How did your parents meet?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hellooo

Just for fun...how did your parents meet? Spill!

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

My parents met at work. Dad was a vet assistant for large animals, mom was a vet tech for small animals.

garet82

Jan 20, 2011
My parents met at church. My dad was navy and my mom was university student.
My dad was placed in new place and he went to church where my mom attended.
Its very sweet story coz they met at church, my dad liked mama at their first meet even they sat in different bench (chair).
My dad first introduced himself after church. They did not talk too much after their first meet, just commicate through letter coz my dad is very seldom landed from his ship n was busy as navy.
When my dad was going to send to other island he proposed my mom by letter through his friend. Then my mom replied yes by letter through my dad's friend.
Its like sweet story on tv. My dad is talk quiet n my mom is really cheerful n very kind woman.
I love the way their story they met its short and sweet.
Now, they have married for 45 years old.
They are really amazing parents n always suppor each others. They raised n teach us about christianity values since we were baby.
I feel really greatful to GOD for giving me wonderful parents like them amen.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
my dad worked at the market place in mexico. he would see this girl walk by every day. he thought she was so weird because in the 60's, all the girls were wearing mini skirts and all kinds of immodest clothing, but she was always presentable with long black hair.

a couple of years later, dad gave his life to Jesus and started going to a local congregation.

turns out, it was the same place my mom would fellowship. he met my mom and remembered her from the market place.

BUT the pastor asked mom to help at a local mission on the other side of town, so mom wasn't attending the home church on a regular basis. she asked someone from church for a job at a dry cleaner.

dad, who was still working at the market place, wanted a new job because the environment was no longer pleasant.

he got a job at the SAME dry cleaners completely not knowing my mom worked there.

hehe.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
My mother wrote to my dad while he was in Korea (pen pals). Then when my father came home from the Korean war, they finally met in person.

R

renewed_hope

My mom loves telling this story so I have heard this like a million times lol. My mom was 18 and had a job at a local convenient store after moving down from the big city and my dad was born and raised in this small country town and just quit the local fire department as a paramedic (EMT) so being a small town everyone knew him along with his entire family. My dad would go into this place thinking my mom was not a very nice person...in fact he usually said another word, but I will refrain from doing so. Anyways, my mom had a seizure in the break room and it just so happened my dad walked in and being a paramedic he knew just what to do. He ended up taking her to the emergency room and on the way back he asked her out, two weeks later he proposed, had me and got married. They have been together for almost 28 years now and just about to celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary :)

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
My mom lived in a small town several miles away from my dad's small hometown. My mom saw him playing in a high school basketball game when their team came to play. Then he noticed her after the game, and eventually asked her out. A couple years later they got married.

But that's not the interesting part of the story. My dad is an identical twin. His brother was a slightly better basketball player, and was a starter on the team. My dad came off the bench and didn't play nearly as much. So it's pretty likely that my mom noticed my uncle playing, rather than my dad. :)

H

Hellooo

Thanks for sharing everyone, this is so interesting!

S

Stranger36147

As much as I don't like admitting this, my parents met in rehab. I think my Mom became pregnant with me soon afterwards. Nice story, huh?

Dec 28, 2016
As much as I don't like admitting this, my parents met in rehab. I think my Mom became pregnant with me soon afterwards. Nice story, huh?
Thanks for this, not everything needs to sound like a Harlequin Romance.

I don't know where my parents met, or how. My brother and I were abandoned by our mother as teens. She divorced our father when we were too little to remember and we lived with our drunken father for a short while until he dropped us off at Volunteers of America.

My brother and mother died a few years ago, 389 days apart, my brother first who was schizophrenic, then my mother, unexpectedly and too sudden.

Through all of this God helped me gain my GED, go to College, Pastor, and own a business. He has blessed me with my wife, and we also now have a 7 year old daughter.

I have Psalm 27:10 as my comfort, and God as my Father. I am blessed, that is a fact.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
My parents story kind of cracks me up. My Dad was a few years older than my Mom. I think she was 16 and said she and her friend were hanging around downtown where she lived. My Mom liked my Dads friend, Larry who had a glass eye. Larry and my Dad were driving around in my Dads convertible and Larry with his good eye spotted my Mom and her friend.

My Dad pulled over and asked the ladies if they wanted to go get hamburgers. They all went to get burgers and Larry took his glass eye out a lot I guess. The rest is history.

G

Galatea

My grandfathers were both commercial crabbers. My paternal grandfather went to my great grandfather's crab shop in Alabama to sell his catch of crabs (my father lived in Mississippi). My father's work ethic impressed my great grandfather. So, he walked next door to his son's house to introduce his granddaughter to this hardworking boy. Those were his very words "I want you to meet this hardworking boy." My dad was seventeen, my mom was fourteen. She said my dad had the most beautiful white teeth she had ever seen and huge, muscular arms (from all that work). Three years later, they were married.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
My parents story kind of cracks me up. My Dad was a few years older than my Mom. I think she was 16 and said she and her friend were hanging around downtown where she lived. My Mom liked my Dads friend, Larry who had a glass eye. Larry and my Dad were driving around in my Dads convertible and Larry with his good eye spotted my Mom and her friend.

My Dad pulled over and asked the ladies if they wanted to go get hamburgers. They all went to get burgers and Larry took his glass eye out a lot I guess. The rest is history.

Nobody needs more than one eye to pick up a girl.

And sometimes I close my one eye and don't even look....

all depends on the girl.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
My mother was a teacher and my father was a cowboy. My father impressed my mother with his white horse named jack. He even let her ride his horse. Their horseback riding started it all.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
My mom had just moved to "the big city" fresh out of high school. Having no skills, she worked as a waitress at a greasy spoon. Dad worked at a gas station nearby and ate there once in a while. And that's where they met. They got married just a few months later -- youngsters they were -- Mom was 18 and Dad was 20! They had been married 47 years when my mom passed away.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

No worries. Both of my parents were legally married to other people when they met and started their little love affair.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Its kinda a funny story...I had to go back in time using a DeLorean to make sure they met.
You see, my dad needed to ask my mom to the Enchantment Under...

Never mind.
You probably won't believe me. :(

Nice_Lady

May 13, 2014
Mentioning "u wont believe me" thing...listen to this: my mum was 28 and never dated a man. All thought that she is way too old and all had pity on her for they thought "she will never marry"...my mum saw my dad at school (he was a teacher but not in her class) and she liked him...For 9 years!!! Day after day she was seeing him on the street (both going to work) and greeting him. He was greeting hundreds of people per day so he didnt really pay attention, BUT one day he said "Excuse me, but who r u?" And...believe it or not - after a month they had a wedding! What God brings together, let no one separate.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My mother met my father at college. He was into witchcraft and they were both doing drugs.

By the time I came along a couple years later they were solid members of a Pentecostal church. *shrug*

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
My parents met at church when they were like 8... she told her friend she was gonna marry him sure nuff she did.