How Are You Men Going to Raise Your Future Children?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I have been raise in a non christian family. My orginal family was a disaster, My mom died of a overdose when I was two years old. My dad could not take care of me so when I was three I came to a foster family. Most have been good there but not all. I am the only christian. My foster dad have teach me so many things that is not easy to change. I try to but I so easily fall back in how I live my life before. I really straggle a lot because I have lern a way from young age and now I have to change

I feel your pain, ImLova.
My Mom was recently killed by a doctor who gave her an overdose. I was told that another physician nearly did that to her when I was very young too. Fortunately, she survived that time.
To not have that love of your natural parents growing up must hurt your heart so much.

We know that God gave us the >Bible<
to tell us about His love. I often go to Matthew 7:11

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? "

He loves us far more than anyone in this world. His biggest gift is Jesus. I'm glad you know this.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3

Whenever we are sad, we should try to remind ourselves that we have a Father in heaven Who loves us very much.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Hi @Eli1

You do seem to do that a lot though. Misrepresenting things that I've said. Didn't you apologize to me some time back that you had misunderstood something that we were talking about? I don't remember the details now and I'm not even absolutely sure that it was you, but I think it was. Was it? Do you recall those posts about 3 weeks back or so, I seem to recall.
I can search tomorrow if you’d like since I’m not using a laptop right now,
but Ted have you thought about that the word “misrepresenting” is actually “miscommunication”?
Because if you say one thing one way and you’re sure it means one thing in your head then it doesn’t come across like that when it’s received on my end.
Such are the hurdles of text based communication.
We even get these in real life but they’re cleared up quick because speech and body language together do most of the lifting that text can’t.
So that was my take on the word “misrepresent”. So maybe let’s try to be more clear in text based communication? As hard as it is.

As far as what was said before, I can certainly try tomorrow but it’s not very crucial since we do agree on this point on homeschooling.

We still disagree on:
1. Border security
2. The American family unit as was proposed on project 25
3. The age of the universe

I like your opinions Ted that’s why I’m engaging with you. :)

Aug 7, 2024
I feel your pain, ImLova.
My Mom was recently killed by a doctor who gave her an overdose. I was told that another physician nearly did that to her when I was very young too. Fortunately, she survived that time.
To not have that love of your natural parents growing up must hurt your heart so much.

We know that God gave us the >Bible<
to tell us about His love. I often go to Matthew 7:11

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? "

He loves us far more than anyone in this world. His biggest gift is Jesus. I'm glad you know this.

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3

Whenever we are sad, we should try to remind ourselves that we have a Father in heaven Who loves us very much.
Thank you.. yes Jesus is the biggest gift and the best that have happen to me

Jul 7, 2022
In Sweden we don't have home school and I am happy for that. I think is always good to interact with other people even if it not always is a christian person. Jesus did mostly meet non christian people, and he told us to do the same to be a disciple for him in the world. So no live by the world but in the world, Meet other people, non christian and be a light for them.
That is important.
I interact with non Christians even though I like the concept of homeschooling.

Home School means different things to different people. In America, parents can decide how to teach their children and many get help from others. For instance, I might get help from someone who teacher a foreign language if I had children. They could teach that language and I might teach biology and health sciences to their children. Another may be better at math. The families can form groups like that; also there are lots of good videos and online classes. There are weekly activities available for Christian homeschoolers in this area. Some get involved in extra circular sports, music, museums, backpacking, skiing too.

Aug 7, 2024
That is important.
I interact with non Christians even though I like the concept of homeschooling.

Home School means different things to different people. In America, parents can decide how to teach their children and many get help from others. For instance, I might get help from someone who teacher a foreign language if I had children. They could teach that language and I might teach biology and health sciences to their children. Another may be better at math. The families can form groups like that; also there are lots of good videos and online classes. There are weekly activities available for Christian homeschoolers in this area. Some get involved in extra circular sports, music, museums, backpacking, skiing too.
OK... Yes I understand, I think here in sweden it would not be good as it is in USA to have home schooling.

Jul 7, 2022
Thank you.. yes Jesus is the biggest gift and the best that have happen to me
Glad to hear that ImLova.

Someone cared enough to take time to share this message with me.
He explained it and answered my questions. Then I was sure that I had This Gift.<
I Hope it is a blessing to you too.
Its an American who went on a missionary trip to Guyana. He went to the schools and police stations to share that gift with them.

Aug 7, 2024
Glad to hear that ImLova.

Someone cared enough to take time to share this message with me.
He explained it and answered my questions. Then I was sure that I had This Gift.<
I Hope it is a blessing to you too.
Its an American who went on a missionary trip to Guyana. He went to the schools and police stations to share that gift with them.
Is as he say. Just love. he love us and I want to give my live in love back to him

Jul 25, 2024
We still disagree on:
1. Border security
2. The American family unit as was proposed on project 25
3. The age of the universe
Hey @Eli1

And that's what really should make America great. That we can disagree on points of no spiritual concern. And despite how some seem to color such disagreement as hate, I don't hate you. Just sayin'

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Hey @Eli1

And that's what really should make America great. That we can disagree on points of no spiritual concern. And despite how some seem to color such disagreement as hate, I don't hate you. Just sayin'
There is no reason to hate each other my friend. I think you’re a fun guy. Hate is an emotion that binds you, but forgiveness sets you free.
Also, disagreements happen in non-American countries too so it’s all part of life. :D

Jul 7, 2022
Is as he say. Just love. he love us and I want to give my live in love back to him
That's a good attitude of gratitude.
We should all strive to do that.
Are you 100% sure that if something happened, that you would be there?
If so, why?
🙂

Aug 7, 2024
That's a good attitude of gratitude.
We should all strive to do that.
Are you 100% sure that if something happened, that you would be there?
If so, why?
🙂
Jesus is all to me without him I would be nothing. Even if I'm alone as believer in my family it my faith what makes me live, taking steps to change and do better in life and to forgive

Jul 7, 2022
Jesus is all to me without him I would be nothing. Even if I'm alone as believer in my family it my faith what makes me live, taking steps to change and do better in life and to forgive
Right, It is faith that makes you live. (John 3:16)

When I was growing up I knew about Jesus and the Trinity. I understood Easter, but I was putting some of my faith in my good works , like obedience, good outweighing the bad, and things like that. Even loving Jesus takes a lot of work. He said, if you love Me, keep my commandments. That's where we all have failed. For instance, there are times we don't always obey Him. Should we? Yes, but we aren't perfect. I'll try to explain why those things don't save and we won't ever be perfect until Heaven.
Giving of ourselves is an expression of love, but it's really Jesus Who paid for all our sins. John 3:16...."that He Gave..."
So, God gave His only begotten Son.
Jesus gave Himself for our sins to pay for the gift of everlasting life.
We don't pay for it by good works.
He already did and there's only one condition to receive it.

That link to the video in the previous post explains it in more details.
The main thing I just want to explain well is the part about works verses grace.

"It's Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us."
Titus 3:5

To have the gift of life, we can't work for it. We call upon the Lord asking Him for that gift by trusting Him, His sacrifice for our sins and that He arose the third day.

AFTER receiving it by putting all of our faith in Him, without adding works, then we should work like you explained, in order to show our appreciation and love.

Did that message to that classroom in the link make sense?

Aug 7, 2024
Right, It is faith that makes you live. (John 3:16)

When I was growing up I knew about Jesus and the Trinity. I understood Easter, but I was putting some of my faith in my good works , like obedience, good outweighing the bad, and things like that. Even loving Jesus takes a lot of work. He said, if you love Me, keep my commandments. That's where we all have failed. For instance, there are times we don't always obey Him. Should we? Yes, but we aren't perfect.
Giving of ourselves is an expression of love, but it's really Jesus Who paid for all our sins. John 3:16...."that He Gave..."

That link to the video in the previous post explains it in more details.
The main thing I just want to explain well is the part about works verses grace.

"It's Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us."
Titus 3:5

To have the gift of life, we can't work for it. We call upon the Lord asking Him for that gift by trusting Him, His sacrifice for our sins and that He arose the third day.

AFTER receiving it by putting all of our faith in Him, without adding works, then we should work like you explained, in order to show our appreciation and love.

Did that message to that classroom in the link make sense?

Yes is make sense to me

Jul 7, 2022
Yes is make sense to me
Good. 🙂

To make 100% sure you have that gift I'll share a couple last verses.

Romans 10
9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. ..
13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

To make it easy for you, I'll just lead you in prayer. Just tell Him right now as He listens.

"Dear Jesus,
I know that my sins caused You a lot of pain that You had to suffer on the cross.
Please forgive me. I know that You suffered enough for them all so I will not suffer in hell.
Thank You for arising from the dead.
I ask for that gift of everlasting life.
Thank You for saving me Jesus.

Amen"

I John 5
11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

According to the promise, there's nothing you can do to lose your salvation. There are consequences as described by the preacher in the link, but it will never be hell or a loss of salvation.

Did you just pray that with me friend?
Are you absolutely sure you will go to heaven even if you live many years and have committed embarrassing sins?

Aug 7, 2024
Good. 🙂

To make 100% sure you have that gift I'll share a couple last verses.

Romans 10
9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. ..
13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

To make it easy for you, I'll just lead you in prayer. Just tell Him right now as He listens.

"Dear Jesus,
I know that my sins caused You a lot of pain that You had to suffer on the cross.
Please forgive me. I know that You suffered enough for them all so I will not suffer in hell.
Thank You for arising from the dead.
I ask for that gift of everlasting life.
Thank You for saving me Jesus.

Amen"

I John 5
11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

According to the promise, there's nothing you can do to lose your salvation. There are consequences as described by the preacher in the link, but it will never be hell or a loss of salvation.

Did you just pray that with me friend?
Are you absolutely sure you will go to heaven even if you live many years and have committed embarrassing sins?

Thank you for both the bible verses and for the praying it means a lot :)

Jul 7, 2022
Thank you for both the bible verses and for the praying it means a lot :)
I'm really glad.
Do you know for sure, even if/ when you do wrong that you will go to heaven?

The question most people would have after getting saved is, "what happens when I do sin?"

Jeremiah 3:13 says, "Only acknowledge thine (your) iniquity (sin) that thou has transgressed against the Lord your God."

As soon as you realize that you did something wrong, just tell it to Him directly. You shouldn't go through a priest. Just tell it to the Father. Accept His forgiveness based upon the sacrifice Jesus made.
This is not to get saved again, nor is it for maintaining salvation. It's for staying on speaking terms with Him. He wants to hear from us, but sometimes our heart can grow cold and we don't talk to God because something is in the way. Just tell it to Him so you can be close again.