How can I stop being jealous of my younger sister

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 6, 2018
I tend to be jealous when my mom praises my younger sibling fir doing something better than me or getting good grades. My mom always compares and you know praises my younger sibling so that kind of sucks I mean I try to be happy but I get angry when I hear my mom saying good things about my sibling and I try ad a matter of fact I have been praying fir God to remove this jealousy spirit but I'm still jealous and I try my best to be happy for my siblings but when my parents praise them I get angry because I am average I don't do anything right. I really want to fight this because I feel like a monster.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
*for* not fir

Why try to compete with your siblings? Just be yourself and do the best you can..

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Its not a contest. Its family and your mom ist dealing with it in a bad way. You be you. Be proud of your sister and stop the jealousy bs. It will only destroy your relationships in the family.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
It’s good of you share your situation openly with us, and I can certainly understand how you feel. Firstly, please know that there is no comparison or competition. God has created each one in a unique way with different skills. As a family, you need to share love, care and build each other up rather than compare and feel jealous. It might be helpful to sit down with your mom and talk openly about what you feel. I’m praying that God will bless you in a loving way and give you guidance in the days ahead. Grace and peace to your family!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I tend to be jealous when my mom praises my younger sibling fir doing something better than me or getting good grades. My mom always compares and you know praises my younger sibling so that kind of sucks I mean I try to be happy but I get angry when I hear my mom saying good things about my sibling and I try ad a matter of fact I have been praying fir God to remove this jealousy spirit but I'm still jealous and I try my best to be happy for my siblings but when my parents praise them I get angry because I am average I don't do anything right. I really want to fight this because I feel like a monster.
Hope things are better for you now! :love:

Need a hug?

prince1A

Oct 23, 2018
hi Emilia, you need prayer to over come such negativity. I was once like that until I met my pastor and he counselled me on what to do by reading the scripture. After some time that spirit left me because I read the scriptures and always praying. I will admonish you to read 1corinthians chapter 13 from verses 1 to the end. I will keep praying for you Emilia.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Tell your parents that you need more praise. Also, praise your parents too. It could be your parents thinks your siblings needs more encouragement.