How are Christ followers called to behave when TRUE EVIL is in charge?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
There are 4 things that kill tribulation saints.....I can do something about 3 of them and maybe all 4.....

Wise men see evil coming and prepare for it <---says this in the bible and proven biblically....even GOD prepared for the redemption of man before he even created the world.....PLUS the Marine in me....always stay prepared for any contingency......

Dec 12, 2013
I SHOULD HAVE JOINED THE MARINES THEN!
I have been after it since 2007..........and not the only one.....I have a place ready for those wise enough to see it coming.....and enough for 50.....always God's people in mind........and my view...I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it...............all I will say openly about it......

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
I have medical,having been a nurse! I'm unsure what else to prep!

We prep for what we believe may be experienced before the Rapture. We don't know how bad it will get before we are ....whisked out of here....so.....best preps be considered.

A horrible experience most likely will be a ......power grid outage for several months. Our prepping for that includes rice, beans, salt (for trading for odd items)and some personal items.
We are reminded that the North Vietnamese fought a war on rice and wild animals.

Dec 12, 2013
We prep for what we believe may be experienced before the Rapture. We don't know how bad it will get before we are ....whisked out of here....so.....best preps be considered.

A horrible experience most likely will be a ......power grid outage for several months. Our prepping for that includes rice, beans, salt (for trading for odd items)and some personal items.
We are reminded that the North Vietnamese fought a war on rice and wild animals.
My view....have enough for 3.5 years to 4 years............food, meds, weapons, ammo, water source, hidden, off gird, away from cities and enough people to defend it and ALL believers..........also Potassium iodide, antibiotics, bleach to purify water, toilet paper ;) etc..........

You know....when I seen this coming I prayed for God to lead me, and provide for me......about 2 to 3 million $ later he has done just that....and GOD does not UPBRAID.........!!!!!!!!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
We read many times in the O.T. when God put His ppl under bondage to evil and cruel ppl mostly bc they were rebellious against Him! In this age that some of us love we have read about,seen thru documentaries and news the horrors of the Holocaust,the atrocities committed against those in third world countries,and the evil of persecutions. ..... How are we to behave to protect the lives of those that seek refuge in our belief of a Mighty God? I have read many testimonies of folks that lied,covered up,stole,and even committed murder to protect! We who live in a free country have not been faced with this YET! But what if........how are we required to act?
Jesus's answer to true evil is self sacrifice, love shinning in the darkness.
Imagine you are someone living in North Korea. Everything is bent towards indoctrination and total
domination where if you speak betrayal of the state, you will die, and your whole family, and anyone
who has heard you unless they report it.

Then imagine coming to faith and knowledge of Jesus.
Jesus did not threaten the state or defend the individual. Rather this is love in action, care and meeting
the need where it occurs and living at peace. It asks the most profound question, we all desire love and
acceptance, so living it out is the fulfilment of who we are.

As followers of Jesus this is our example. A light on a hill that harms no one.
As soon as you accept defence, protection, rights, fighting, you have betrayed the core message.
We are not defending our lives, but preaching salvation to eternity in the Kingdom of Light.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Survivalists are very close to the soldiers mindset in enemy territory.
Power, control, defence.

This is a classic mixing of church and state. If the church dislikes the state,
take it over by force. Never part of scripture or even Jesus's preaching.
Israel was occupied by the Romans who let the Jewish authorities rule and keep the peace.
Jesus did not preach revolution or rebellion though Judas hoped he would.

The excuse is always I must defend my childrens future. But the truth is through ones
own society and social expression of the power of love and the cross, not by bullets and arms.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I can agree on the point that Jesus came to bring love into the word and be the truth ,way and life. He is the light of the world. I am using examples of dedicated Christians that dealt with such as the Holocaust,persecution of multitude in third world countries in masses. This is happening today! We have even had those who were unfairly treated in our own country in times past simply bc of race. What if TRUE evil takes over America,are we exempt from such persecution for our beliefs or race? Some of these devout,righteous ppl hid others,received illegal food or ration cards,phones,radios,clothes,ect.ect in the command to love one another! I do realize there will be a militant resistant among some,but if we are at war with EVIL,where is the line? It's been said that using the principles of God we must decide which is greater of the commandments. I am simply asking what others think how we are to act. We really dont know,only God does,how we would act under a given set of circumstances....it is just a thread asking questions........Question do you believe in capital punishment? We need to always member we have not been a victim of a murdered loved one nor have we suffered severe personal persecution on a wide scale! These little disagreements,finger pointing,mockery,name calling and demeaning ARE persecution but in reality just.......words.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I can agree on the point that Jesus came to bring love into the word and be the truth ,way and life. He is the light of the world. I am using examples of dedicated Christians that dealt with such as the Holocaust,persecution of multitude in third world countries in masses. This is happening today! We have even had those who were unfairly treated in our own country in times past simply bc of race. What if TRUE evil takes over America,are we exempt from such persecution for our beliefs or race? Some of these devout,righteous ppl hid others,received illegal food or ration cards,phones,radios,clothes,ect.ect in the command to love one another! I do realize there will be a militant resistant among some,but if we are at war with EVIL,where is the line? It's been said that using the principles of God we must decide which is greater of the commandments. I am simply asking what others think how we are to act. We really dont know,only God does,how we would act under a given set of circumstances....it is just a thread asking questions........Question do you believe in capital punishment? We need to always member we have not been a victim of a murdered loved one nor have we suffered severe personal persecution on a wide scale! These little disagreements,finger pointing,mockery,name calling and demeaning ARE persecution but in reality just.......words.
Passive action of providing support to others I agree with.
Active action by killing informants and those deemed to be the enemy, I do not.
God is sovereign. It is this sovereign rule that matters.

In Russia secret churches were often betrayed by people thinking they had to be true
to the state above the safety of their fellow believers. Others then felt they could take
physical action against the informants so that people were not sent to prison etc.
As a movement, the message of love and support needs to reign above anything else.

There are outside of faith, political groups one could join who believe in revolution and
fighting against the state. There are arguments for setting up parallel communities like
the Amish and Mennonites, who wish to define their communities on a different ethos.
That makes more sense to me.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I can understand that thought but guess who will be the FIRST target of evil! In evil in control,I'm talking world wide,every where even here. I'm not for militant groups either,and I do believe in separation of church and state. But possibly in the future church may be declared the ENEMY of the state,then what? I'm asking what is acceptable in God's eyes in our actions to protect or shelter our loved ones or others? None of us truly know from what time frame God will take us from the earth as in rapture except I believe we WILL NOT face God's wrath against evil!

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I am just ............SPECULATING....and asking ..........QUESTIONS!

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I can understand that thought but guess who will be the FIRST target of evil! In evil in control,I'm talking world wide,every where even here. I'm not for militant groups either,and I do believe in separation of church and state. But possibly in the future church may be declared the ENEMY of the state,then what? I'm asking what is acceptable in God's eyes in our actions to protect or shelter our loved ones or others? None of us truly know from what time frame God will take us from the earth as in rapture except I believe we WILL NOT face God's wrath against evil!
Unfortunately my experience in life is somewhat different to this.
Dysfunctional people pick on everyone and abuse them. Christians are probably the least touched,
because they are caring, trusting, honest people who do not cause trouble.

If christians are being targeted the society has decayed terribly that the innocent should be abused.
You will soon discover it is also political opponents, outside groups that put forward another agenda,
any groups whose lifestyle is not approved of, and so it goes on. Caring people always have friends they
do not see or are aware of.

I remember bible smugglers praying for miracles of guards searching for goods not seeing the bibles
being taken across. In reality they saw the bibles and knew the insane trouble that would be caused
by saying anything about encouraging people to read Gods word. So many guards ignored it.
A miracle in a way, but also simple sense. Love speaks so much stronger than anything else, and evil
people are consumed with guilt and fear, nothing to do with others, which drives their behaviour to everyone.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I too can see this! I have read many testimonies where it seemed God blinded the enemy to others helping. Nothing has happened as of yet,but what if? I trust Him completely to order my steps,but as flesh and blood I do ponder the facts of what if. I pray that my family never see these atrocities or have to deal with such. In the state of many in my family as they stand now only saying "I believe in God and Jesus" but having no righteous living to back up that belief,I pray the situation if it should befall them,they truly would repent and LOVE HIM!

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Unfortunately my experience in life is somewhat different to this.
Dysfunctional people pick on everyone and abuse them. Christians are probably the least touched,
because they are caring, trusting, honest people who do not cause trouble.

If christians are being targeted the society has decayed terribly that the innocent should be abused.
You will soon discover it is also political opponents, outside groups that put forward another agenda,
any groups whose lifestyle is not approved of, and so it goes on. Caring people always have friends they
do not see or are aware of.

I remember bible smugglers praying for miracles of guards searching for goods not seeing the bibles
being taken across. In reality they saw the bibles and knew the insane trouble that would be caused
by saying anything about encouraging people to read Gods word. So many guards ignored it.
A miracle in a way, but also simple sense. Love speaks so much stronger than anything else, and evil
people are consumed with guilt and fear, nothing to do with others, which drives their behaviour to everyone.
You mentioned about 'Bible Smugglers.'
- Reminded me..Brother Andrew.
& his book 'God's smuggler.'
---
I met him..many years ago.
His story was one factor why I got involved in literature distribution ( Christian ).
- In 'restricted countries'.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Do we of the faith of Jesus Christ think that this may not happen in our time? If only takes a spark of one madman,to ignite a fire! Are we prepared to live without food,shelter,medical attention and loved ones? Is OUR faith great enough to truly make us overcomers. Remember if WE DO NOT LEARN FROM HISTORY,WE ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT! I know we like to think in today's society...NO WAY, but if we go thru any part of severe persecution or even part of the tribulation can we stand firm? OF course we all want to say "YES"! This is the time.....BEFORE.... we must examine ourselves daily,pray without ceasing,study and allow the Holy Spirit to write God's word in our hearts,for WHO knows God's plan for testing and purifying His bride! His will be done in our lives!
Good topic/comment..& challenging questions.
----
Persecution has been going on..from the beginning of Christian movement in the first century.
---
I have been working with Christian leaders in restricted countries.
In United States, we still have access to Christian literature.
- In many countries ( under severe persecution ), getting a copy of Bible is very difficult.