How about a different approach !!! What do you think ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter zech912
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zech912

Guest
The other day i was wondering why "TRUTH" doesn't penetrate people and it dawned on me.Everybody is hearing the TRUTH all day every day from different people on the street evangelizing that it has become a "yeah..yeah,i know ! He loves me and that He died for me". Well,(hypothetically speaking) if you know the TRUTH and you know i'm caught up so deep in a lie, shouldn't we spend more time on the lie i'm living until i realize that i'm living a lie then i will be receptive to the TRUTH ? I don't know man, just thinking out loud !!!!
 
A new approach? All are trying to live our life. We think we live or believe, up to the moment we realized we are wrong or were wronged.
Who could be more possibly interested in telling the truth? Those who are the persons who hold it, those who held it and share.
God, if U talked about religion, is the ONE who works first.
If it is your personal truth or love, you will share it with those you supposedly or purposely love... And I have found out that those I loved, hurt or wronged, live for themselves, same way I am.

Did I change their life or mine? Yes! And I see how the world keeps on going with or without me (and it happens to all).
 
Last edited:
Thanks secularhermit for your reply, you see i'm a recovering alcoholic who lived a lie "no hope".But the whole issue was the fear of living a "boring" christian life disguised as "no hope for me".I was homeless in Corona,Ca until i moved back to MN and went to Teen Challenge for a year.I'm free from the bondage of alcoholism thru the grace of Jesus Christ.I'm disturbed by the fact that someone will not receive the Good News(not in a judging way) but rather as a challenge for me to reach their very core beliefs.This is where i'm coming from !!! Sometimes i think we are waiting on God to move on someone's behalf while God is also waiting on us to partner with Him so we all can benefit from this to bring Him glory.
 
I'm glad you got yourself free from the booze, bro. I've been there and done that. I don't call myself a recovering alcoholic though. I prefer calling myself a retired drunk. I refuse to submit to the idea that I'm still recovering when I know that I'm cured by the overwhelming power of God.
 
Jast take it one day at a time, and be thankful for your blessings. God bless you too, bro.