How do you save something.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
My apologies for editing your post to just this, but that site option seems to be very limited in the amount of posts that can be saved that way :unsure: Unless I am wrong ;)

And you are welcome :)
Thanks Magenta!

I didn't realize there was a limit... I had thought there was a limit as to how far back you can search one's post as well but I kept hitting "See More" and it went way beyond what I had originally thought (in fact, I had to give up trying to see how far back I could go because ran out of time.) I was going through some old posts and found a "See More" option that seemed to go beyond the regular page limit, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not sure how many bookmarks can be saved -- I just checked mine, and while it doesn't list the number of posts I have saved (unless I missed that too!), I currently have 8 pages of bookmarks on individual posts.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Hello,

I really appreciate the tips given here.

Maybe this has been mentioned already, but this newer version of CC does allow you to bookmark individual posts. I'm sorry I can't give the wonderful pictorial directions that Magenta and posthuman are giving, but if you look at the right hand corner of the post, there is the post number and a small, "upside-down flag" right next to it.

If you click on that "flag", it will give you an option to bookmark the post and even make a note about it. I'm not sure what the "Sticky" function is (maybe it saves that post at the top of your bookmarks?) but the public function makes it either viewable to just you, or to anyone that is able to check your profile.

Then if you go to your profile, there should be a bookmark option among the list of all the other things in your profile such as "Media" and "About."

There should be a bookmark listing as well, which will then display your marked posts in pages.

Hope this helps... Sorry I don't know my way around technology enough to be able to post pictures with arrows or circles. :(
ahaha can you believe i never even noticed that XD

pictorial directions made with microsoft snipping tool. if you run windows, it's a built-in program & very easy to use -- very useful :)

i just bookmarked 4 posts out of this thread, but i don't see them in my profile under bookmarks. that only shows threads?
but i can access them by clicking here:

1.JPG

when i click that, i get this:

2.JPG

and when i click "show all" it includes both posts & threads that i've bookmarked.

i noticed that when bookmarking the 1st page in a thread, it counts as bookmarking the thread.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thanks Magenta!

I didn't realize there was a limit... I had thought there was a limit as to how far back you can search one's post as well but I kept hitting "See More" and it went way beyond what I had originally thought (in fact, I had to give up trying to see how far back I could go because ran out of time.) I was going through some old posts and found a "See More" option that seemed to go beyond the regular page limit, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not sure how many bookmarks can be saved -- I just checked mine, and while it doesn't list the number of posts I have saved (unless I missed that too!), I currently have 8 pages of bookmarks on individual posts.
I believe the limit is 200 posts, over ten pages of 20 posts each :) That would be for your own content/post stream, or any other site content you are using regardless of the criteria. Like, if you are doing a site search for a specific word used in all posts, if there are that many (200) or more, it will only show you the last 200. Same for doing a search of a particular person's posts: only the last 200 will show up, or a particular person using a specific word. The more unique the word the less results you will get, which narrows down the resultant list considerably :)

Oh, I was not referring to browser bookmarks but the site function of saving certain posts, to the right of the notifications' bell :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
pictorial directions made with microsoft snipping tool. if you run windows, it's a built-in program & very easy to use -- very useful :)
i just bookmarked 4 posts out of this thread, but i don't see them in my profile under bookmarks. that only shows threads?

and when i click "show all" it includes both posts & threads that i've bookmarked.

i noticed that when bookmarking the 1st page in a thread, it counts as bookmarking the thread.
Can you save more than three, or is three the limit? :unsure:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I see they are numbered up to 4. Is four the limit? :unsure:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Hope this helps... Sorry I don't know my way around technology enough to be able to post pictures with arrows or circles. :(
snipping tool is SO useful!

this only applies if you have a desktop or laptop running any version of Windows, but if you do:

1.JPG

1: hit the windows button
2: search for "snipping tool"
3: right-click on the program and either send to desktop ((create a shortcut there)) or pin to start menu or to taskbar ((i pinned to taskbar))

then, click the program whenever you want a screenshot of something -- but not the whole screen. it opens up and lets you select any part of your screen you want to copy.

3.JPG

once you select something, it looks like this:

2.JPG

you can see, you have options to either draw on it ((you can change pen color and size)) to highlight something, or to directly email it, or save. i usually just save images to my desktop ((easy to drag & drop into web forms)) and delete the pics when i'm done with whatever it is i'm using the pictures for.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I see they are numbered up to 4. Is four the limit? :unsure:
4's just as many as i tried before i decided i'd tried enough, because it was more than 3 :LOL:

they're numbered because that's the 'note' i put with them when i saved them, 1, 2, 3, 4

seoulsearch says she has 8 pages of them -- :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
4's just as many as i tried before i decided i'd tried enough, because it was more than 3 :LOL:

seoulsearch says she has 8 pages of them -- :D
Using the icon between the little bell for notifications and the magnifying glass search function, I cannot save that many, and I did try LOL, four may have been the limit and maybe I deleted one, to make room probably, but being that it is so limited, it is rather useless to me heehee. Can you try to save one more just to see if you are allowed to? Please? :D

I think @seoulsearch was talking about browser favorites? There is probably no limit to how many of those you can save, but the trick then is in finding the one you want after the list gets so long :LOL: Thankfully, the order can be re-arranged :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

View attachment 217889

View attachment 217890

Ok, one of these days I'm going to have to learn how to use this fancy schmancy doohickey myself. :D

This whole system of bookmarking is very confusing.

1. I'd never tried it the way Magenta suggested -- clicking the flag, which brings up only a few bookmarks, but if you hit Show All, it shows you all your bookmarks in page form.

2. It also does this if you are in the forums and click on your avatar in the right hand corner (and your "info box" shows up) -- "Bookmarks" is at the bottom of the list on the right hand side. If you click on this, it will also list your bookmarks in page form.

BUT,

3. When I followed my own (first) advice, clicking on my actual username and bringing up my entire profile, then clicking on "Bookmarks" from the horizontal list under your avatar, it only brought up the first 2 bookmarks I had marked!!!

I have no idea why.

And now I'm going to have to stop before I just wind up confusing myself! :censored:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Ok, now I need to ask (I'm really falling down the rabbit hole here :LOL:,) how do we rearrange the order?
Click the one you want to move and drag it up or down to group it with similar topics :)

This is browser bookmarks, right? :geek:

Yeah, the CC site bookmarks takes you to the page with links from the little icon second from the right at the top of every page.

Haha I am starting to feel like I am falling down a rabbit hole, too :LOL::ROFL::giggle::giggle::giggle::ROFL::LOL:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Using the icon between the little bell for notifications and the magnifying glass search function, I cannot save that many, and I did try LOL, four may have been the limit and maybe I deleted one, to make room probably, but being that it is so limited, it is rather useless to me heehee. Can you try to save one more just to see if you are allowed to? Please? :D
i tried two more, didn't hit a cap. checked to make sure all 6 were there, and they were. to delete one you hit 'edit' while looking at the list of them that 'show all' brings up, then you have to confirm you really want to delete.

this may be the most convenient option for @seed_time_harvest

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That is good to know @posthuman thank you! That is very convenient (y)

My data bank has been upgraded :LOL::devilish:

You can name them like "Friends" episodes ;)

The one where so-and-so says such and such LOL :giggle:

Hmmm now I wonder why I could not save more :unsure::cry::unsure::geek::giggle:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
i tried two more, didn't hit a cap. checked to make sure all 6 were there, and they were. to delete one you hit 'edit' while looking at the list of them that 'show all' brings up, then you have to confirm you really want to delete.

this may be the most convenient option for @seed_time_harvest
I still cannot make out how to add any more to the ones I have already saved (3 only). Help?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
The "upside-down flag" is a bookmark - or, the end of it that hangs out of a book from between two pages . . . ;)

:)
Yup.

I used the upside down flag as a visual and not literal description because I know that's how my brain works and thought it might be helpful for others if they think that way, too. 🙂

After, don't men always say God made them visual?! 😁