How can I break through a sinful cycle?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NIEMA

Member
Feb 8, 2017
32
2
8




Being Stuck inside a Sinful Cycle


​



It sucks, it truly does. I'm pretty sure we've all been through it several times. Whether it's cussing, lust, adultery, etc. We've all been there before! The relationship destroyer, the block that keeps hindering our relationship with God.

Most of the times, I've always asked myself how do I defeat it. How can I break through such a heavy and repetitive cycle? Sometimes it feels like I'M THE ONE who keeps building the wall even though I knew what I'm doing was WRONG.

It was hard stopping and I had a difficult time doing so.

Until the very day when I was reborn through the Holy Spirit. That day I felt as if Jesus held my hand and we both punched and destroyed the sinful wall together. The wall which was blocking me from God. The wall I struggled with for 16 years. Because of his grace, I am finally free from my sinful nature.





Lessons I learned from my walk with Jesus Christ:



1. When God says he forgives, he truly does.


"
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
- 1 John 1:9 ESV




​
2. In order to build a relationship with God, we need to go through Jesus Christ first.


"
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the manChrist Jesus,"

- 1 Timothy 2:5 ESV



​
[ Definition for MEDIATOR ]

a person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between.










All Glory goes to God. God bless you all.





[video=youtube;SIgitzSmtGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIgitzSmtGQ[/video]
​







​