What I mean, is do you read it like literature, that can be understood plainly, with-in it's context or is it mystical, with hidden messages, that need special insights to understand them?
What does the literal translation of the Word mean to you?
What I mean, is do you read it like literature, that can be understood plainly, with-in it's context or is it mystical, with hidden messages, that need special insights to understand them?
What does the literal translation of the Word mean to you?
Here's what wisdom I was given for understanding the book of Revelation, get a full understanding of OT prophecy and there meanings and you will understand the book of Revelation. for instants. The mark of the beast, there have been many ideas put forth. Ezekiel talks about a mark to be put on the foreheads of people that mourn over the abominations that were being committed in the Temple. The mark of the beast is taken by people that honor the beast and his abominations in the Temple. I believe it's that simple. Do I know what all the other symbolism is? No!I believe the Bible is to be read in context, fluently and you should for the most part be able to understand it.
Of course though it will have mature content that will be something to read through carefully like revelations or any of the prophecies. These you may have to get wiser advice or help with to understand
Now since the word is living it can give people spiritual insights that seem so called mystical but really its just their stength in faith and relationship with God communicating through his word to our souls.
Usually a rule of thumb is, if your reading it and something dont sound right. Get help with it and pray about it. God gives us wisdom when we ask.
This is why men need a wife and women need a husband. Men see the logical parts, women see the spiritual part and they can correct each other when it comes to one not understanding.The Bible is supernatural, and has to be spiritually discerned. There is a literal aspect, but a spiritual one as well. The Bible is a "Him" book. It is all about Christ. Some things are easier to see, such as the passover lamb being a picture of the Savior. Other things are more difficult to ascertain, such as the groom as Christ in the Song of Solomon.
I don't read it as often as I should, to my great shame.
I think men see the spiritual parts too, if the man knows Christ as Savior. All Christians can spiritually discern the Bible.This is why men need a wife and women need a husband. Men see the logical parts, women see the spiritual part and they can correct each other when it comes to one not understanding.
Yes I do, everything is literal as to it's genre, poetic, literal poetic interpretation, historical, literal historical interpretation, parable, literal parabolic interpretation, proverbs, literal wisdom.The Bible says some people wrestle with scriptures,and some passages would be hard to understand than others.
Some things in the Bible can be understood without the Spirit,and some things can only be understood by the Spirit.
The Bible says some people are ever learning,and never able to come to the truth,for they deny the Spirit leading them,and the biggest thing people do not come to the truth concerning the Bible is to abstain from sin,which is they do not want sin,and hate sin,and can abstain from sin by the Spirit,that is why Jesus said not all who say Lord will dwell with Him,and the ones who could not were workers of iniquity,and all who name the name of Christ has to depart from iniquity.
That is the biggest thing people do not get is to abstain from sin,and the flesh gets in the way of interpreting the scriptures more than any other book,and that is because all other books are from the flesh,and the Bible from the Spirit,and a lot of people get their flesh in the way,and that is why there is so many different interpretations,for the flesh would not get in the way of books of the flesh,for they are the flesh,and if so,not so much as the Bible.
I look at the Bible as literal,and things that are symbolic,as literal,explaining it in the best way they knew how to explain it back then,and that is why they word it as such,like birds flying,fighter jets,and the Jews won the 6 day war,and took control of Jerusalem,or modern day weapons as having women's hair,for it represents power and glory.
I believe for the most part of the Bible it can be explained plainly,but some things have to be explained by the Spirit,for the flesh will not accept it according to the flesh.Only someone led of the Spirit can understand it in its entirety,for the flesh does not get in the way,and being led of the Spirit they will accept what it says,for people in the flesh will not entirely want to accept it for what it states.
But whether someone reads it without the Spirit,or with the Spirit,I believe it is all plain to see,and not obscure like some people believe,but the flesh will interpret it wrongly,and a lot of people do not have the Spirit,so while it is there plain,they do not look at it for what it really is.
2+2=4 is plain for everyone to see,and the Spirit will relate it as such,but the flesh will believe 2+2=3,if you know what I mean.
Also people that skip around the Bible may have a hard time understanding some things in their entirety,for they cannot piece together enough information,but those that read through the Bible will be able to piece it together better,and get a bigger picture of things.
I read the Bible as it is,and look at it as it is all laid out plain and simple to see,but it is the flesh that obscures the truth,because the flesh will not want to believe all that is written in the Bible,and will not accept it,and actually cannot understand some things,although it is all laid out plain and simple.
What I mean, is do you read it like literature, that can be understood plainly, with-in it's context or is it mystical, with hidden messages, that need special insights to understand them?
What does the literal translation of the Word mean to you?
What I mean, is do you read it like literature, that can be understood plainly, with-in it's context or is it mystical, with hidden messages, that need special insights to understand them?
What does the literal translation of the Word mean to you?
Amen!!! when reading the healing miracle I see the grace of God in them. He heals the blind, II Corinthians 4:4 satan has blinded us so that we can not see the Gospel. Healing the lame, He heals us so that we can walk in the works He has prepared for us., Ephesians 2:10 and much more, keep those in mind or let the Spirit show them top you as you read the Gospels.I read it plainly in the hopes of seeing Jesus in every detail or story in the verses. Almost every time the verses are very personal hidden behind symbolisms and parables. It's always amazing how some verses that have been read before have a revelation of Jesus' love and grace after another read. The literal translation of the Word to me is Jesus.
You're right, I should of put interpretation.Actually, both ways.
I apply the "mystical, hidden images" much more on the OT than on the NT, but I think that the whole Bible has several layers.
I do not think that the mystical approach is possible with a translation.
This is true, we still view it logically was well. It has to fit in the box of our think at that time. I see God's grace through out the Bible, even in the OT. I remember I was part of a discipleship class where we were going through the Bible, using a book by Stringfellow. We were at the book of judges and the pastor started the study and about 10 minutes in I said if that isn't grace and mercy I don't know what is. He slammed his book shut and said this class is over. I seen grace and he seen judgement.I think men see the spiritual parts too, if the man knows Christ as Savior. All Christians can spiritually discern the Bible.
It'll come as the Spirit leads. A book that helped me greatly when I first started studying the Bible was a book called the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge 2nd edition, I don't think they print it anymore.I am on my second reading of the Bible from Gen 1 through Rev 22. The first time I read it like any other book. I read the story and got out of it what I could. This second time, I am reading it very, very, very critically and referencing what I read with other info to see if what is there is real or just something people have taken out of context to create a doctrine out of. I hope that years form now after many more readings that I will have some knowledge of the Bible and be able to speak intelligently about it. Not so much yet though.
This is why men need a wife and women need a husband. Men see the logical parts, women see the spiritual part and they can correct each other when it comes to one not understanding.
What I mean, is do you read it like literature, that can be understood plainly, with-in it's context or is it mystical, with hidden messages, that need special insights to understand them?
What does the literal translation of the Word mean to you?