How do I stop being so negtive, worried, depressed, and not being able to relax?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oopsies

nobody has told you this before Dot,

you have finally worn me down
Lovingly, I hope? ^.^

I will tell you the real secret

the answer is really very simple

all you need is

flush_queue();

the Word of God:)
Sorry, I can't help it. Lately, it's all code! Soon, I will be speaking in ASCII! :D 01010100100101

I mean, isn't this pretty much exactly the oppisite of what God wants for me? So how do I stop being this way?

Also would being the pretty much oppisite of that make it a lot to make frineds, maybe find a girlfriend, and help my social skills?
I would recommend you to read John 15. Then buy a book like Secrets of the Vine, Breaking Through to Abundance written by Bruce Wilkinson (or a similar book) to help you understand John 15. Maybe then, you will get what you ask for? o_O

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Ok, Dot...

You know how I wrote on your other threads that when you sent me a Friends List request, I'd dropped you an email asking about you and your interests and hobbies and so forth, but I never heard back from you? (You said you wrote back but, if you would have, I would know because I would have answered you.) And then I've read in public posts to your other threads that at least two other people who regularly reply to all your threads have tried to do the same... sending you personal mails... but that you never answered...

This is just a suggestion, but, I've noticed you seem to have several people on your Friends List. If you don't want to talk to any of us who have already taken the time and effort to contact you personally, why not choose a few other people on your list to try to mail and establish contact with? You certainly don't have to be friends with any of us who have already tried to talk to you on a more personal level, but that doesn't mean you couldn't make an effort yourself and try to contact other people. You might get a real friendship going... and I'm being serious about this, as I've done this myself and have met at least 3 people I consider to be good friends by doing this, and I will most likely meet them in person as time goes on (possibly two of the three this year.)

This is just a suggestion, of course... but if you only want to have interactions or get answers from people just through threads alone, you most likely will not develop any personal friendships this way--not that CC should be your primary source to form friendships, but since you've talked so much about your social anxieties and fears in regular, everyday life, CC could at least be a nice place to start.

I want you to encourage you to at least try!

T

tryingtofindhim

1. read Philipians and Job- Philipians talks about joy and peace and after reading Job its hard to think your life sucks
2. begin a relationship (not religion) with Christ
3. rest in God

S

sunshine_debbie

I'm constantly anxious too I suffer from depersonalization and panic disorder I have prayed for nearly a year about it but I think God simply doesn't give a crap about me anymore. I am probably to suffer this life then suffer hell.

I dont know what NJ was going to say, but I know what I am going to say. Please see a dr and try medication. God does miracles through medication sometimes. I have panic disorder and suffer from depersonalization when I have a panic attack. I also take medication,and when it is working, I feel much better.

As far as but I think God simply doesn't give a crap about me anymore. I am probably to suffer this life then suffer hell. I know how you feel, I really, really do. I have been so far down, I didnt think I was ever going to get back up off of the floor again. I think maybe you are being just a bit melodramatic and feeling sorry for yourself. Dont get me wrong, I understand why and I have done it myself. WHich is why when I say you are doing it, I have a little bit of credibility. Yes you have some emotional illnesses which God can help with. You need to see a doctor. But you and I both know that God loves you and while you may have suffering in your life, it is your suffering that brings you closer to God. And if you suffer in hell, that is your CHOICE. As long as you are saved and follow the Bible, you will not go to hell and you KNOW that. Try as hard as you can to trust what the Bible says and what you KNOW, not what you FEEL.

Feelings are temporary and unreliable. Try to talk through the feelings with words of wisdom and knowledge - the Bible has a lot of that. And try to stop feeling like you are falling off the edge of the world with noone to help you, because you are not.

Debbie

superdave5221

Jul 28, 2009
I mean, isn't this pretty much exactly the oppisite of what God wants for me? So how do I stop being this way?

Also would being the pretty much oppisite of that make it a lot to make frineds, maybe find a girlfriend, and help my social skills?
Luke 12: 22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? 27 "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. 32 "Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Jan 14, 2010
cast ALL anxieties on Him, for He cares about you
1 Peter 5:7

rebuke that depression, negativity, and worry in the name of Jesus Chrst.
give everything to God, and rest in His peace, knowing that the Most High God of Creation has you in the palm of His Hand. rest, knowing that your Creator has EVERYTHING under control, and rest in His grace that has saved you from the lake of fire... and pray to know Him more in everything that you do.

I bet this sounds difficult at first, but for 2 years, i was exactly the same, and it took the loss of a best friend to come to understand this first-hand:
Jesus Christ is the ONLY One who can replace the negative with the positive, the only One who can replace worry with peace, the only One who can replace depression with happiness and joy, and the only One who can help you truly relax in His Love

May 4, 2009
Even when I try to give God all my problems, it's like he doesn't take them or something...

Jan 14, 2010
when you ask from the heart... when you ask Him to take everything, that includes the chain and the metal cuff around your wrist, He will take it from you.

how much time do you send in the Word, dothackzero?
spending time in His Word replaces those thoughts with truth into your mind and heart... rebuke those thoughts that the enemy puts into your mind. take every thought captive that goes through your mind. do not give in to the lies that the enemy tells you... he will tell you anything to make you feel like crap.
my first suggestion is to memorize scripture that is based in encouragement...
1 Peter 5:6-11
Isaiah 41:10
Isaiah 54:10
Deuteronomy 31:6
Hebrews 13:5
Isaiah 40:28-31
Jeremiah 29:11
Psalm 119:49-50

there is so much more in His Word... memorize these, meditate on it, search the Word for more, and hide it in your heart, and say them out loud if needed. make these things concrete in your life, because His Word will NEVER pass away

the best advice i can give is read His Word, and meditate on it day and night... as much as possible. get involved with Christian friends, bible Studies, fellowship with one another, ask for prayer, encouragement, and have faith knowing that no matter what, Jesus Christ is still your Lord and Savior, and the Most High God has EVERYTHING under control, and will never let you go.

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
Let's see, I goto Chruch 2 times a week, I goto a Bible Study on Saturdays, I tend to spent a lot of time talking to God, I usually read a couple pages of the Bible per day, and I usually listen to one of Keith Moore's sermons once a day. Now I'm also starting to read Christian books that deal with anxiety, and deprssion stuff like that.

C

Clam

I personally understand your pain. I am also socially awkward and shy. What exactly are you worried, depressed and feeling negative about? Could you please be more specific if you don't mind.

Jan 14, 2010
Let's see, I goto Chruch 2 times a week, I goto a Bible Study on Saturdays, I tend to spent a lot of time talking to God, I usually read a couple pages of the Bible per day, and I usually listen to one of Keith Moore's sermons once a day. Now I'm also starting to read Christian books that deal with anxiety, and deprssion stuff like that.
dont give up on this habit :)
whenever you get these thoughts, dont dwell on them one bit... these thoughts are not your own. Rebuke them in the Name of Jesus. Ask God to take those thoughts away, and replace them with His peace and love, and again, have faith in knowing that God loves you, and will help you get through.

I'm like you, I struggle with social anxiety, depression, and in my past i have had extremely dark thoughts... very, VERY dark thoughts, but once I started to take hold of every thought that I had, and started to rebuke those thoughts, and rely on Him for comfort and peace, they slowly went away. I still struggle with them, but I don't give them the chance to ruin my day, because I know one beautiful thing: Jesus Christ is STILL my Lord and Savior, and God STILL has everything in control... it's a battle, but i rely on His strength to get me through the day, and I do get through it, because of His strength and Love for me.

Know that you are loved, and that God is available to talk to 24/7
im not an expert in this, so if these do persist, consider seeing a counselor... i did that, and he helped me a lot... he helped me understand who i was in Christ, and that Christ is the only One I need to go to.

I only want to see you beat these oppressive thoughts from the enemy, and if God can help me, I know 100% that He can and will help you

May 4, 2009
Actually I'm already seeing a Psycologist about it, actually I got pretty lucky it turns out she's a Christian and she's gonna be using the Bible as part of the therapy. ^_^

Jan 14, 2010
AMEN! :) that is VERY awesome to hear... listen to what she has to say... know that what you're experiencing is not only directed at your life.. there are other out there that struggle with this as well. I'm not saying that to put you down, I say it to let you know that i know how you feel, and it is possible to get through it :)

there is so much that has helped em get through the roughest times: christian music that applied directly to that point in life, real friends, and divine appointments from God. When you get these thoughts, rebuke them, then go out and find somethign to do to get your mind off of them... help another person who needs help or whatever. Another thing, when reading the Word, try reading it aloud... I find that it helps a LOT, especially psalms, because there's a lot of verses in paslms that reflect a lot of pain, but hope at the same time... sometimes, praise and worship time by yourself with God is absolutely amazing, and can be spiritually rejuvenating.

one more thing that has helped me recently: make a list for yourself during the day marking down every good thing that has happened during that day... it doesnt matter how small it is, whether it be simply hearing a bird sing, and hearing someone laugh, or seeing the blue sky... mark it down. Mark every single thing down that was good for that day, and if you get into one of those moods, read it back to yourself... you'll realize the day has actually been pretty good, and you still have an awesome and amazing God that will love you no matter what happens :)

I

iliveforHim

I'm a little bit afraid of you, Giantone...even your writing is huge!! <:(

(j/k) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.