Honoring each other (essay)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosyshine

Senior Member
Feb 26, 2017
122
15
18
I'd like to share a little bit about hurts of mine, but also about hope and healing.
Since I was young, I've heard a multitude of messages - both direct and indirect - that tried to make me feel less valuable as a girl and then as a woman, simply because of my gender.
At times they've come in the form of jokes about women in general, direct insults, and crude and degrading comments about women.
I could give you many examples, but you get the picture.
After years of hearing women being verbally degraded, it can leave you with an ache inside.
It can leave a woman feeling like she's less than, like she's missing something, like she's not worth very much, like all she wants in the world is for a man she cares about to truly honor, love, treasure and respect her.
And she deeply wishes she could have received more affirmations of her value from men critical in her life.
I know that feeling.
But, listen.
No matter how much the world and its lies have wounded your heart, don't give up.
It has taken me a while, and I'm still healing, but I know that God sees me as beautiful and special, as His precious daughter.
Though my earthly experiences might have lied to me about my worth, God is restoring that part of my heart.
I believe He wants to restore that little girl inside, the one who was innocent and full of life and who hadn't yet been made to feel "less than."
I know this, that God's love is just as strong for women as it is for men.
I think of how Jesus treated women tenderly and honored them.
Both women and men are precious. All humans are precious because God made us, and He made us in His image.
At times I've been tempted to go down the road of being angry with men.
But that is not the way!
"Men" in general didn't treat me poorly. Certain people did. Those people I forgive.
There have also been fabulous men in my life who I have loved and still do.
Deep in my heart I long to see people treating each other with much more kindness and respect, with much more mercy.
Let's honor each other. Let's help each other heal.


“Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.”
**I Peter‬ *2:17‬ *NKJV


Love this song:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wX9oWOdZccA
 
Beautiful testimony of life and Gods love and goodness toward us......thank you sis God bless your heart
...love in Christ Sherril....
 
Hi Rosyshine

It is so true. And many times society make use of scripture to degrade woman and children.

The place where I get my self worth is in Genesis. The book of origins. We are all made in the image and likeness of God. If you study Genesis 1. You will see after each day God said "It is good" or other translations would say perfect until the sixth day that God made man, and He said "It is very good". We were the crowning work of creation. And another point that make me feel special. The animals and the other created things God spoke into existence. Yet with us God formed us from the dust and breathed the breathe of life into our nostrils. Makes me feel so special.

Take care my friend.