How do you feel in regard to the Creator during the fights?
Do you feel like Asaph?
• Psa 77:1-3 -> “I cried to God with my voice, to God is my voice; and He gave ear to me. In the day of my trouble I sought Jehovah; my hand was poured in the night, and ceased not; my soul refused to be comforted. I remembered God, and was troubled; I complained, and my spirit fainted. Selah.”
I know that, in these moments, our lean is to get troubled. After all, if the Creator loves us and is close to us, why doesn’t he do something for us? However, think:
• Psa 77:7-9 -> “Will the Lord cast off forever? And will He be favorable no more? Is His mercy gone forever? Has His Word failed for all generations? Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has He in anger shut up His tender mercies? Selah.”.
Of course not! Nevertheless, where is He?
• Psa 77:13 -> “Your way, O God, is in holiness; who is so great a God as our God?”.
See that His way is in the sanctuary. It comes the question: are we being His sanctuary (as it is said in 1Cor 6:16; 6:19: 2Cor 6:16)? If yes, don’t fear! His path is amid the tempest and storm:
• Nah 1:3 -> “Jehovah is slow to anger, and great in power. And He does not by any means acquit the guilty. Jehovah has His way in the tempest and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.”.
• Psa 77:19 -> “Your way is in the sea, and Your path in the great waters, and Your footsteps are not known.”.
• 1Co 10:13 -> “No temptation has taken you but what is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but with the temptation also will make a way to escape, so that you may be able to bear it.”.
So, have a good night recollecting the Creator’s song in your heart (as Paul did in Acts 16:25):
• Psa 77:6 - > “I remember my song in the night; I speak with my own heart, and my spirit carefully searches.”.
Do you feel like Asaph?
• Psa 77:1-3 -> “I cried to God with my voice, to God is my voice; and He gave ear to me. In the day of my trouble I sought Jehovah; my hand was poured in the night, and ceased not; my soul refused to be comforted. I remembered God, and was troubled; I complained, and my spirit fainted. Selah.”
I know that, in these moments, our lean is to get troubled. After all, if the Creator loves us and is close to us, why doesn’t he do something for us? However, think:
• Psa 77:7-9 -> “Will the Lord cast off forever? And will He be favorable no more? Is His mercy gone forever? Has His Word failed for all generations? Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has He in anger shut up His tender mercies? Selah.”.
Of course not! Nevertheless, where is He?
• Psa 77:13 -> “Your way, O God, is in holiness; who is so great a God as our God?”.
See that His way is in the sanctuary. It comes the question: are we being His sanctuary (as it is said in 1Cor 6:16; 6:19: 2Cor 6:16)? If yes, don’t fear! His path is amid the tempest and storm:
• Nah 1:3 -> “Jehovah is slow to anger, and great in power. And He does not by any means acquit the guilty. Jehovah has His way in the tempest and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.”.
• Psa 77:19 -> “Your way is in the sea, and Your path in the great waters, and Your footsteps are not known.”.
• 1Co 10:13 -> “No temptation has taken you but what is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but with the temptation also will make a way to escape, so that you may be able to bear it.”.
So, have a good night recollecting the Creator’s song in your heart (as Paul did in Acts 16:25):
• Psa 77:6 - > “I remember my song in the night; I speak with my own heart, and my spirit carefully searches.”.