How are we saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

Forest

An interesting question don't you think? How or what is Gods method of saving us?

What are your thoughts. I am thinking of doing a series on here based on the wilderness Tabernacle.

The reason why is because many today do not realise that the sanctuary and the services in the sanctuary are the core of the Gospel. yes friends the Gospel was not new when Jesus came but rather he fulfilled the Gospel picture that he himself gave to the Jewish nation. It is by understanding this truth as seen in the old Testament that one will soon realise that people in the old days were saved exactly the same way you and I are.

a few scriptures to wet the apatite.

Psa 77:13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

David understood that the way God saves is seen in the sanctuary.

Psa 73:17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

Asaph the worship leader came to understand the result of sin and the punishment of the wicked in the sanctuary.

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

notice that the earthly sanctuary served as an example of heavenly things. Jesus is our high priest.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Jesus is our high priest. do you know what the role of the high priest was in the sanctuary?

Did you know that Revelation takes place in the sanctuary?

Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

here we see Jesus revealed to John standing in the holy place which is the second compartment of the sanctuary next to the 7 branched candle stick.

Jesus actually based many of his teachings on the knowledge of the sanctuary. In fact many of the errors in Christianity today are due to a lack of understanding of the sanctuary and its services. they served as a shadow to point to Jesus and help understand both what Jesus would do on earth and also what He would do in heaven up to the time he returns.

Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John the baptist spoke of Jesus as the lamb that takes away the sin of the world. this is sanctuary language.

Dan 8:14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

even the book of Daniel uses the sanctuary to explain truths of God and his plan to end sin.

Simply put. if you do not have an understanding of the sanctuary then you are missing some key ingredients that open up the Gospel like never before. everything I put here is just a teaser. but the bible is heavily impacted by this teaching. I will when I have time start some threads on different aspects of the sanctuary and show how they relate to Jesus and the Gospel of salvation. If there is any interest that is. let me know.

blessings.
Heb 9:11-12, But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say not of this building; neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the Holy place (heaven), having obtained eternal redemption for us. If your question is how are we saved eternally, it is by the redemption he obtained for all of those that God gave him to redeem, John 6:37-41. All that are saved eternally were saved by the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross which covers all of God's elect from Adam to the last one of his elect that will be born into this world by natural birth, and then will be the return of Christ to gather his elect from the four winds of the earth.Matt 24:31.

F

Forest

God's way of saving us is manifested though the trials and tests that we go through in our daily living. It is actually his way of building a strong faith and a strong relationship with the supreme being
All that will ever be saved eternally were saved by his sacrifice on the cross. Christ died for those that his Father gave him only and not for all mankind.John 6:37-41.

F

Forest

seem to have overlooked the Laver = Baptism
There is a salvation in baptism but it is not eternal, but timely, an answer of a good conscience towart God. Noah and his family were saved from drowning, not necessarly eternal life. The like figure as our salvation in baptism, not eternally.1 Pet 3:21. All that are eternally saved was accomplished by the sacrifice of Ghrist for the sins of those that God gave him John 6:37-41.

F

Forest

The first step was to come to the door of the sanctuary with a sacrifice
John 10:7-9
(7) Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
(8) All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
(9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Salvation is a deliverance. There is but one eternal salvation but there are many salvations (deliverances) we receive here in this world. Christ is the husband of his bride the church and the door of the same. Most of his elect do not enjoy his fellowship within the chrurch. The body of Christ are saved (delivered) from believing in false doctrines. His church is called by many names, the little flock, the new Jerusalem, the church of the first born, the few, the remnant, The kingdom of God, etc.

F

Forest

Galatians 3:24
(24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
John 1:17
(17) For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

These two verses are explained in more detail in Exodus. First God gave Israel the Law in Exodus 20 then He gave them the sanctuary which teaches Christ, the Sanctuary teaches the plan of salvation the grace of God.

Exodus 25:8
(8) And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
Psalms 77:13
(13) Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Gal 3:24, the faith in this verse is talking about Christ's faith and not our faith Gal 2:16.

L

Laodicea

Originally Posted by Laodicea

Galatians 3:24
(24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
John 1:17
(17) For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

These two verses are explained in more detail in Exodus. First God gave Israel the Law in Exodus 20 then He gave them the sanctuary which teaches Christ, the Sanctuary teaches the plan of salvation the grace of God.

Exodus 25:8
(8) And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
Psalms 77:13
(13) Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

Gal 3:24, the faith in this verse is talking about Christ's faith and not our faith Gal 2:16.
The purpose of these texts is to show that the Law & the gospel was given to Israel in Exodus

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
If you are refering to Christ's sacrifice then the sacrifice always took place in the courtyard. Only the high priest went into the most holy place once a year with the blood of a sacrifice
And Christ is the High Priest over the house of God. Do you believe that Christ has entered the Holy of Holies once and for all, with His sacrifice, and needed not to enter therein again?

L

Laodicea

And Christ is the High Priest over the house of God. Do you believe that Christ has entered the Holy of Holies once and for all, with His sacrifice, and needed not to enter therein again?
Christ entered the most holy place in 1844 as the prophecy says in Daniel 8:14