HORRENDOUS!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
I am not posting this to make anyone feel guilty, rather to inform and let you know the reality of what is happening in various places and how much we have to thank God for. I live in Australia which is the sixth richest country in the world and I am sad to say that every day people are complaining about their lack of this, that or the other.

This information is from the Barnabas Fund who are one of the Christian Missions I support financially so it is genuine news/facts.

Leah Sahribu, aged 14 and a Christian, was kidnapped by Boko Harem, an Islamic Terrorist organisation in Nigeria, Africa. Three years later she is still in captivity because she refuses to deny Jesus and convert to islam.

The children in Zimbvabwe are suffering malnutrition already because of the greed and vindictive behaviour by Mugabe and the President who succeeded him. Now they are suffering from starvation because of Covid-19.

The lives of Armenian Christian children have been turned upside down by the violent attacks from Azerbaijan's armed forces. They have fled to neighbouring Armenia, a poor country where winters are bitterly cold. They desperately need warm clothes to cope.

In Indonesia, christian children walk miles to school in bare feet because their parents cannot afford to buy them shoes.

And there is plenty more where these came from and it shows there is an entirely different world out there to our own that puts our affluence to shame.

I am writing this because when I read about these children I cried. I have 12 grandchildren who are all loved and cared for so when I read what is happening with other children through no fault of their own, it was too much for me to handle.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
We sponsor children through World Vision and help out when we can with Gospel for Asia. Maybe look into those organizations and see if you can help?

Jan 25, 2015
The children in Zimbvabwe are suffering malnutrition already because of the greed and vindictive behaviour by Mugabe and the President who succeeded him. Now they are suffering from starvation because of Covid-19.
There is much more to this post than hungry children.

When Mugabe took over Zim in the 80s the Zim Dollar was worth more than the US Dollar. Now with hyper inflation it is not even worth the paper it is printed on (literally). Many farmers were removed from their farms and they fled to SA, Aussie and the US (to name a few) and today Zimbabweans as a nation are facing starvation because greed and money can't create food out of thin air.

Unfortunately we see the same happening in South Africa and there are at least 3 farmers killed everyday in South Africa. The sad thing about this fact is that the world doesn't even acknowledge that it is happening. The other day the farmers as a community stood together in Senekal because of the brutal way a young man was slaughtered. The British media made the farmers the villains because they are white and want to have a say as a minority group in South Africa. The world is facing a crises and no amount of charity will be able to stop it. We need to stop feeding people and teach them how to provide for themselves. Countries like Zimbabwe has the potential to become financial dominators on the world markets if the resources are applied correctly.

Jan 25, 2015
And just between you and me the Zimbabweans are not dying of hunger because of Covid-19, they died of hunger long before because they took away the farms from the people who provided them with food. We shouldn't blame Covid-19 for the stupidity of the masses.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
To everyone who is providing alternative views, I was focusing on what Banabas said who are working on the ground with those in need. There are a thousand and one other resons for this that and the other but they are not relevant here.

Jan 25, 2015
To everyone who is providing alternative views, I was focusing on what Banabas said who are working on the ground with those in need. There are a thousand and one other resons for this that and the other but they are not relevant here.
Unfortunately just because it is not Banabas' opinion doesn't make it less true or relevant...

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
This may not be the place to ask this...but how do we know that the ‘chrisitans’ killed or hurt in other countries are actually Christians? It seems to me that catholics have decided now after remaining separate for so long...are saying they are Christians too. The Christian umbrella seems to be expanding.

Are Armenian Christinas actual Christians if they are giving the Eucharist?

I’m not asking this to be contrary but for truly trying to find the truth in this. It is horrible that any of the above things happen to anyone...but are they actually happening to Christians..or is are they really just catholics? Since catholics aren’t Christians...we really ought to know.

Jan 25, 2015
This may not be the place to ask this...but how do we know that the ‘chrisitans’ killed or hurt in other countries are actually Christians? It seems to me that catholics have decided now after remaining separate for so long...are saying they are Christians too. The Christian umbrella seems to be expanding.

I’m not asking this to be contrary but for truly trying to find the truth in this. It is horrible that any of the above things happen to anyone...but are they actually happening to Christians..or is are they really just catholics? Since catholics aren’t Christians...we really ought to know.
You ask very valid questions.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013

Waht you need to know is that I don't tell lies and that the information came from a reliable protestant ministry.

Jan 25, 2015
Waht you need to know is that I don't tell lies and that the information came from a reliable protestant ministry.
I don't know if anybody said you were lying?

Remember if you tell a lie that was told by a "reliable source" it remains a lie :) just putting it out there :p

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
I don't know if anybody said you were lying?

Remember if you tell a lie that was told by a "reliable source" it remains a lie :) just putting it out there :p
Don't you? There is an implication in what you said.

Jan 25, 2015
Don't you? There is an implication in what you said.
No there is not. I just said that Covid19 can't be to blame for everything (I knew many Zimbabweans that worked in SA before C-19). If you want to ride that boat go right ahead.

Jan 25, 2015
"At a supermarket in Harare, Zimbabwe’s capital, the finance minister is staring aghast at a pack of nappies. “This is absolutely ridiculous!”, exclaims Mthuli Ncube. “$49!” A manager says it cost $23 two weeks ago, before pointing out other eye-watering items such as $20 Coco Pops.

Escalating prices are all too familiar to Zimbabweans. So are shelves bereft of staples and snaking queues at petrol stations. “What we are facing now, we last faced in 2008,” says Arrison Banda, a driver waiting in line. A decade ago hyperinflation devastated Zimbabwe. The crisis this time is subtly different. But it too has the potential to shatter a fragile economy."

A fist full of zollars - Zimbabwe’s shops are empty and prices are soaring | Middle East & Africa | The Economist

Jan 25, 2015
This article is from 2018 (pre Covid-19). Do you still believe that the source of the Zimbabwean woes is Covid-19?

Jan 25, 2015
I don't think you are lying, but you are being lied to......................

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
I didn’t say you lied about anything...however...I do wonder at calling catholics Christians and muddying the waters.

Jan 25, 2015
I didn’t say you lied about anything...however...I do wonder at calling catholics Christians and muddying the waters.
If they proclaim the name of Jesus when they die..... difficult one. God only knows the answer :)

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Irrelevant as catholics were never mentioned and some catholics are Christians and some are not and some protestants are christians and some are not.