How Can You Not Be Afraid of Death?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 25, 2010
Having grown up around Christians all of my life, one pervading attitude among them is "Even if it's not true, at least I believed something." But the fact is, no one has ever died before and come back to tell about it. And the many people who claim to have done so, you have to go by their word of mouth.

I often hear people say they're not afraid of death, but I think at least some of these people are trying to look macho. I'm not going to lie though, I am afraid of death; only because I don't know for sure what's going to happen afterward. If I knew for sure, I don't think I would be afraid.

You can know for sure that you are goiong to heaven because both your conscience
and the Holy Spirit will confirm it. The Lord gave us a conscience so we could know
when we are wrong or right (based upon our knowledge of what is the Truth). But
we must have faith that the Lord is faithful to forgive us our sins if we wouold confess
them (1Jn): which means we must also forgive ourselves of our own evil deeds once
we have confessed them.

The true Christian does not fear death, but understands that the body must die before
one can get into heaven (as it is written). One cannot be truly Born Again unless the
natural body is dead; yet we should live as if we are born again. So confess your sins,
believe they are forgiven, and fear death no more. Amen.

P.S.
Continue to study the Word proving what is true and right, and you shall have the
regeneration and sanctification if the Spirit.

Feb 16, 2011
Having grown up around Christians all of my life, one pervading attitude among them is "Even if it's not true, at least I believed something." But the fact is, no one has ever died before and come back to tell about it. And the many people who claim to have done so, you have to go by their word of mouth.

I often hear people say they're not afraid of death, but I think at least some of these people are trying to look macho. I'm not going to lie though, I am afraid of death; only because I don't know for sure what's going to happen afterward. If I knew for sure, I don't think I would be afraid.
You should be afraid of death because you admit you are not saved.

E

EverlastingChange

Reminds me of what Ravi Zacharias said regarding Lazarus.

I'll let you view it yourself.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wctTgF5vDnE[/video]

Why should we as Christians be afraid of death or hell, if we know the one whose going to let us out?
Great video, thanks.