How does Satan keep getting unbound?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
its really astounding that people can read the word. and totally fail to comprehend what the word says.

It goes both ways my friend.
Except I addressed the very scripture you cited. There is no way for you to explain how Christ returns with the holy angels in fire, taking vengence on those who don't know him.
You believe his reign begins at the 2nd coming? That's when his reign in merciful patience over the unsaved ends.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Except I addressed the very scripture you cited. There is no way for you to explain how Christ returns with the holy angels in fire, taking vengence on those who don't know him.
You believe his reign begins at the 2nd coming? That's when his reign in merciful patience over the unsaved ends.
you twist scripture to your own distorted view

Scripture tells us when Christ returns, there will be so many dead the birds will feast on the dead

Rev 19: 17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the [h]supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, [i]free and slave, both small and great.”
19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
you twist scripture to your own distorted view
I'm interpreting the scriptures by what Jesus taught.

Scripture tells us when Christ returns, there will be so many dead the birds will feast on the dead

Rev 19: 17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the [h]supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, [i]free and slave, both small and great.”
19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.
This passage is describing the battle of Gog and Magog found in Eze.39, which takes place after the thousand years reign of Christ (Rev.20:7-8).

the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. Jn.12:48

This is the sword that proceeds from the mouth of our Lord.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021

This passage is describing the battle of Gog and Magog found in Eze.39, which takes place after the thousand years reign of Christ (Rev.20:7-8).

Which begins his reign of 1000 years on earth.

How can you take this battle literally. Yet try to spiritualise his reign

May 22, 2020

Study scripture. The battleof armageddon occurs towards the end of the trib. period...when Christ comes down with His armies.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Which begins his reign of 1000 years on earth.
No my sincere friend. He's reigning now, until all who will be saved come to him.

How can you take this battle literally. Yet try to spiritualise his reign
We need to realize "spiritual" is literal. Our Lord himself literally defeated all spiritual forces of darkness.

And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly ,triumphing over them in it. Col.2:15

And we join him in this battle. When all of his people have conquered through him, Christs' reign comes to an end,

For he must reign ,till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 1Cor.15:25

Then, he judges all as God.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Study scripture. The battleof armageddon occurs towards the end of the trib. period...when Christ comes down with His armies.
2Thes.1:7-10 is a parallel passage of armageddon. No unbelievers are left after this. So, if you've been taught that our Lord will return to reign over unsaved people, you've been taught something that isn't true.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
2Thes.1:7-10 is a parallel passage of armageddon. No unbelievers are left after this. So, if you've been taught that our Lord will return to reign over unsaved people, you've been taught something that isn't true.

In reviewing Rev.20,you are correct. He said the saints mentioned in said verse will reign with Christ. However it doesn't say where this event will be,but no unsaved are there. The rest of the dead will not be there.

So does the thousand years take place in heaven and the earth continues as before except w/ o. Satan there?

I disagree the 1000 yr is happening now for Satan is still running rampant on the earth. He WILL BE BOUND during the 1000 yrs.

I know little of eschatology, so I'm listening. Don't go against the word,however!

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
In reviewing Rev.20,you are correct. He said the saints mentioned in said verse will reign with Christ. However it doesn't say where this event will be,but no unsaved are there. The rest of the dead will not be there.

So does the thousand years take place in heaven and the earth continues as before except w/ o. Satan there?

I disagree the 1000 yr is happening now for Satan is still running rampant on the earth. He WILL BE BOUND during the 1000 yrs.

I know little of eschatology, so I'm listening. Don't go against the word,however!
The word tells us God reigns on earth, even though satan is running rampant,

that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men. Dan.4:17

Even though our great King jesus was far mightier than all during his earthly ministry, he chose not to destroy the puny humans who insulted him. He chose to reign over his creation in mercy, because he is as his Father is. And he chose to have us reign with him the same way.

You believe Jesus isn't reigning over all his creation because evil still exists? His patience shouldn't be mistaken for impotence.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Here is the thing Folks ----many trash and Bash these Ministers like Kenneth Copeland etc because they can't see passed their millions of Dollars and what they have
I can't disagree more. In my experience most people are against Copeland and the like for being false teachers.
That they flaunt their riches while begging for money only further supports this idea.

May 22, 2020
Check it...who are His armies?

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
The word tells us God reigns on earth, even though satan is running rampant,

that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men. Dan.4:17

Even though our great King jesus was far mightier than all during his earthly ministry, he chose not to destroy the puny humans who insulted him. He chose to reign over his creation in mercy, because he is as his Father is. And he chose to have us reign with him the same way.

You believe Jesus isn't reigning over all his creation because evil still exists? His patience shouldn't be mistaken for impotence.

Most assuredly God is. sovereign!
We are his creation but sin has caused a separation from man to God.

He could but say.......and it would all be over.
He is not reigning the physical world in a physical sense. He reigns from heaven and the earth is his footstool!

Hmmmm, I think I saw some where in here you talking very close to Calvinism.

So I bid you ado, we will not engage again.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Check it...who are His armies?
We are, along with the holy angels,

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier ofJesus Christ. 2Thes.2:3

For though we live as human beings, we do not wage war according to human standards, for the weapons of our warfare are not human weapons, but are made powerful by God for tearing down strongholds. 2Cor.10:3-4

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Scripture disagrees:

The arrival of Christ for the second time accomplishes many things including the vials of wrath and destroying the army of the beast at Armageddon as well as resulting in the beast and false prophet being cast into the LOF. There is one more thing mentioned during the second coming that many do not notice which is the future rule over the nations which proves there are unsaved mortals that are set aside for being ruled over by the rod of iron:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite (Aorist tense verb with PRESENT tense meaning) the nations: and he shall rule (FUTURE tense verb) them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth (PRESENT tense verb) the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Here rule/poimaino is in the FUTURE tense meaning it will happen at some point AFTER the second coming and battle of Armageddon while treadeth/pateo is written in the PRESENT tense meaning it is happening during this second coming. The treading and smiting are happening at Armageddon but not the ruling which proves mortals will be alive after Armageddon is over. This proves the Premill position because indeed there is a future rule of people who were not slain during the second coming that Christ and his saints will rule over.

A second witness to this:

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

That is the second coming. Everything we read of next comes after the second coming:

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

After "the end" comes, there is given power over the nations to those that are overcomers which naturally includes those who "are alive and remain" at the second coming. They will be given power over the mortal unsaved nations after Christ has returned not before it.

Rev 2:27 And he shall rule (FUTURE tense verb) them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

After the second coming and after "the end" will the overcomers be given power over the nations, ruling them with a rod of iron. That proves the rod of iron rule over the nations for a thousand years does not even start until Christ has returned and has given overcomers this power to rule over the nations.

It is impossible to understand what happens at the second coming and what happens AFTER the second coming properly without understanding the verb tenses involved.

Since scripture does not contradict itself, there are no scriptures which state all mortals are slain at the second coming leaving none to be ruled over.

May 22, 2020
We are, along with the holy angels,

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier ofJesus Christ. 2Thes.2:3

For though we live as human beings, we do not wage war according to human standards, for the weapons of our warfare are not human weapons, but are made powerful by God for tearing down strongholds. 2Cor.10:3-4

So previously why stress unsaved?

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Scripture disagrees:

The arrival of Christ for the second time accomplishes many things including the vials of wrath and destroying the army of the beast at Armageddon as well as resulting in the beast and false prophet being cast into the LOF.
Scripture doesn't disagree. Our Lords very presence is a destroying LOF to the beast and false prophet,

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 2Thes.2:8

When we examine the scriptures, the LOF is describing the judgement seat of Christ. All are exposed to him. Only believers aren't harmed by him,

If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire 1Cor.3:15

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, Rev.20:11

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: Jn.5:22

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ 2Cor.5:10

for our God is a consuming fire. Heb.12:29

There is one more thing mentioned during the second coming that many do not notice which is the future rule over the nations which proves there are unsaved mortals that are set aside for being ruled over by the rod of iron:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite (Aorist tense verb with PRESENT tense meaning) the nations: and he shall rule (FUTURE tense verb) them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth (PRESENT tense verb) the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Here rule/poimaino is in the FUTURE tense meaning it will happen at some point AFTER the second coming and battle of Armageddon while treadeth/pateo is written in the PRESENT tense meaning it is happening during this second coming. The treading and smiting are happening at Armageddon but not the ruling which proves mortals will be alive after Armageddon is over. This proves the Premill position because indeed there is a future rule of people who were not slain during the second coming that Christ and his saints will rule over.

A second witness to this:

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

That is the second coming. Everything we read of next comes after the second coming:

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

After "the end" comes, there is given power over the nations to those that are overcomers which naturally includes those who "are alive and remain" at the second coming. They will be given power over the mortal unsaved nations after Christ has returned not before it.

Rev 2:27 And he shall rule (FUTURE tense verb) them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

After the second coming and after "the end" will the overcomers be given power over the nations, ruling them with a rod of iron. That proves the rod of iron rule over the nations for a thousand years does not even start until Christ has returned and has given overcomers this power to rule over the nations.
What it proves is reward is based on faithfulness and God will decide what nation believers are assigned to, whether Israel, or some other nation, but all are saved individuals,

And the nations of them which are saved shall walkin the light of it: Rev.21:24

Scripture disagrees:
It is impossible to understand what happens at the second coming and what happens AFTER the second coming properly without understanding the verb tenses involved.

Since scripture does not contradict itself, there are no scriptures which state all mortals are slain at the second coming leaving none to be ruled over.
As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man.....the flood came and swept them all away Mt.24:37,39

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store,reserved unto fire 2Pet.36-7

Please read how Peter describes the revelation of Jesus Christ. No one who remains in a mortal state will survive.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
No one who remains in a mortal state will survive.

I've already proven a massive amount of the mortal nations are intended to survive. The entire purpose of the thousand years rod of iron reign is for them.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I've already proven a massive amount of the mortal nations are intended to survive. The entire purpose of the thousand years rod of iron reign is for them.
No. What you did is isolatie a few verses of Revelation from the rest of the scriptures,

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Mt.24:14

Not another 1000 years will occur.

But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 2Pet.3:7

Judgement day, not another 1000 years.