Hoq can we grow in the fruit of the Spirit?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Homward, from a long time of us being together, you know your posts always absolutely bewilder me. They are always so filled with growth in the spirit, and they are always right on. They also always talk about not being confident in the flesh. I think you mean the flesh as being you as a person who eats and drinks and sleeps, rather than the you who desires to live without God. Please, would you explain?

You know a lot of my mission is to have the person, the human that God created, learn of the spirit as more important, to die of the flesh, but to bring that human in submission to God's ways through having it perform worship duties. I agree the first step is all you say, but I don't see how you can do all you say without taking the second step of having the person who lives in a fleshly body do to express what you tell of. How can this be?
I will try and thank you, God willing God will show you.
The only flesh that ever pleased God perfectly is Christ's Jesus's and Christ was born of a Virgin. So no other flesh by doing any fleshly duties can ever please God perfectly.
I think all fleshly duties are a good try as to being perfect, yet no flesh can please God. Not the flesh that we are born with anyway, ever. For the knowledge of good and evil, we are originally born with out of the womb is selfish.
Learns by positive and negative reinforcements how to act by one's upbringing of other Human Flesh. Not that being taught what is good and what is bad is not good. What is not good is how it is taught.

Ex: me, I was taught to be good and God will reward me. At Christmas celebration bring me lot's of gifts for being good and if I have not been good enough, then I won't get as many presents or none.

What a lie, yes?
Do you see how this world has deceived us, by positive and negative reinforcements?

So I go all year and have been a bad boy, hiding my badness and convincing my parents that I am good. They think I am good and walah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get all sorts of presents, and now have learned how to act as good and get others to pat me on the back, and those are rewards in itself. HMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong here.
This could go the other way, I tried all year to be good and was good, expecting a return and my parents so poor could not even buy me shoes and socks. Me being young and do not understand this and get no presents in being good and yes, I am dismayed. Why even try to be good, I did not get rewarded for it. Bah! Humbug!!!!
So do you see that today it is not about good or bad? It is about whether or not you, I or anyone believes God.
God came to kill the flesh (selfish flesh) that masquerades as good, when only God is good.
Three dreams Peter had and in those dreams God said to Peter kill and eat
Peter said he won't kill and eat anything unclean. And God said don't call anything unclean that God has cleaned.
Peter finally started to see through as he went the house of the gentiles, Cornelius's house.
Read what happened, and the Holy Ghost fell upon them as he was preaching, God's word through him. It was God using Peter as the vessel to spread his amazing grace to all who believe. And this house that Peter was not even by Law was ever suppose to enter and yet he did, by God's power.
Kill and eat, is kill the flesh Spirit and come alive in God's Spirit. Our old flesh is dead yet now alive in the Spirit of God. We learn to not be led by the flesh Spirit that does not want to die.
Why else would God say, unless you die, there shall not be life. Die to what Sister? Self? I wonder ,no this can't be true can it?
Ever since Adam fell, he did become aware of flesh and flesh from that point controlled him to be selfish out for self to survive. I mean was he not told that if he ate from that tree that he would die? Has man ever since fought not to die?
Flesh is not willing to die and therefore is alienated from God in selfishness.
Is this not what God was mad at in the time of Noah. Man had no Mercy for fellow man unless they were apart of their clan, killing and destroying anyone else that got in their way. And planned to manipulate others and take others against their own free will

God finally through his Son who was the only perfect one, the second Adam came to earth to fill the law perfectly in Love, not letter of. Did this for us all and by this, Christ presents us holy to Father through his Death to bring us to new life in God's Spirit by the resurrection. Born of the Spirit and dead to the flesh nature, and for us to renew our minds thinking to God's way of thinking over this world's way.
Colossians 1:22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—

Tell me what did anyone else ever do to do what that verse says Christ did? And what can anyone ever do to keep this fact in place or make it any better? Can it be changed?

Therefore by what is done we thus can be reconciled to God and offer God our self to die with Christ and be made Holy as that verse states by the death of Christ.
Thus we do this then since we are made Holy by the death, cleansed 100% God makes us alive in God via the resurrection
Romans 12:1
[ Living Sacrifices to God ] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

Then we are ready to do
Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

And this is seeing from God's vantage point in the Spirit where we receive God's type of love best described in 1Cor.13:4-13, and after reading it in the flesh, we all see that none of us can do that type of love except God.
Read again in God's born again Spirit he gives you as a free gift to be alive in the Spirit of God, this type of love is spread through out your whole new being. And we serve God the way God can only be served, which in in Spirit

1. John 4:23
    But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
    John 4:22-24 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
    John 4:23-25 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  3. John 14:17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

the above was stated by Christ before the cross and today we are after the cross
    So Sister either we are born of the flesh and not Spirit, or we are born of the Spirit of God through Christ's resurrection, after the death cleansed us. Not cleanses us, cleansed us.
    John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

There is no mixing it, just as there is no mixing of oil and water. Therefore no mixing of Law and grace.
    It is by Faith not by works, yet works of God follow Faith in God, and that is God's Love to all, no matter whether they believe or not.
    It is whether we believe God or not to be as Merciful as I am showing God is.
    For God is this Merciful to us all. And is why the blog That is written is stated www.GODJUSTLOVEYOU.blogspot.com Because there is nothing truer than that statement
    Believe, see and receive, thus live your new live in Joy
    Hope this helps reveal the depth
    [h=3]Ephesians 3:17-19[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]17 [/SUP]that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, [SUP]18 [/SUP]may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; [SUP]19 [/SUP]and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.