Honest question....why don't churches teach the best way to avoid fornication is to get married?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Statistics show that marriage most often leads to divorce.
Its at 42% in the uk
But that's all so accounting for same sex marriage
Besides hardly anybody goes into a marriage expecting to get divorced.
Personally my belief is because marriage is a holy sacrament Lucifer and his army will do all they can to destroy the marriage.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Your sarcasm is empty, considering my first criticism of your posts was on the unbiblical nature of your supposedly biblical claims. I only criticized your grammar because you persisted in your other errors.

If I had meant that, I would have said that.
ok friend 😊

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Its at 42% in the uk
But that's all so accounting for same sex marriage
Besides hardly anybody goes into a marriage expecting to get divorced.
Personally my belief is because marriage is a holy sacrament Lucifer and his army will do all they can to destroy the marriage.
I forgot to mention only something like 6 % of divorces in marriage are for adultery the rest are for other reasons.

Go figure.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...orce/bulletins/divorcesinenglandandwales/2021

If you click on the link you will see the last statistics for grounds for divorce was 2021 which shows only 7.5 % of women where granted grounds for divorce based on adultery and only 7.5 % for men,
The rest of divorces where granted grounds for divorce for other reasons.
The fact is this means that 93% of marriages (Quite high) that survive is more than likely because the marriage a holy sacrament to God has led to the couple becoming saved 😊.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
This means that 93% of marriages are legitimate as the other marriages that had grounds for divorce issued for other reasons where never ligittimit in the first place or they where decieved by Lucifer.
The good news 93% percent of legitimate marriages honour there vows 😊

proutled

May 9, 2023
texas
But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion 1 Corinthians 7:9 Paul taught that.

His disciples said to Him, “If this is the case between a man and his wife, it is better not to marry.” “Not everyone can accept this word,” He replied, “but only those to whom it has been given. Matthew 19:11 - 12 Jesus said so.

Why does the church find it so difficult to accept this? Why don't they talk about how to choose a spouse?
Paul was always on the move, and now we have to live a life in the spirit, put the deeds of the flesh to death daily, romans 6 and walk in freedom,

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Paul was always on the move, and now we have to live a life in the spirit, put the deeds of the flesh to death daily, romans 6 and walk in freedom,
Jesus and Paul were very clear, the answer to fornication is marriage.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
I believe the church unwittingly bought into the sexual revolution in the 1960s. I know that sounds harsh, but I really think it's true.
It is true.

And not all of it was unwittingly, there are always wolves circling the sheep and some gain entry.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
It is true.

And not all of it was unwittingly, there are always wolves circling the sheep and some gain entry.
I think churches have handled it all wrong. The bible was never about dating and the church keeps trying to apply 1st century thinking to this century. The ONLY limit GOD placed on singles was, no sex before marriage. I guess GOD's standard wasn't high enough for the church.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Than the church should stop teaching about purity before marriage.
There is no promise from GOD that if you're a virgin when you marry he'll bless you for it. Twice in scripture he's clear you can marry anyone you want.

"This is what the LORD commands for Zelophehad’s daughters: They may marry anyone they please as long as they marry within their father’s tribal clan." Numbers 36:6

woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord. 1 Corin 7:39

No mention of anyone being pure.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion 1 Corinthians 7:9 Paul taught that.

His disciples said to Him, “If this is the case between a man and his wife, it is better not to marry.” “Not everyone can accept this word,” He replied, “but only those to whom it has been given. Matthew 19:11 - 12 Jesus said so.

Why does the church find it so difficult to accept this? Why don't they talk about how to choose a spouse?
i think because they don’t want to talk about fornication at all being afraid to offend the single “ ready to mingle “ folks that come on Sunday’s to hear about how sin doesn’t apply were saved either way ect no one talks about anything related to repentence really anymore or sin or how to best overcome things like lust because someone convinced us it’s no big deal

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
i think because they don’t want to talk about fornication at all being afraid to offend the single “ ready to mingle “ folks that come on Sunday’s to hear about how sin doesn’t apply were saved either way ect no one talks about anything related to repentence really anymore or sin or how to best overcome things like lust because someone convinced us it’s no big deal
I've seen Christians take to extremes. No touching, no one on one datig
I think some Christians take it to extremes to avoid fornication. Some have said, no touching, no one on one dating, if you're single even just thinking about sex is a sin. I think they become very legalistic.

proutled

May 9, 2023
texas

the preacher preachs what Gods tells them to preach, now if you read Romens chapter 6, chapter 8 should answer this question I right to slow, to go into details, we live by the spirit and put the deeds of the flesh to death, were led by the holy spirit, we must pick up our cross daily, by daily prayer and study the word, I hope this help you, God bless,

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
the preacher preachs what Gods tells them to preach, now if you read Romens chapter 6, chapter 8 should answer this question I right to slow, to go into details, we live by the spirit and put the deeds of the flesh to death, were led by the holy spirit, we must pick up our cross daily, by daily prayer and study the word, I hope this help you, God bless,
Paul and Jesus were very clear on fornication.....get married.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
The bible was never about dating and the church keeps trying to apply 1st century thinking to this century.
Agree, people did not date in those days and I do not see how dating has improved anything.

Ted01

May 14, 2022
The ONLY limit GOD placed on singles was, no sex before marriage.
No mention of anyone being pure.
John, do you not see how your thinking contradicts both God and your own thinking?

If folks are obeying God by not having sex before marriage (as you seem to be okay with); then they are indeed practicing purity (which you don't seem to be okay with)?
What's up?