HORRENDOUS!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
Irrelevant as catholics were never mentioned and some catholics are Christians and some are not and some protestants are christians and some are not.
Armenian Christians are basically catholics not Christians.
No...I don’t believe some Catholics are Christians...if the were they would leave catholocism. I’m not sure which Protestants you’re talking about.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
This may not be the place to ask this...but how do we know that the ‘chrisitans’ killed or hurt in other countries are actually Christians? It seems to me that catholics have decided now after remaining separate for so long...are saying they are Christians too. The Christian umbrella seems to be expanding.

Are Armenian Christinas actual Christians if they are giving the Eucharist?

I’m not asking this to be contrary but for truly trying to find the truth in this. It is horrible that any of the above things happen to anyone...but are they actually happening to Christians..or is are they really just catholics? Since catholics aren’t Christians...we really ought to know.
Actually isn't it more relevant how they are viewed? In my experience most people who are not actively religious lump Christian and Catholic into the same categories called Christian regardless of what the person claims.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
No...I don’t believe some Catholics are Christians...if the were they would leave catholocism. I’m not sure which Protestants you’re talking about.
If you are not sure may I suggest that you do some basic study so that you can be sure. I do not comment on anything until and unless I have done extensive study on the subject as I do not want to bore people with conjecture.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
They won't proclaim His name with their dying breath (my opinion).
Why do you think that? Catholics do know the name of Jesus but they don’t know the truth of the name.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
If you are not sure may I suggest that you do some basic study so that you can be sure. I do not comment on anything until and unless I have done extensive study on the subject as I do not want to bore people with conjecture.
Or you could tell me which Protestants you are talking about?

Jan 25, 2015
Why do you think that? Catholics do know the name of Jesus but they don’t know the truth of the name.
I agree with you. Like many churches today the RCC is also deceived and many people believe that the RCC is the great whore of Babylon.

Now the only reason I have to rethink this is because of the thief on the cross next to Yeshua. He never knew Him till his last hours before dying and yet he made it into heaven. If anybody proclaim the name of Jesus with their dying breath could they be saved? I hope that God's mercy is big enough but it is not my place to condemn anybody to hell.

Jan 25, 2015
Zimbabwe bans bulk buying as shops run empty

Article from 2007. Still think Covid-19 is the source hunger in Zimbabwe?

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
I agree with you. Like many churches today the RCC is also deceived and many people believe that the RCC is the great whore of Babylon.

Now the only reason I have to rethink this is because of the thief on the cross next to Yeshua. He never knew Him till his last hours before dying and yet he made it into heaven. If anybody proclaim the name of Jesus with their dying breath could they be saved? I hope that God's mercy is big enough but it is not my place to condemn anybody to hell.
True about the thief but catholics do die everyday thinking that they were right in their church. I know catholics who think they have the right belief system and wouldn’t change their mind about it, many are family members.

Jan 25, 2015
True about the thief but catholics do die everyday thinking that they were right in their church. I know catholics who think they have the right belief system and wouldn’t change their mind about it, many are family members.
I am sorry to hear this Lisa :( we can only pray for our family members.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
Actually isn't it more relevant how they are viewed? In my experience most people who are not actively religious lump Christian and Catholic into the same categories called Christian regardless of what the person claims.
It seems to me that in the past that they were more separated..I’m not sure when the lines got muddied and people started thinking catholics were Christians. It’s so hard to try to tell people the differences now..people put us all under the same Christian umbrella when it’s not true.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Thank you, I’ve always found this very confusing, which is why I brought it up.
Seriously, I don't think it matters. Whoever's killing these people, if they are Catholic or Christian, the killers arn't thinking like us and saying "Oh, they're not really Christian because their Catholics" They are persecuting Jesus, regardless if they're Catholics or not.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
Seriously, I don't think it matters. Whoever's killing these people, if they are Catholic or Christian, the killers arn't thinking like us and saying "Oh, they're not really Christian because their Catholics" They are persecuting Jesus, regardless if they're Catholics or not.
That’s one way to look at it. However...I think it does matter in the minds of people who then think if they join the catholic church that they are then Christians.

infinitekhanol

Jul 11, 2020
I think whether you believe or not does not change the fact that Roman Catholics are part of Christendom. Same way of saying that whether Atheists believe the existence of God or not, it does not change the fact that God exists. Just leave the judgement for God and get on with preaching or teaching the scripture

infinitekhanol

Jul 11, 2020
There is much more to this post than hungry children.

When Mugabe took over Zim in the 80s the Zim Dollar was worth more than the US Dollar. Now with hyper inflation it is not even worth the paper it is printed on (literally). Many farmers were removed from their farms and they fled to SA, Aussie and the US (to name a few) and today Zimbabweans as a nation are facing starvation because greed and money can't create food out of thin air.

Unfortunately we see the same happening in South Africa and there are at least 3 farmers killed everyday in South Africa. The sad thing about this fact is that the world doesn't even acknowledge that it is happening. The other day the farmers as a community stood together in Senekal because of the brutal way a young man was slaughtered. The British media made the farmers the villains because they are white and want to have a say as a minority group in South Africa. The world is facing a crises and no amount of charity will be able to stop it. We need to stop feeding people and teach them how to provide for themselves. Countries like Zimbabwe has the potential to become financial dominators on the world markets if the resources are applied correctly.
I think the point the op is making is that these children are suffering and needs help. We can help if there is opportunity. It does not matter the cause of their starvation and malnutrition. Give Love unconditionally, that is what the bible teaches us. i think it is a great post.

infinitekhanol

Jul 11, 2020
This may not be the place to ask this...but how do we know that the ‘chrisitans’ killed or hurt in other countries are actually Christians? It seems to me that catholics have decided now after remaining separate for so long...are saying they are Christians too. The Christian umbrella seems to be expanding.

Are Armenian Christinas actual Christians if they are giving the Eucharist?

I’m not asking this to be contrary but for truly trying to find the truth in this. It is horrible that any of the above things happen to anyone...but are they actually happening to Christians..or is are they really just catholics? Since catholics aren’t Christians...we really ought to know.
Love knows no boundary. Give it unconditionally.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
I think whether you believe or not does not change the fact that Roman Catholics are part of Christendom. Same way of saying that whether Atheists believe the existence of God or not, it does not change the fact that God exists. Just leave the judgement for God and get on with preaching or teaching the scripture
If you are a Roman catholic are you saved? I would say no. When you participate in eating and drinking in Jesus’ blood and flesh you don’t accept Him as the once for all sacrifice for sins...and don’t get me started on the Mary worship...

Love knows no boundary. Give it unconditionally.
There is no such thing as unconditional love...God doesn’t have it for us. He loves us yes...but He will throw people into the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth if you don’t believe in Jesus. Is that unconditional love? Even when you believe...you must become a new creation...is that love unconditional?

infinitekhanol

Jul 11, 2020
If you are a Roman catholic are you saved? I would say no. When you participate in eating and drinking in Jesus’ blood and flesh you don’t accept Him as the once for all sacrifice for sins...and don’t get me started on the Mary worship...

There is no such thing as unconditional love...God doesn’t have it for us. He loves us yes...but He will throw people into the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth if you don’t believe in Jesus. Is that unconditional love? Even when you believe...you must become a new creation...is that love unconditional?
sorry to say, if that is your understanding of God, you may have to go back and relearn the love of God. Learn what the scripture means when it says God is Love.