How does Satan keep getting unbound?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Satan will be bound when God Angel binds him in chains and casts him into the bottomless pit.. That will happen in the future during the times of the return of Jesus.. Before that anyone who claims they are binding satan is clearly making a false claim..

Yes there are followers of God who can Bind Demons.. Jesus himself did this during his time on earth.. But Jesus never bound satan during his ministry..

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Satan will be bound when God Angel binds him in chains and casts him into the bottomless pit.. That will happen in the future during the times of the return of Jesus.. Before that anyone who claims they are binding satan is clearly making a false claim..

Yes there are followers of God who can Bind Demons.. Jesus himself did this during his time on earth.. But Jesus never bound satan during his ministry..
Jesus bound satan so that people wouldn't be deceived by him any more. People who believe in Jesus aren't deceived any more.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Jesus bound satan so that people wouldn't be deceived by him any more. People who believe in Jesus aren't deceived any more.
Peter would not make this warning if this were true

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

P

pottersclay

Ok I'll get some flak for this.

We are called to stand in the gap between the unregenerated and Christ. As Christ stands in the gap as high priest between us and the father.
As even michael the archangel of God says the Lord rebuke you.
We have been given power and authority from on high as priest and ambassadors of Christ to carry out his ministry.
Our mission is to preach and teach and if given the discernment of obsession, or possession to act upon it. To loose the chains that bind.
Only in Christ name can this be done. It is Jesus alone who rebukes and cleans the occupied house.

As Jesus said "you can do nothing without me".
To say I rebuke you is contrary.

Aug 2, 2021
Mat 18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

Mat 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Does the binding and loosing promise apply to ALL believers... or to the disciples, with whom Jesus was privately speaking when He said these words?
The promises are to ALL Sanctified, Spirit filled Believers.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Now that I think about it, where in the New Testament does it even teach believers to bind Satan. Battle him yes. But bind him? I don't recall this even being taught.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Peter would not make this warning if this were true

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
Our Lord bound satan by being sober and vigilant. In speayof the devil, Paul said,

we are not ignorant of his devices. 2Cor.2:11

Paul wasn't deceived anymore.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Our Lord bound satan by being sober and vigilant. In speayof the devil, Paul said,

we are not ignorant of his devices. 2Cor.2:11

Paul wasn't deceived anymore.
Paul was not

But peter still warned the rest of us we can be decieved.

If you think you can not be decieved you are in serious danger

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Now that I think about it, where in the New Testament does it even teach believers to bind Satan. Battle him yes. But bind him? I don't recall this even being taught.
what power do we have to Bind satan?

Was it not Jesus who told Peter he had to keep Satan from tearing him to shreds?

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Right. Paul wasn't deceived by satan anymore.

But peter still warned the rest of us we can be decieved.
Peter taught if we're sober and vigilant in following our Lord we won't be deceived.

If you think you can not be decieved you are in serious danger
If we're walking in the light, we can't be deceived.

The Bible never says there will come a time when people will no longer be deveived no matter what they do.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Right. Paul wasn't deceived by satan anymore.

Peter taught if we're sober and vigilant in following our Lord we won't be deceived.
Yes IF....

Thats shows we CAN still be decieved. if we are not being vigilant and on alert

Remember angel comes as an angel of light, that is how most are deceived

If we're walking in the light, we can't be deceived.

The Bible never says there will come a time when people will no longer be deveived no matter what they do.
Actually yes the bible does teach of a time were satan will be bound and will not be able to decieve..

Rev 20 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Yes IF....

Thats shows we CAN still be decieved. if we are not being vigilant and on alert

Remember angel comes as an angel of light, that is how most are deceived

Actually yes the bible does teach of a time were satan will be bound and will not be able to decieve..

Rev 20 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.
The time for gentiles not to be deceived is now by faith in Jesus. No one who commits to Jesus is deceived by satan.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
The time for gentiles not to be deceived is now by faith in Jesus. No one who commits to Jesus is deceived by satan.
Time of gentiles not to be deceived?

Satan is bound after the time of the gentiles so I am not sure what you are saying

again, We would not be warned we could be deceived if it were not possible. If I were you and anyone else. I would heed the warning.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Time of gentiles not to be deceived?

Satan is bound after the time of the gentiles so I am not sure what you are saying

again, We would not be warned we could be deceived if it were not possible. If I were you and anyone else. I would heed the warning.
I am heeding the warning. So are you. We're not deceived now.

The time for the world not to be deceived any longer is now, because of the truth our Lord showed the world.

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020

The time for the world not to be deceived any longer is now, because of the truth our Lord showed the world.
Yes, but not everyone knows the truth, and sometimes our lack of faith will cause satan to deceive us.

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such a one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
James 4:7 says we are to
submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

When we are obedient to God satan will flee. But he will come back again, and we have to keep resisting him.

Luke 4:13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.

Did God command us to rebuke or bind satan?

Jude 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil and disputing about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke thee!”

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
We've all heard it. Preachers preaching we just need to bind Satan. So if so many people have bound him how does he keep getting unbound? Is there someone going around unbinding him? Seems to me we ought to find that guy first.

Kenneth Copeland bound COVI-19. Did someone go behind him and unbind it?

Blasphemous

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Yes, but not everyone knows the truth,
Not everyone is going to believe the truth after hearing it. Our Savior won't be returning to begin teaching the world what he's teaching the world now.99

and sometimes our lack of faith will cause satan to deceive us.

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such a one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
The point is that if we walk with Jesus, satan can't deceive us.
Satan being bound doesn't mean he can no longer tempt anyone. It means he's incapable of deceiving us, despite his tactics.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021

If you think you can not be decieved, You are not heeding the warning.

The time for the world not to be decieved will be when satan is bound in the bottomless pit so he can not decieve the nations for 1000 years. When he will be released, and decieve people once more and gather an army, which will be defeated by Christ, and then we have the end