How does Satan keep getting unbound?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2020
James 4:7 says we are to
submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

When we are obedient to God satan will flee. But he will come back again, and we have to keep resisting him.

Luke 4:13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.

Did God command us to rebuke or bind satan?

Jude 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil and disputing about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke thee!”
According to Jude 9, we're not supposed to make "railing accusations" against the devil. The New Testament uses the word blasphēmia in Jude 9 for railing. So that word means blasphemy and evil speaking. Instead, "rebuke" the devil. That means to censure, admonish, forbid, and/or charge.

Mar 4, 2020
Just food for thought, does the devil like it when Christians believe they cannot be deceived? How many Christians do you know who believe in their hearts they are impervious to deception, but believe in doctrines of demons?

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
Just food for thought, does the devil like it when Christians believe they cannot be deceived? How many Christians do you know who believe in their hearts they are impervious to deception, but believe in doctrines of demons?
Right. I think the person who is aware of the possibility that satan can deceive them will actually be the ones who are on high alert.

Satan is using the pastors and prophets to deceive many with their wrong teachings. And its not that some of these people are evil its just that they may not have a proper inderstanding. Rom 10:2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.

It was said that Billy Graham never travelled without his wife to avoid adultery. He saw what had happened to other pastors, and did not think himself so perfect that the same couldnt happen to him.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
If you think you can not be decieved, ....
I never said this. You're distorting what I said. What I said was if we're following our Lord, we can't be deceived. Jesus isn't going to lead his followers into deception.

The time for the world not to be decieved will be when satan is bound in the bottomless pit so he can not decieve the nations for 1000 years. When he will be released, and decieve people once more and gather an army, which will be defeated by Christ, and then we have the end
The "bottomless pit " isn't a physical location. It's the place which can never be filled. A void that is never satisfied. Like this,

Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied. Pro.27:20

He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this isalso vanity. Ecc.5:10

The devil is trapped in futility already.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I never said this. You're distorting what I said. What I said was if we're following our Lord, we can't be deceived. Jesus isn't going to lead his followers into deception. [.quote]
is this true?
Jesus bound satan so that people wouldn't be deceived by him any more. People who believe in Jesus aren't deceived any more.
You point blank said believers are not deceived,

The "bottomless pit " isn't a physical location. It's the place which can never be filled. A void that is never satisfied. Like this,

Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied. Pro.27:20

He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this isalso vanity. Ecc.5:10

The devil is trapped in futility already.
The devil is not bound right now. a simple look at the world should prove this to you

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Maybe its time to re-read the Bible

Like from cover to cover and then sort out truth from fiction (or mixed up Bible interpretations that other people have)

If it was me I wouldnt be going to every you-tube video trying to confirm what I read in the Bible. Its the other way round, I'd be just reading the Bible and ignoring all the you tube videos. It is not essential to our faith to watch tv.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
You point blank said believers are not deceived,
Yes, that's what I said. Believers follow Christ. I'm not talking about Christians who falter a bit. I was referring to people who don't want anything to do with Jesus.

The devil is not bound right now. a simple look at the world should prove this to you
You're looking at the world from a worldly point of view. Committing sin isn't freedom. It's bondage,

While they promise them liberty, they themselves arethe servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 2Pet.2:19

Jesus answered them, "I tell you the solemn truth, everyone who practices sin is a slave of sin. Jn.8:34

The devil is a slave in bindage from which he has no escape.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Yes, that's what I said. Believers follow Christ. I'm not talking about Christians who falter a bit. I was referring to people who don't want anything to do with Jesus.
Then you agree satan is not bound

You're looking at the world from a worldly point of view. Committing sin isn't freedom. It's bondage,

While they promise them liberty, they themselves arethe servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 2Pet.2:19

Jesus answered them, "I tell you the solemn truth, everyone who practices sin is a slave of sin. Jn.8:34

The devil is a slave in bindage from which he has no escape.
I am look at the word from Gods perspective.

its not about sin, Its about Satan being bound and unable to decieve nations.. its about the world living in peace with our savior as king.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Then you agree satan is not bound
Not to the unfaithful.

I am look at the word from Gods perspective.

its not about sin, Its about Satan being bound and unable to decieve nations.. its about the world living in peace with our savior as king.
The world isn't going to live in peace with our Savior.

Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. Mt.10:34

Only people who trust in him will,

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Jn.14:27

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Not to the unfaithful.

The world isn't going to live in peace with our Savior.
Then you do not know the word. It will live in peace when christ returns. The lion will lay with the lamb, the bay will be with the serpent, and non will be killed. Because peace will be restored. AFTER the day of the wrath of God and Satan is bound.

Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. Mt.10:34

Only people who trust in him will,

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Jn.14:27
He did not, the first time, but read the scripture. There will be a time when he does come to bring peace.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Then you do not know the word. It will live in peace when christ returns. The lion will lay with the lamb, the bay will be with the serpent, andI non will be killed. Because peace will be restored. AFTER the day of the wrath of God and Satan is bound.
I quoted our Lord saying he gives us his peace now.,

And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Phl.4:7

He did not, the first time, but read the scripture. There will be a time when he does come to bring peace.
In his holy mountain, not the entire world. His holy mountain is in Christ,

But ye are comeunto mount Sion, and unto the cityof the living God, the heavenlyJerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, Heb.12:22

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I quoted our Lord saying he gives us his peace now.,

And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Phl.4:7
Thats not because satan is bound, it is because we have peace in christ knowing we have eternal life, and no matter what satan does, it is nothing compaired to eternity.

In his holy mountain, not the entire world. His holy mountain is in Christ,

But ye are comeunto mount Sion, and unto the cityof the living God, the heavenlyJerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, Heb.12:22
again my friend, You need to study OT prophecies again.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
again my friend, You need to study OT prophecies again.
I'm studying them according to what the Messiah taught. Most Jewish people believe the Messiah has not come yet. They believe the entire world will live in peace under his rule, but this isn't what Jesus taught. I just showed you what he said and you're ignoring it.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I'm studying them according to what the Messiah taught. Most Jewish people believe the Messiah has not come yet. They believe the entire world will live in peace under his rule, but this isn't what Jesus taught. I just showed you what he said and you're ignoring it.
I am not concerned with what the jews think, I am concerned with what the Bible says

The OT speaks of a king messiah and a suffering servant, the way it is written is so that it would be a mystery, there is no way to see them both as the same person (we can see it today, but in Jesus day, they could not. and that was planned)

Jesus fulfilled the sifferent servant prophecies. He has yet to fulfill the messianic prophesies.

If you study Jesu, you will find a time where he read from the prophets. He shows them that today was that day. He stopped mid way through the prophecy he did not say it all..

Luke 4: 16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me [i]to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are [j]oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”
20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

But look at the actual prophecy

Is 61:
The Good News of Salvation
61 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to [a]heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,

If you look to here. Jesus fulfilled this in his time on earth. But read ahead

And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To [b]console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”

4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.
5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
And the sons of the foreigner
Shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6 But you shall be named the priests of the Lord,
They shall call you the servants of our God.
You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles,
And in their glory you shall boast.
7 Instead of your shame you shall have double honor,
And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.
Therefore in their land they shall possess double;
Everlasting joy shall be theirs.

No of this has been fillfilled yet. that is why Jesus did not read on.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I am not concerned with what the jews think, I am concerned with what the Bible says

The OT speaks of a king messiah and a suffering servant, the way it is written is so that it would be a mystery, there is no way to see them both as the same person (we can see it today, but in Jesus day, they could not. and that was planned)

Jesus fulfilled the sifferent servant prophecies. He has yet to fulfill the messianic prophesies.

If you study Jesu, you will find a time where he read from the prophets. He shows them that today was that day. He stopped mid way through the prophecy he did not say it all..

Luke 4: 16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me [i]to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are [j]oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”
20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

But look at the actual prophecy

Is 61:
The Good News of Salvation
61 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to [a]heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,

If you look to here. Jesus fulfilled this in his time on earth. But read ahead

And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To [b]console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”

4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.
5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
And the sons of the foreigner
Shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6 But you shall be named the priests of the Lord,
They shall call you the servants of our God.
You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles,
And in their glory you shall boast.
7 Instead of your shame you shall have double honor,
And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.
Therefore in their land they shall possess double;
Everlasting joy shall be theirs.

No of this has been fillfilled yet. that is why Jesus did not read on.
It's being fulfilled this way,

And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. vs.5

Feed the flock of God which is among you 1Pet.5:2

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood 1Pet.2:5

Jesus doesnt being doing these things upon his return. He transforms what has been done.

Of course he didn't come to seek vengence. That happens when he returns,

and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn vs.2

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ 2Thes.1:7-8

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
There are a lot of folks out there binding Satan besides Kenneth Copeland. You'd think by now he'd be pretty secure; nevertheless he apparently keeps getting unbound because people continue to bind him.
maybe if you bind something 2 times it turns into an unbind; kind of like taking left turns?

so what would be needed is to somehow make sure the total number of bindings is evenly divisible by 4 . . . :unsure:

i think we need a global binding register, & some oversight

May 22, 2020
Maybe its time to re-read the Bible

Like from cover to cover and then sort out truth from fiction (or mixed up Bible interpretations that other people have)

If it was me I wouldnt be going to every you-tube video trying to confirm what I read in the Bible. Its the other way round, I'd be just reading the Bible and ignoring all the you tube videos. It is not essential to our faith to watch tv.

Yes...stick with the Bible...KJV 1611 edition is valued.

Read and when finished start again.
We are reminded that God reveals understanding as we are able to receive it. Therefore revealing progresses as we become more understanding of the Bible.
Never stop reading God's word.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
It's being fulfilled this way,

And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers. vs.5

Feed the flock of God which is among you 1Pet.5:2

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood 1Pet.2:5

Jesus doesnt being doing these things upon his return. He transforms what has been done.

Of course he didn't come to seek vengence. That happens when he returns,

and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn vs.2

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ 2Thes.1:7-8
Ok if you say so.

Good day sir.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
It's really astounding how the Bible tells us the manner in which Jesus is returning and have people who say they believe the Bible say, "No he isn't."
its really astounding that people can read the word. and totally fail to comprehend what the word says.

It goes both ways my friend.