R
rickyjimenez
Guest
[h=1](Exo 20:12) Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.[/h]Today I mark the 1 year anniversary of my mothers passing. She was a believer and spent the last years of her life displaying a courage and confidence we can only attribute to her relationship with Jesus. She made it perfectly clear that she was not afraid, in fact she said;
"God has a plan for me and I want to live out that plan"
All throughout the last year we have been sharing with people how my mother spent her last days. We spoke of her courage, her faith, her assurance in God's Word and His promises. That is how we have honored my mother since her passing. By using her example to encourage others who might live in fear of dying. You see, when you have Jesus, you have a peace inside you that is beyond understanding. You can stare death down and say "Jesus has conquered death and the grave". He has been shown worthy to open the scrolls in heaven. Worthy is the lamb that was slain. I rest in Him.
"Lord Jesus, help me to honor my mother in how I live my life, and how I face death.
Amen
"God has a plan for me and I want to live out that plan"
All throughout the last year we have been sharing with people how my mother spent her last days. We spoke of her courage, her faith, her assurance in God's Word and His promises. That is how we have honored my mother since her passing. By using her example to encourage others who might live in fear of dying. You see, when you have Jesus, you have a peace inside you that is beyond understanding. You can stare death down and say "Jesus has conquered death and the grave". He has been shown worthy to open the scrolls in heaven. Worthy is the lamb that was slain. I rest in Him.
"Lord Jesus, help me to honor my mother in how I live my life, and how I face death.
Amen