your "wonderful kindness" statement reminds me of an atheist friend of mine who has done more good works for people than Christians have done, & that's in the decades. an interesting story related to this is: i was asked to assist a family who was moving on a Saturday, in the summer time. i said "yes". ( no pay, i volunteered ) ). so, at this gathering, it was said that there were going to be about 15 people to help. i said to myself, "great, i can have some fun after we'e done". i get there, & sure enough, about 12 to 15 people showed up. so there was the preliminary greetings & then work. i was the 1st one to initiate work as i like to get to work now, not later. so i could see immediately, people shirking work. & soon enough all of them said they were going on a Christian walk & wished the moving couple well. within 15 minutes, i was the only one left. a few people moved a few boxes, that was it. i started at 8:00 & worked til 5:00. the couple had 1 12 year old & he was of no help. i told him, "i'm helping you move, start helping yourself". he would move 1 or 2 boxes & quit. that happened about 3 times. the wife was lazy too. the guy was assisting. there was still much work to do after 5:00. the wife was a badgering controlling person. i felt sorry for her husband. you probably are reminded of the famous story in the Bible about passersby saying, "be well friend" & they just move on.I do have to say one thing though , throughout my life I've had ups and downs as much as any of us have had and , some of the most wonderful kindnesses I have received did not come from Christians . I believe that all of the good things we have in our lives come from God . Maybe they come through people , but they come from God through people , and God can and does use whomever He sees fit to use , to deliver those kindnesses to us . We mustn't ever hate our fellow humans , God loves them and we must try to show them the love of God in and through us . Who knows ( we certainly don't ) wether someone who doesn't yet know the Truth , will one day rejoice in it ? It's not for us to judge others but , I take your point very seriously and thinking about it I know for sure that a few people have led me astray once or twice and I have been complicit . I need to b more guarded I think . Thanks for reminding me .