How do you recover correctly after sinning?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 4, 2021
I have noticed that when we sin, it separates us from God. This is understandable, but after we repent from whatever sin we have committed how can we restore this relationship and closeness to God again that we once had before? Sometimes I struggle with recovering well after sinning, especially with condemnation, etc. I don't want to despise God's discipline by allowing myself to feel hopeless. I think it's good I fear the Lord and I thank God for that greatly and I never want to feel comfortable with sin, but sometimes I allow that fear to become more than it should be by feeling condemned.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I recover by telling God that I am sorry. God forgives sin to those that are sorry and confess it. At that point He no longer sees the sin and we appear as white as snow in His eyes. Now, you may still have guilt and maybe ask once again for forgiveness for the same sin. The thing is, God no longer remembers that. He would scratch His head and wonder what it was that you committed in the first place.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
When we repent, we need to accept God's forgiveness.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
You are touching on an issue that eventually haunts nearly very Christian; how many times will the father forgive the prodigal son? Once, twice? Some may say 70 X 7 but that is the standard that Messiah gave us humans. We manage to forgive once or twice, maybe even seven, but then our pride creeps in and we can't go no much further. It's difficult for us to accept that God accepts true repentance more than 70 X 7 times. He is not mocked nor fooled but He also understands our weakness, the world and what is in our hearts. This is a truth we sinners can struggle to accept, yet is it not most amazing?

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
if your Born Again God has already forgiven your Sins ----we are Holy and Heaven Bound --We will still miss the mark (sin) but God does not impute that sin on us anymore -----and when we do sin we need to just confess with out mouth that we fell off the wagon and then pick ourselves up and get right back on the wagon -----Satan will try and keep your mind feeling guilty and condemned --so you need to cast out those thoughts and know that God sees you as Holy and Righteous ------So you need to know your enemy and how he works -----we are in a Spiritual War every day in our mind ------Satan can only attack our mind ----and we need to learn to cast down bad thoughts---and keep Satan at bay ------

So our sins are already forgiven ---we just confess our sin out loud as speaking out loud is saying we know we have missed the mark and now we putting it under your feet and trampling it into the dust -

And we need to know that we can call on God's Grace to help us in our weakness ------Paul was being harassed by one of Satan's tribes and he ask God 3 times to take this burden away from him =====

This is God's reply ------2 Corinthians 12 ---NIV ---see verse 9 below -----

Paul’s Vision and His Thorn
12 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. 5 I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. 6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, 7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.

8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

i say ----Knowing who we are in Christ is very important and will help us have the confidence and strength we need to keep us as much as possible away from sinning ----but when we do --we need to confess and carry on with Maturing in our walk with Christ

Hope this helps in some small way ----Blessing

Jun 12, 2021
I have noticed that when we sin, it separates us from God. This is understandable, but after we repent from whatever sin we have committed how can we restore this relationship and closeness to God again that we once had before? Sometimes I struggle with recovering well after sinning, especially with condemnation, etc. I don't want to despise God's discipline by allowing myself to feel hopeless. I think it's good I fear the Lord and I thank God for that greatly and I never want to feel comfortable with sin, but sometimes I allow that fear to become more than it should be by feeling condemned.
Freedom from sin=True gospel=After God gave me the Holy Spirit, I found proof that TV, movies, novels, music, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons and Christian music words that gives messages. I found out that in them there is lying, stealing, adultery (Matthew 5:28 looking at someone with lust is adultery), fornication which is sex before marriage, revenge, murder, jealousy, pride=self-pity, hypocrisy, using God’s name in vain as a curse word, they are all idols (breaks 2nd Commandment) because most people can’t live without them and they love them more than God and more. Just read the 10 commandments for a list.

Are you God's elect(God will give you the Holy Spirit) or nonelect(you will reject the Holy Spirit)?

link below to continue.

https://christianchat.com/testimoni...s-except-christian-stuff.199651/#post-4583333

Oct 5, 2021
You just tell God am sorry and believe he has forgiven you, thats it!!!