mmm well in New Zealand the public health system is under a lot of strain, but it has actually improved I think and its actually pretty good by world standards. Lots of NZers have moved to Australia, as it has more opportunities, better pay, things are cheaper relatively. Cost of living has gone sky high for most ordinary people, only if you are super rich will you not be affected.
Ha I don't have any of the things nearing middle age (not quite there yet) except for close friends. Lots of people my age have been laid off. I might have done it when I was younger, and if I found love ie a real partner/spouse I would have considered moving to be with them permanently of course, but that didn't happen so ...?
People/random strangers you find off the internet don't count for me, I think I need to genuinely know them for a length of time intimately before I would consider such a life-changing move. So sorry for anyone who's looking. I just want to chat with people not necessarily jump into bed with them. I have actually met some people like this and it's incredibly risky, well for women at least because you know absolutely nothing about them except what they tell you, and they could be lying!!
Caveat, my mother left her country behind to be with my dad, so, she did it. But she wanted to leave before that because things were dire in the motherland. I think a lot of people do this for these reasons, not necessarily for love...love is a bonus I think.