How can we Evangelize better here in India?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2021
India
So let's discuss this: India was visited by Saint Thomas, the Apostle of Jesus Christ. But in 2000 years, we Indian Christians haven't Evangelized much here in India. Christianity according to the official 2011 census was only around 3 Crore or 30 Million, just 2-3% of India. Indian Christians are strong in Personal Devotion, and Social Works, but we have neglected Evangelism somewhat imho.

Going forward, what can we do? Should we do more Street Evangelism, like distributing Gospel tracts? Should we have more Internet Evangelism, with blogs and websites and You Tube Channels? 1.3+ BN of our countrymen have not yet accepted Jesus Christ. How can we help? :)

In Christ,
N. Xavier.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Good post.
----
Maybe, more focus/emphasis on..
- training Christian workers..for evangelism/outreach.
- raising Christian leaders..who have passion & commitment for..
the unreached areas in India.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
I worked with a Christian mission/ministry in india..
- involved in.. street evangelism & literature distribution.
It seems that they have some impact..

Nov 26, 2021
India
Yes, definitely we need more Christian leaders with a heart for Christ, but also I think all disciples of Christ should be empowered to evangelize. Maybe an hour or so before worship services on Sunday, many of us should go out into the street and distribute tracts.

We also need to pray a lot for God to send Revival. The Bible says there will be people from all tribes and tongues in Heaven, so I'm hopeful we will get there in the end. Of course, it will take God's Grace, much prayer, many sacrifices, and lot of toil for it to happen.

A Great Multitude from Every Nation
"9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen." (Revelation 7)

Jesus_Leads

Aug 15, 2021
So let's discuss this: India was visited by Saint Thomas, the Apostle of Jesus Christ. But in 2000 years, we Indian Christians haven't Evangelized much here in India. Christianity according to the official 2011 census was only around 3 Crore or 30 Million, just 2-3% of India. Indian Christians are strong in Personal Devotion, and Social Works, but we have neglected Evangelism somewhat imho.

Going forward, what can we do? Should we do more Street Evangelism, like distributing Gospel tracts? Should we have more Internet Evangelism, with blogs and websites and You Tube Channels? 1.3+ BN of our countrymen have not yet accepted Jesus Christ. How can we help? :)

In Christ,
N. Xavier.
In reality most people who call themselves Christians in my state aren't even born again. If you are born again you'll have the urge to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ without that people will be satisfied with weekly church going alone they don't even have personal relationship with God. I mean I myself was that person once until the Lord touch me. My point is we who have been saved must try to share God's message and we have to pray for the name sake Christians of India to be born again that can be a good start. But we have a wonderful government which wants to destroy Christianity. So steadfast prayers and brave evangelism is the only way. Streets, workplace, church no matter where we are we have to proclaim that Jesus is the Lord and people need to repent of their sins and come back to God. So ultimately the answer to your question is to beg God to equip ourself for the battle that we have infront of us. India is satan's stronghold and there's a reason why God has put us here. Let's see.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Yes, definitely we need more Christian leaders with a heart for Christ, but also I think all disciples of Christ should be empowered to evangelize. Maybe an hour or so before worship services on Sunday, many of us should go out into the street and distribute tracts.

We also need to pray a lot for God to send Revival. The Bible says there will be people from all tribes and tongues in Heaven, so I'm hopeful we will get there in the end. Of course, it will take God's Grace, much prayer, many sacrifices, and lot of toil for it to happen.

A Great Multitude from Every Nation
"9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen." (Revelation 7)
India's turn is coming.
Currently it is China's turn...Russia is going to get one too before India. But maybe not...

Christianity seems to be traveling west...always west over the Millennium.

Until it reaches Jerusalem once again. And that's going to be a while...but I do tend to think that it will race across the desert once it crosses the mountains. At a blindingly fast pace.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

In Christ,
N. Xavier.
Whatever you do, stick to sound doctrine. Stick to the basics. Maintain the order of the Church laid down by the apostles. And emphasize the doctrine of abiding in Christ.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
In reality most people who call themselves Christians in my state aren't even born again. If you are born again you'll have the urge to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ without that people will be satisfied with weekly church going alone they don't even have personal relationship with God. I mean I myself was that person once until the Lord touch me. My point is we who have been saved must try to share God's message and we have to pray for the name sake Christians of India to be born again that can be a good start. But we have a wonderful government which wants to destroy Christianity. So steadfast prayers and brave evangelism is the only way. Streets, workplace, church no matter where we are we have to proclaim that Jesus is the Lord and people need to repent of their sins and come back to God. So ultimately the answer to your question is to beg God to equip ourself for the battle that we have infront of us. India is satan's stronghold and there's a reason why God has put us here. Let's see.
Great post. The thing is......you will never earnestly passionately preach what you don't believe. If you truly do believe you cannot stop preaching......you will become a preaching machine.

Jun 12, 2021

In Christ,
N. Xavier.
Pray to God for help and be humble like Moses. Started out not knowing how to evangelize, until I prayed for half a year to God. Than gradually God gave me the words to speak. There is a fire in my heart when God wants me to evangelize.

Jul 4, 2022
I truly appreciate the burden the Lord has given you regarding evangelising in India. In my humble opinion, we do not have the right climate in this country, at least in the Northern states to carry out a vigorous program. of evangelisation. As of now churches are being destroyed, people are being persecuted as never before. It is not a matter of lack of faith or zeal, but I do believe this is not the right time of God for India as brother JohnDB says above.