being this way, you don’t want to be this way. So it’s not just a state of “nothing” after all. If it was, you wouldn’t have posted this, right? So let’s move forward from that point rather than stewing in negativity. Know you do have good, positive, things and you have hope after all.

Iacampo

Sep 30, 2022
I can relate to what you are saying. I'm not so bad now having, I believe, a better understanding of God and His promises, but I am not where I would like to be. I want to help you, but I am not equipped. Maybe you could call my church. The number is +1 870-763-0059. My pastor would be better equipped.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If you had no soul you would be physically dead.

Welcome!
:)

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Notice how the copy-pasted section contradicts itself.

I'm literally just existing in the flesh with no Love in me.
Says that, and then testifies about the love of Jesus:D:D:D:D:D
let me tell you that He loves everyone very much
I cant stress it enough how important it is to Accept Jesus
All I can say is I cant stress enough how much Jesus loves all of you,
anything in this life is nothing compared to what will be waiting for you in heaven
This is called DOUBLE-MINDEDNESS.
That weird dysphoria comes from having contradicting belief sets- as a result, you become unstable.
The prescription is to STOP BEING DOUBLE-MINDED and choose the beliefs that come from faith.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest