How Can We Help, Prevent, and Stop the Abuse of Men in Relationships?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I asked because I often find truths in the things that you say, but, sometimes, it just seems like the truths are too broadly applied. In other words, that they apply to everybody, and not just to some.

Anyhow, i appreciate you taking the time to give me your answer.
oh ok I dont really know what you mean.

Truth is truth
The truth sets people free. Some people cant handle the truth and dont choose to hear it or listen to it I suppose. I cant do anything about that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I never said she was bad, I said we weren't a good match. Stop reading into things stuff that isn't actually there.

As for why other women shunned me, well, that circles back around to where we started. Women's preferred choice of chasing jerks and @holes, then giving the nice guy the sob story of how they end up with jerks and @holes... after which they go back to chasing jerks and @holes.
wonder why that is, maybe the jerks bribed the women with money. IDK

Do you think belonging to different denoms is a bit of a deal breaker? Ive always wondered how that worked, if there are couples that go to different churches or maybe you just take turns, or go to a third one you both havent been to before.

Say if you are baptist, you could just meet another baptist no big deal, but a baptist marrying an anglican might have problems.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
She has a heart of gold, yes she cooks and cleans. She's not terrible, just a mismatch.

For example, she's died in the wool Missouri Synod Lutheran. I lean more to the Charismatic side. Her dad always went to church early to prepare and set up, make sure the bathrooms were clean and stocked, sweep the floors etc. Her uncle did the same with his church. I have tried to do the same for my church, but my wife insists I drive her to her church before I go to mine. Her dad drove her mom to church every Sunday for 50 years so golly gee I can just tell my church too bad so sad and do the same (even tho she has people in her church who will give her a ride).
I think going to different churches for couples is a bit odd but I do know some couples who do that. One, the husband plays keyboard for the presy and his wife goes to the baptist where she says there are more of her female friends to fellowship with.

But then there are a lot of mismatched and unequally yoked couples where one is a believer and goes to church while the other stays home.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Unless a man or a woman A husband or a wife knows God, loves the Lord we can't fully and tenderly give or show a loving attitude to our spouse...the answer is always pointing to God....JESUS showed us how to love ❤️

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
even if henpecking or nagging relentlessly isn't considered abuse it's sill not the biblical way.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Men need to get smarter about relationships, but it's a difficult cycle to break.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
men smart, women smarter

I heard that phrase somewhere, not sure if its true or not....

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Watching the Crown

all those royal relationships were toxic and abusive especially the Charles and Diana one. Cant bear to watch but like a car crash cant look away.

They really tore into each other and Diana was especially vengeful. Moral of the story...dont marry. lol

Charles should have just stayed single with his dogs and Diana ....become a ballerina since she was such a prima donna

No rush to have an heir, if they were that desperate why not adopt a child, or several and say you can all be kings and queens. Everyone is a co-heir! We are ALL family. Could work.