How do I change my profile tag?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
That's a blessing to hear and know what you mean.
I love feathers and trying to ID them when hiking too.
They certainly have amazing features that synthetics can't duplicate. People used to wonder how birds achieve flight and they really are a wonder from God.

I didn't know the connection they had with tribes. Dad and I always liked the old black and white pictures of tribes and chief's in headdresses. I have a painting on display.

I sometimes put a game bird feather when I wear my boonie hat even though I'm not a Tribal Native American. I think I started that when I started teaching
Wildlife Classes.

I learned a lot about you and the topic this evening. Had no idea so many tribes live in Oklahoma!
When you get enjoyment from God's creation that is special. Most children grow up in front of a TV after school until bedtime.
Speaking of that, it's past mine.

Thanks for sharing this.
For now on I'll remember the special significance your feather has.

Your mention of children spending a lot of time in front of the screen makes me think of how much that has increased since I was growing up. If I was spending very much time inside, my parents would assume I must be ill. I was outside most of the time, looking for bugs, riding my bicycle, roaming the woods, swimming in the creek, etc. Even then, I remember overhearing some girls talking about how weird I was for my outdoor tendencies. Now, people have more than just the tv screen. There are computers, cell phones, all kinds of video games, etc. I'm not against technology. I mean, I do like to research things like spiders, birds, insects, etc.
I do feel like there is a noticeable difference these days in how much time people spend outdoors. Or, should I say, how much time they don't spend outdoors.
If I had children, they'd be spending a good amount of time outdoors and learning about wildlife. My mother put my playpen outside. We lived in the country right next to the woods. I was started off early lol. It's incredible that there is an amazing world outside and so many are not taking the time to enjoy it. Some may say that it's because they are in the big city, but I still am observing the outdoors when I'm staying in the big city. I've found that anywhere outside, there is so much to observe. I think it makes a big difference when children are brought up to take part in the outdoors.
 
I was kept captive during my childhood and not allowed to go anywhere except in a car with dad driving.
My tricycle only went so far.

I had to hold an adult's hand while crossing the street.
Outside were lawns of nothing but grass and at school nothing but fields.

I remember we weren't allowed to climb the trees at the back of the field, as they were Out of Bounds.
The creek was muddy and where children drowned.
I only ever saw kiwis in the zoo, and fish in an aquarium.
I could't swim anyway.

TV was a babysitter. My big sister controlled the tv, and decided what to watch. Us siblings either watched it with her, or we played with our own toys. I would make up shows with my toys and ragdolls, so I was like a director in my own play, or master ventriloquist.

But I do remember a reserve at the back of my house, that my neighbours and sister sometimes explored, however, I wasn't allowed to go with them. My brothers and I stayed at home, outside, we played with pinecones. We had an entire imaginary land, called Pinecone Land. There was Mummy Pinecone, Daddy Pincone, and the Baby Pinecones. Their dwellings were planks of wood we'd salvage from the offcuts under the house. We played this outside on the wooden deck.
 
I was kept captive during my childhood and not allowed to go anywhere except in a car with dad driving.
My tricycle only went so far.

I had to hold an adult's hand while crossing the street.
Outside were lawns of nothing but grass and at school nothing but fields.

I remember we weren't allowed to climb the trees at the back of the field, as they were Out of Bounds.
The creek was muddy and where children drowned.
I only ever saw kiwis in the zoo, and fish in an aquarium.
I could't swim anyway.

TV was a babysitter. My big sister controlled the tv, and decided what to watch. Us siblings either watched it with her, or we played with our own toys. I would make up shows with my toys and ragdolls, so I was like a director in my own play, or master ventriloquist.

But I do remember a reserve at the back of my house, that my neighbours and sister sometimes explored, however, I wasn't allowed to go with them. My brothers and I stayed at home, outside, we played with pinecones. We had an entire imaginary land, called Pinecone Land. There was Mummy Pinecone, Daddy Pincone, and the Baby Pinecones. Their dwellings were planks of wood we'd salvage from the offcuts under the house. We played this outside on the wooden deck.

Sounds like you had protective parents. I understand looking back at that age. We had older neighbor boys who put me in the ER as a toddler and threw rocks at me from their yard.
Then there were the neighborhood queers who tried to lure children. We didn't have to worry so much about natural hazards, although there was a cliff nearby.
I think you still have developed an appreciation of nature.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Godsgirl1983
Plus, @Godsgirl1983 is married with a family, so she's automatically going to be seen as the respectable one.
Hey look! I've gotta behave around my kiddos and set them an example (hopefully a good one)...
you think I'd make so much mischief if they were on here?
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
The only trouble I see coming from you is this sort...

star-trek.gif
HEY! Are those the missing Whangdoodles from the cruise?
I heard some got loose.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Mem and seoulsearch