How do you really feel about children?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

Oh, sore point with me. Well, not sore. Current pain point. Or something like that.

I never thought I wanted kids. Or, more specifically, I always thought I would eventually have kids -- and the husband to go with them -- but it never happened. But it didn't really bother me all that much, I enjoy being "Auntie" to several kids, 2 of which are my sister's sons, others are good friends' kids. Until recently that is. But, since I am 40, and haven't dated anyone in 5 years ... well, do the math. Not going to happen. So, I am permenantly Auntie.

Would I date someone with kids? Yes. Most folks my age have kids. Ages and how many will influence my decision of course. A bigger deal breaker for me though is if he smokes. I would want to know why he's single, and what the custody arrangements are, and how aminicable the arrangements are. It shows what kind of man he is, how that situation was handled to a certain degree.
I guess it all depends on where God leads me at this point! :)
It absolutely does, doesn't it? :)

J

Jullianna

I'm not all gaga for kids. I really don't see what the big deal is all about. I'd have to take it on a case by case basis.
If I'd read this before now I would have asked you to marry me. :D We could have used highlighters to decorate the white van and everything. :p

F

Faeriecat

It absolutely does, doesn't it? :)
Yes it does. Becoming single again -- through divorce or the death of a spouse, either way -- is stressful. And changes a person. How he/she handles it -- or doesn't -- tells you something about that person.

melissak86

Jun 30, 2010
I don't have kids but do want them someday. I don't think I would be comfortable dating someone with children, but I am sure the older I get I may have to change this opinion ;)

T

thimsrebma

I am so super excited about being a mommy in the future. I want to birth as many kids as possible an I also plan on adopting.

I would date someone with children but know it would be difficult as sometimes dealing with ex's can be especially with younger children.

J

Jullianna

Ms Amber, I pray you get to raise lots and lots of babies who know how to properly store their crayons :) You'd be a cool mom.