How did you guys start becoming Christians?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Auknownperson

Oct 4, 2018
I'm curious, how did you guys found Jesus? For me I started following him at the age of 11 or 12, mostly because of fear. But I changed it so yeah

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I grew up knowing about him, then i started down a really bad road ans God told me I had to choose.
Knowing hr is the most powerful, i chose him and started loving him more and more

Auknownperson

Oct 4, 2018
I grew up knowing about him, then i started down a really bad road ans God told me I had to choose.
Knowing hr is the most powerful, i chose him and started loving him more and more
That's nice😁 happy that you chose god

C

CandieM

Demonic influence caused me to become a follower. My mother mentioned her faith so many times and it only really clicked in my head after the public unraveling of Satanic groups became so immeasurably large that I couldn't ignore it. It was a combination of that and what I believe to be the spiritual affliction of demons and the evil people who work for them.

Good post. 👍👍

T

theanointedsinner

may people be spared of such road and have hearts soft enough to follow Jesus, amen

Pumpkinspice

Sep 22, 2018
Was barely born a baby coming into church. I would not stop crying and you could hear me from inside the church outside at the nursery room. Nobody could stop me from crying then Pastor came out and he wanted to try idk if he succeeded. Wah

T

theanointedsinner

Was barely born a baby coming into church. I would not stop crying and you could hear me from inside the church outside at the nursery room. Nobody could stop me from crying then Pastor came out and he wanted to try idk if he succeeded. Wah
you mean, infant baptism?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I grew up attending the RCC and I was what you would call, "religious but not right with God." I came to receive Jesus Christ through faith several years ago on a late Saturday night. About a month prior to that, my mother in law had passed away and I was thinking very seriously about the afterlife. Soon after she had passed away, I remember asking Jesus Christ that whatever it takes to get me to heaven, just put the answer right in front of my face so that I will know with absolute assurance here is the answer and now it's up to me to accept the truth.

I had no assurance of salvation prior to my conversion because I was trusting in works for salvation and not in Christ alone. Also, just prior to my conversion, I had read through a gospel tract that really caught my attention which led me to thoroughly search through the Scriptures. I knew the Lord was drawing me. Finally, after reading through the book of Romans and eventually the book of Ephesians, I came to Ephesians 2:8,9 and that's when the light came on! I had then placed my faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ alone for salvation and knew without a doubt that I had become born again! Praise the Lord! :D

I remember over the years how several different people had tried to share the gospel with me, but at that time I did not have ears to hear and the truth just went right over my head, but right after my conversion, I could look back and say, "that's what he meant, that's what she meant, that's what they meant!" I finally get it! :)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I'm curious, how did you guys found Jesus? For me I started following him at the age of 11 or 12, mostly because of fear. But I changed it so yeah
Well i was a member of a religion but i was not 100% serious about it.. I believed that God existed but was half way into New Age teachings.. I had discussions with a friend at work about religion and He ended up giving me a Bible..

I took the Bible and opened it at the first page Genesis 1 and then read it right thought to the End of Revelation 22 ..

By the time i finished reading Romans 7 i became a Christian. I was about 23 / 24 at the time..

So i have been a Christian now for about 30 years and at no stage in those years have i ever doubted the Gospel message of the Holy Bible.. Becoming a Christian changed my entire world view and as such i became a different type of person..

I think it took me just under a year to read the Bible.. I read it like a book.. chapter by chapter.. Book by Book..

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019
I was a godless. Same here.

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019
You was on wrong road, don't worry about it, because you realize it is wrong and pull away. You did well! But someone still on it when they know it is wrong. That's really bad.

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019
Hallo! Ich komme aus Deutschland!

SamsonHorace

Mar 4, 2019
My wrong grammar.😂 or you're not a German.lol

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I was in my late 20's and had been reading a little bible somebody gave me that I kept in my back pocket. I had been working for a day labor outfit and read the new testament when it was slow... I had my doubts but asked several times if God was real that he come into my life.

It was early evening and I had a days pay and was walking through a park, in spring, in Long Beach Cali about sunset. It was nice!

I saw a group of folks about my age standing around under a tree singing, shaking tambourines and playing guitars. I went over to see what was going on. They were singing Christian folk songs, praising the Lord and looked very happy. I just watched and listened. They were cool. After a while they sat down and out came the Bibles. I had a pocket New Testament too, so I sat down, read along and listened. My life began to change that balmy spring night.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I was in my late 20's and had been reading a little bible somebody gave me that I kept in my back pocket. I had been working for a day labor outfit and read the new testament when it was slow... I had my doubts but asked several times if God was real that he come into my life.

It was early evening and I had a days pay and was walking through a park, in spring, in Long Beach Cali about sunset. It was nice!

I saw a group of folks about my age standing around under a tree singing, shaking tambourines and playing guitars. I went over to see what was going on. They were singing Christian folk songs, praising the Lord and looked very happy. I just watched and listened. They were cool. After a while they sat down and out came the Bibles. I had a pocket New Testament too, so I sat down, read along and listened. My life began to change that balmy spring night.
They had no church building but were fans of Chuck Smith and some went to Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa on Sundays. They took up a collection and rented a High School Auditorium to hear some Christian missionaries speak who had recently returned from somewhere in Africa. It was the eve of Pentecost 1977 I believe. The Lord through the Holy Spirit became real that night and filled me with a love I never imagined exists. I have never denied it is real since that change in my life. I never will!

mar09

Sep 17, 2014

Was a student when some missionaries from hongkong came to school and shared with us. As I was studying away from home, I started to learn with them and read my first NT almost everyday even when I did not understand many things yet. In time, when I came home, I no longer went with my father/parents to the Rc church. The road forked, where their church turned left, while to the right is a Christian church. From there i waved to them and went to my new church, and thankfully my father esp. allowed and did not stop me.

Isnt that great, cali... folks not afraid or ashamed to sing to the Lord out there. Once or twice I did witness a happy group of people singing at the soccer field on campus. As I listened, I realized they were singing to krishna tho, which made me very sad. I kind of vowed i'd not be afraid to sing to the Lord when He calls, and to encourage more young people. But how true we hear all kinds of radio music in public places, on transports, school events. Except for Christian worship, prayer meetings, and some annual prayer event or conference, Christian music is seldom heard. So once in a while, when i hear a co-passenger listening to His music, my heart rejoices, and pray the Lord will allow us to sing and make a new song unto the Lord more.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
My mother was Catholic and dad was Jewish and would have 'debates' when I was little. There was a Foursquare Church across the street and I decided to start going. One day, I was about 8, I was walking home from Church and I was prompted to look up at the sky. The thought hit me that all I see around me, the sun, beautiful blue sky, flowers and esp families, had to have a purpose.
Looking back I feel it was the Holy Spirit confirming that God is real and He had created all this for His purpose. Ever since I was a believer and by His grace He was with me even through some backsliding I did.
I went on to b the second in my Sunday school class to memorize the books of the Bible (and got a Bible w/my name on it) and won a contest for bringing the most guests. I beat out someone's dad 26 to 11, lol.
My mom & dad eventually met halfway being 'Christians'.
Now I'm blest to go to Greg Laurie's Church and have an online Pastor. PTL baby!