Hosea 4:6 says it all to us believers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Woulda been nice to post "Hosea 4.6 don'tcha think? Or not, seems you aren't yet comfortable with how a Public Forum works...…...
It's not really one of my favorite spiritually uplifting verses.

Aug 29, 2019
Santa Clara County
No that's a concern there's no threats in the love of God I'm concerned for those who have questions about the things of God they could only find the truth in the word on this form there are a lot of people looking for answers I hope and pray that they find the answers they need so they can continue their walk with God

Aug 29, 2019
Santa Clara County
But we have a lot of people not looking to do the work of God but only 2 debate over the word no one prospers over debating the word of God

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
I thought that office had its quota filled for this year already? everyone and their uncle is a prophet or wants to be
i thought you were charismatic? whay say you prophet? :D do i confuse u to someone else?

7seasrekeyed

you just got here A14 and you ask what is the matter with God's people and then act like you don't know what anyone is talking about when they would like to have you answer as to why you post that opinion

you do not seem able to answer

you state you are a follower of Jesus and the Bible, but you state there is something wrong with God's people

it is good to know that you believe you also have something wrong with you since you number yourself among them

talk about double speak

7seasrekeyed

Hosea was a prophet to the nation of Israel

Jesus did not die to bring further condemnation

He died so we could have our sins forgiven and be accepted by God our Father

dude here wants to know what is wrong with God's people

I would suggest when God's people listen to false ideas, opinions and really really bad exegesis, that is where they go wrong

Aug 29, 2019
Santa Clara County
Again lol u guys are funny I never judged Anyone nor was I putting Anyone down ok if u guys need to get your frustration out I understand . I know what people are talking about I'm not here to debate or put people down

7seasrekeyed

i thought you were charismatic? whay say you prophet? :D do i confuse u to someone else?
I never said anything about being a prophet

I think you have me confused with someone else

Hosea was a prophet and the op believes he was writing to present day believers

Jun 10, 2019
No that's a concern there's no threats in the love of God I'm concerned for those who have questions about the things of God they could only find the truth in the word on this form there are a lot of people looking for answers I hope and pray that they find the answers they need so they can continue their walk with God
Give it time what seems like a mass of debating people actually do learn somethings from it. Sometimes it is quite quick other times it takes awhile to sink in. debating doesn’t mean they are confused or lost. One thing to remember is we all have scars rather lost or not.

Sep 6, 2014
Hosea was a prophet of Israel during the reign of Jeroboam. See more about the context of what's being said in Hosea 4:6 in 1 Kings 12, and in Hosea 1.

As others here have pointed out to you, Hosea 4:6 is addressed to Israel at the time it was written.

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge,.... This is not to be understood of those who are the Lord's people by special grace; for they cannot be destroyed, at least with everlasting destruction; God's love to them, his choice of them, covenant with them, the redemption of them by Christ, and the grace of God in them, secure them from such destruction: nor can they perish through want of knowledge; for though they are by nature as ignorant as others, yet it is the determinate will of God to bring them to the knowledge of the truth, in order to salvation; and that same decree which fixes salvation as the end, secures the belief of the truth as the means; and the covenant of grace provides for their knowledge of spiritual things, as well as other spiritual blessings; in consequence of which their minds are enlightened by the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, and they have the knowledge of God and Christ given them, which is life eternal. But this is to he understood of the people of the ten tribes of Israel, who were nationally and nominally the people of God, were so by profession; they called themselves the people of God; and though they were idolaters, yet they professed to worship God in their idols; and as yet God's "loammi" had not taken place upon them; he still sent his prophets among them, to reprove and reform them, and they were not as yet finally rejected by him, and cast out of their land. These may be said to be "destroyed", because they were threatened with destruction, and it was near at hand, they were just upon the brink of it; and because of the certainty of it, and this "through the lack of knowledge": either in the people, who were ignorant of God, his mind, and will, and worship, and without fear and reverence of him, which was the cause of all the abominations they ran into, for which they were threatened with ruin; or in the priests, whose business it was to teach and instruct the people; but instead of teaching them true doctrine, and the true, manner of worship, taught them false doctrine, and led them into superstition and idolatry; and so they perished through the default of the priests in performing their office; which sense is confirmed by what follows:"
Source (Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible).