How do you know you got it right?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 10, 2011
I'd like to study them. Would you have any handy? I've looked over atheist compilations of contradictions before. If you have anything that would narrow that list down for us and that we could focus on it might make things interesting. And maybe we could clear them up. In other words, got any big ones that you've had problems with for a long time?

A good one, just off the top of my head. Read acts 9:1-30, then read Galatians 1:13-19.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I totally expect to catch some heat for this, but I am going to ask anyway.

How do you know that your religion (Christianity) is right?

Many religions make similar claims, many religions are older than Christianity.

Most religions are based on a very similar pretense. "Follow these rules or suffer forever"

For those of you who know me, I have done a great deal of study in mainly biblical studies, but a strong majority of other religions as well.

So, what are your thoughts?
I don't know what others have said, and I am too lazy to read the other posts....anywho...

For me it is based on faith. I am sure if I was raised around other religons I would most like worship that way, but luckily I was raised around Christianity.

Also, the bible has no error despite what some may hear about. If I have doubts or questions I go to the bible for answers. The bible ALWAYS has the answer. I may not always like what I read, but I know that it is the Godly way to live and how to deal with things.

I have not read other religous books, but I am willing to bet that there are contridictions in them, adn I do happen to know that a few of them have been edited throughout time. Like the Book of Mormon.

The bible doesn't change. Never has. Never will.

Nov 10, 2011
I don't know what others have said, and I am too lazy to read the other posts....anywho...

For me it is based on faith. I am sure if I was raised around other religons I would most like worship that way, but luckily I was raised around Christianity.

Also, the bible has no error despite what some may hear about. If I have doubts or questions I go to the bible for answers. The bible ALWAYS has the answer. I may not always like what I read, but I know that it is the Godly way to live and how to deal with things.

I have not read other religous books, but I am willing to bet that there are contridictions in them, adn I do happen to know that a few of them have been edited throughout time. Like the Book of Mormon.

The bible doesn't change. Never has. Never will.

I hate to argue with ya. But the bible has changed numerous times. And I have pointed out some errors and contradictions here in this thread.

I don't do it to try and turn people away from the Bible, or try to convert them to anything else. People just need to understand that the Bible, while it might have been inspired by God, was written by people. And people aren't perfect.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I hate to argue with ya. But the bible has changed numerous times. And I have pointed out some errors and contradictions here in this thread.

I don't do it to try and turn people away from the Bible, or try to convert them to anything else. People just need to understand that the Bible, while it might have been inspired by God, was written by people. And people aren't perfect.

There are no contridictions, and right now I am tired and dont feel like going through the thread to see what you posted(i had a house full of kids all day, and 3 of them were ADHD)

I will look into it later, and show you where people are mistaken when it comes to contridictions. The thing about the bible is you cant read just one or two verses and understand it. Sometimes you have to read a whole chapter to understand one point. I will admit it is easy to see where some may think there are contridictions.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
A good one, just off the top of my head. Read acts 9:1-30, then read Galatians 1:13-19.
I don't follow. In Acts here it talks about Paul going to Damascus and then to Jerusalem (it doesn't mention Arabia). In Galatians it talks about Paul going to (Arabia) Damascus and then to Jerusalem. If this is the contradiction you meant then I, myself, could suggest a more difficult one. Keep in mind that Arabia is not the same as Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is the name of an Arabic country. The southern portion of Syria, where Damascus is located, would probably have either been considered part of Arabia at that time or very near to it.

I took a class on Asia a couple of years back in college, and it was an interesting eye-opener. There's really no such thing as the Middle East just as there was no such thing as the Orient. The Orient is a concept that changed over the years, and its member countries and regions changed with it. Israel is currently part of the Middle East, but technically it's part of Asia. So I'd like to steer clear of judging ancient land delimitations based on modern constructs. Even the boundaries of countries are not always fixed when you get down to the nitty gritty details. I think there's enough leeway here to rule this out as a contradiction. But perhaps you meant to point me toward something else that I overlooked?

Last edited:
D

dishchat

I totally expect to catch some heat for this, but I am going to ask anyway.

How do you know that your religion (Christianity) is right?

Many religions make similar claims, many religions are older than Christianity.

Most religions are based on a very similar pretense. "Follow these rules or suffer forever"

For those of you who know me, I have done a great deal of study in mainly biblical studies, but a strong majority of other religions as well.

So, what are your thoughts?
I believe by faith and not by knowledge. I had experience with the God of the Bible. Other god did not reply to me. It is onlythe God of the Bible who reply me when i cry unto Him. The Bible is not a history for me. Everyday i can see it being manifest all around me. And also the Holy Spirit revealed the Bible to me.I am seal by the word of God. This is why I can say that the God of the Bible is the real God.